Washington Post's Marc Fisher:“Invented for Nazi infantrymen, further developed by the US military, the AR-15 was the Texas shooters weapon of choice"

even if it is true, how does this help here? that only makes things worse!

He's absolutely full of shit.

The STG 44 didn't even use a rifle round, it used a "medium caliber" upgrade from the Schmeisser MP sub machine gun.

The Gas system is much more similar to that of the AK and Stoner's design was based on a completely different set of oprating principles focusing on two full sized rifle rounds, the 7.62 NATO and .556 NATO rounds with the later becoming the standard battle rifle round feeding the M-16 and M-4 variants as the Pentagon preferred the much lighter round to increase the combat load without increasing weight.

This moron "journalist" thinks that because Nazis invented the "assault rifle", that means AR-15's were created by Nazi's. First off, it isnt true. It was invented by an AMerican many years after WW2, and he didnt use a Nazi engineer or Nazi designs to create it. Secondly, the AR in AR-15 doesnt stand for "assault rifle". It stands for "Armalite". Left wingers say the dumbest things, but its always amusing fodder for normal people! :laugh:

Last edited:
  • Banned
This moron "journalist" thinks that because Nazis invented the "assault rifle", that means AR-15's were created by Nazi's. First off, it isnt true. It was invented by an AMerican many years after WW2, and he didnt use a Nazi engineer or Nazi designs to create it. Secondly, the AR in AR-15 doesnt stand for "assault rifle". It stands for "Armalite". Left wingers say the dumbest things, but its always amusing fodder for normal people! :laugh:
i believe you!

and i believe if we were born then you and me would have fought side by side against the Nazis and kicked some German butt!

Firearms History and the Technology of Gun Violence – UC Davis Library

Sturmgewehr 44: The First Assault Rifle​

In response to the demands of the battlefield, the Germans developed the Sturmgewehr (Stg) 44 whose name translates as “Assault Rifle.” Its model number is derived from the year of its issue, 1944.

Forum List

Back