Adios, Liz Cheney

I applaud her courage to vote her conscience which I think will most likely end her political career. Other politicians, have gone against their party but in almost all cases, it was done with the understanding within the party that it was necessary to maintain support of constituents. That of course was not the case with Cheney. She was elected to represent her district and that she did not do. Wyoming is a strong republican state and a strong supporter of Donald Trump. When she voted to impeach him and when she spoke against him over and over she was certainly not representing her people.

The founders created the House Representatives to give the American people a more direct voice in the government and to make sure they listened to that voice they faced reelection every two years.
Doesn't speak well for the electorate of Wyoming. I guess the truth, honesty, the law, and their integrity hold no value. Nothing worse than losing your values.

Sad to see Republicans surrender their party to Trump

They will regret it
I mean they are diving head first for a criminal, Authoritarian, a dictator, an accessory to murder, a traitor to our country, the works. Fuck that scum.

The election still has to take place. She could pull it off, that is, if voters believe she has done enough for them in all her years representing them. If not, then she deserves to lose.
The truth never loses. If their electorate wants to swim in a cesspool of lies, that's on them.

I'll just about guarantee you she'll get a job offer from one or both of those.
What makes you think she might want a job. She has a net worth of about 15 million and her dad is worth a lot more, as much as 86 million. The one chance she has of regaining her political statue would be for the conviction of Donald Trump for espionage or like crimes against the country which of course is not likely.

The truth never loses. If their electorate wants to swim in a cesspool of lies, that's on them.

Voters are never wrong in free and fair elections. Let's face it, if voters believed she had done a phenomenal job and improved their lives so much, they would vote for her regardless.

As it were, from all the comments I have read online, she is viewed as your basic opportunist, "means-to-an-ends (wealth and power)" politician.

These types are not popular in the GOP right now.

What makes you think she might want a job. She has a net worth of about 15 million and her dad is worth a lot more, as much as 86 million. The one chance she has of regaining her political statue would be for the conviction of Donald Trump for espionage or like crimes against the country which of course is not likely.
I disagree. Letting Trump off the hook would be the same as surrendering this country to North Korea. We would be letting go of every value we have as a country. They do that, and we are done.

Voters are never wrong in free and fair elections. Let's face it, if voters believed she had done a phenomenal job and improved their lives so much, they would vote for her regardless.

As it were, from all the comments I have read online, she is viewed as your basic opportunist, "means-to-an-ends (wealth and power)" politician.

These types are not popular in the GOP right now.
Really? And who and what is Trump?

What "espionage or like crimes against the country"? Do you mean like...

...gasoline that rose to twice the price it was during 2018, an inflation rate that rose to 9.1%, which was almost 5 times higher than it was in 2019, a recession, the average middle-class family coming up about $6,000 short of disposable income, hefty taxes coming for the middle class, and retirement accounts losing $3 trillion dollars just over the last year. The price of oil jumping up to $130 per barrel, having to beg Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil while draining our own strategic reserves, sporadic shortages on the store shelves, supply line disruptions, a steadily-increasing trade imbalance with China, an spiraling epidemic of violent crime and drugs, 4 million more illegals within the last two years, more COVID deaths than in 2020, a dishonorable withdrawal from Afghanistan that cost 13 American soldiers their lives, a weakened, pussified military, and IRS training to be home invaders, an FBI acting like Nazi storm troopers, Iran's nuclear program having enough nuclear material to build a bomb and conducting attacks on US citizens like Salmon Rushdie, a revitalized Russian oil industry, China being energy and militarily dominant, a war in Europe that could even go nuclear, and China and North Korea threatening the US?

I applaud her courage to vote her conscience which I think will most likely end her political career. Other politicians, have gone against their party but in almost all cases, it was done with the understanding within the party that it was necessary to maintain support of constituents. That of course was not the case with Cheney. She was elected to represent her district and that she did not do. Wyoming is a strong republican state and a strong supporter of Donald Trump. When she voted to impeach him and when she spoke against him over and over she was certainly not representing her people.

The founders created the House Representatives to give the American people a more direct voice in the government and to make sure they listened to that voice they face reelection every two years.
Very few Progs will do what we see to many Repubs do. Repub elites have helped cause the leftwing extremist movements in our nation.

Really? And who and what is Trump?
An outsider who was able to get things done and call out the challenges facing America.

It might not have been pleasant or diplomatic, but he tried to solve the issues,

Last edited:
And Trump? He fleeced you all for $250 million. :laughing0301: Do you know where it went?
Most American have been fleeced at least ten percent of their salaries/pensions in the last year and more since Bidne was installed. Progs have passed trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars of legislation that will end up with a lot of it fleeced.

Forum List

Back