Advil launches campaign to achieve pain equity and end systemic pain racism

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Advil is literally advertising that black people are more vulnerable and fragile than other races, and need their products to deal with pain.

How is that not "racist"?

History of systemic PAIN bias

"The sources of pain bias in the US date back hundreds of years and are deeply rooted in racism. Below are a few historical examples that have directly led to the pain biases seen today...

That’s why Advil, Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) and BLKHLTH have decided to team up in a mission for pain equity."

Believe My Pain - Addressing Health Inequity in Pain Management & Healthcare | Advil

Advil is literally advertising that black people are more vulnerable and fragile than other races, and need their products to deal with pain.

How is that not "racist"?

History of systemic PAIN bias

"The sources of pain bias in the US date back hundreds of years and are deeply rooted in racism. Below are a few historical examples that have directly led to the pain biases seen today...

That’s why Advil, Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) and BLKHLTH have decided to team up in a mission for pain equity."

Believe My Pain - Addressing Health Inequity in Pain Management & Healthcare | Advil

lol, what is pain equity? If you go to the doctor and he asks “you feeling any pain”, and if you say “no”, then he punches you in the face and says “how about now”?

Lol

I have been given more than my share of pain and I would like to donate some of it to a black man that lacks in pain.

LOL.....Except were it's available to blacks in blue cities it's under lock and key. :laughing0301:
More like white ignorance.

Racial bias in pain assessment and treatment recommendations, and false beliefs about biological differences between blacks and whites

The present work examines beliefs associated with racial bias in pain management, a critical health care domain with well-documented racial disparities. Specifically, this work reveals that a substantial number of white laypeople and medical students and residents hold false beliefs about biological differences between blacks and whites and demonstrates that these beliefs predict racial bias in pain perception and treatment recommendation accuracy. It also provides the first evidence that racial bias in pain perception is associated with racial bias in pain treatment recommendations.

It’s a weird ad, but I’m guessing it’s referring to disparities in pain management from health professionals treating blacks compared with whites.

“Abundant research shows racial bias in pain treatment. A 2016 study found half of white medical students and residents held at least one false belief about biological differences between Blacks and Whites, and were more likely to underestimate Black patients’ pain.

“The management of pain is one of the largest disparities that we see between Black people and White people in the American health-care system,” said Tina Sacks, an associate professor at the University of California at Berkeley and author of “Invisible Visits: Black Middle-Class Women in the American Healthcare System.””

Link

It’s a weird ad, but I’m guessing it’s referring to disparities in pain management from health professionals treating blacks compared with whites.

“Abundant research shows racial bias in pain treatment. A 2016 study found half of white medical students and residents held at least one false belief about biological differences between Blacks and Whites, and were more likely to underestimate Black patients’ pain.

“The management of pain is one of the largest disparities that we see between Black people and White people in the American health-care system,” said Tina Sacks, an associate professor at the University of California at Berkeley and author of “Invisible Visits: Black Middle-Class Women in the American Healthcare System.””

Link
But my doctor is not white.

More like white ignorance.

Racial bias in pain assessment and treatment recommendations, and false beliefs about biological differences between blacks and whites

The present work examines beliefs associated with racial bias in pain management, a critical health care domain with well-documented racial disparities. Specifically, this work reveals that a substantial number of white laypeople and medical students and residents hold false beliefs about biological differences between blacks and whites and demonstrates that these beliefs predict racial bias in pain perception and treatment recommendation accuracy. It also provides the first evidence that racial bias in pain perception is associated with racial bias in pain treatment recommendations.
I have observed that black people are the most likely to have a handicap parking sticker even though blacks represent just 12% of the population

Which makes me think the Advil study is pandering

I have observed that black people are the most likely to have a handicap parking sticker even though blacks represent just 12% of the population

Which makes me think the Advil study is pandering
Your moronic observations aren't of any concern to me or anyone really. :dunno:

You are free to ignore reality
The things you claim to observe aren't respected as representations of reality until you prove them.
Which seems to be libs one great talent
It's you fragile whites that want to substitute your cosplay for respected research and expect the rest us to go along rather than point and laugh at you. :laugh:

Forum List

Back