After last shooting, it’s time to reevaluate age of majority

Again, if you have a problem then you find the source of the problem and fix it.

So you rise the age to buy a gun? Does that fix the problem? No because you still have those people out there. You didn't actually do anything to solve the problem. You just put a coat of paint over the problem and pretended like it magically went away.
It doesn’t fix the problem completely, but it mitigates it by removing guns from those who are less likely to be mature enough to use them responsibly.

Last edited:
I am glad to hear you are more sensible about this issue. The environment today is able to corrupt young minds more so as in the past. Not long ago I read that many households have "children" living under their parents roof ten years+ longer than in the past. In many of those homes there are 28 year old males who have never held a full time job, let alone work at all to support themselves. Maturity is a huge factor whether or not someone should be able to purchase a firearm.

Just a thought... As an aside to the above, maybe this country should have required military service.
I’m glad to hear you find me sensible about this issue. I actually consider myself a “moderate conservative” - although these days anyone not totally liberal is deemed “alt-right.” I suppose that’s a discussion for another tIme.

And yes, you get it on the maturity level. In the 70s, it was rare to find someone in their early 20s still living at home. They were either away finishing up at college, renting a “house share” and holding down a job, or in the military. Things have really changed since.

As far as the required military service, that’s not a bad idea. Israel does that, and it does make kids grow up.

Lol, people need to carry guns now more than ever because the police have shown the world they can't be trusted, and they will prevent you from saving your children.

It doesn’t fix the problem completely, but it mitigates it by removing guns from blacks those who are less likely to be mature enough to use them responsibly.
Nothing about addressing criminals. Lol

If they are old enough to go to war they are old enough tobown a gun.

Changing this is just a virtue feel good reaction in a time of faction. Will not stop mass shootings and will punish all for the actions of one.

Thats like killing the cow because he saw the foxbkill the chicken

no contracts signed. No real legal consequences for the most part. Parents would be responsible for them till they were 21.

and then after a couple decades of them being coddled till they were 21 we will have to raise the age to 25.
Some are coddled well into their thirties.

An earlier generation went to war at eighteen, the Me generation can't even start a lawnmower.

I largely blame the parents. They coddle their kids too much. Someone I know is paying $2700 a month for his son to rent a 1-bedroom apartment in DC because, he said, it “would be too long of a commute” if the young man, a college graduate, had to rent out in Gaithersburg and take the Metro in.

Forum List

Back