Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

If He told both of them not to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge, then it would be a sin to do so or to exhort another to do so.
Would you follow a command to stay so stupid you could never recognize nakedness or what to do with that dangly bit?

Let me give you a TLDR.

Can you help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

And if you cannot, why would God punish you?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by putting forward their free will argument and placing all the blame on mankind.

That usually sounds like ----God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy. Such statements simply avoid God's culpability as the author and creator of human nature.

Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all do evil/sin by nature then, the evil/sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not do evil/sin. Can we then help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.

Much has been written to explain evil and sin but I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created. Without intent to do evil, no act should be called evil.

In secular courts, this is called mens rea. Latin for an evil mind or intent and without it, the court will not find someone guilty even if they know that they are the perpetrator of the act.

Evil then is only human to human when they know they are doing evil and intend harm.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.

Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil, at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, you should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from, God or nature, without evolution we would go extinct. We must do good and evil.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

This link speak to theistic evolution.

If theistic evolution is true, then the myth of Eden should be read as a myth and there is not really any original sin.

Doing evil then is actually forced on us by evolution and the need to survive. Our default position is to cooperate or to do good. I offer this clip as proof of this. You will note that we default to good as it is better for survival.

Can you help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

And if you cannot, why would God punish you?

Regards
DL

It's an ignorant allegory, nothing to get excited about.
It is the best creation myth that I know of and explains the presence of all person to person natural evil quite well.

Evolution.

Regards
DL

Eve was as bright as a brick and Yahweh still sent Satan to deceive her.

Adam sinned but Eve was deceived.

Did you not care that she had no evil intent?

Are you a moral coward or one who can judge fairly using mens rea?

Your bible call it Adam's sin. Did you never notice that it gives Eve a pass?

Regards
DL
Adam took responsibility for Eve's sin, just as Christ takes responsibility for ours.

Adam took responsibility for Eve's sin, just as Christ takes responsibility for ours.
Really want to go to that immoral view?

On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

God did not send Satan to tempt Eve. He doesn't do that and if you read the chapter you'd see he did not do it. I suspect he knew it would happen but Eve had free will.

You're judging Eve by man's law instead of God's law. They had everything and all they had to do was to obey that one rule. It wasn't hard for Satan to tempt Eve...she even told the snake what the rule was.

Once she did it...she needed a partner in crime so she set up Adam. That doubles her sin.
wal mart manipulated eve...bitch kept blowing adams money on sex torys walmart had them back then

Really want to go to that immoral view?

On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL
Jesus' sacrifice was for the hereafter, not the mortal here-and-now. We all die, the righteous and the sinner.

True, but it could be argued that Adam tried to blame her for the fact that he failed to follow God’s instructions.
If temptation is a sin, then Satan sinned here first and brought death, not Adam, as scriptures say.

Is the scripture lying?

On that same guilt line, what about God who planned the fall?

After all, Christians do sing that Adam's sin is a happy fault and a necessary part of God's plan.

Regards
DL

Adam and Eve is clearly a parable.
Sooo.... there is that.
Uninformative.

A parable of what?

What is the punch line?

Eve did the smart and right thing. Right?

Without her and Satan, God's plan would have fallen off the rails.

Regards
DL

That's why it's called "Adam's sin."
Is it a sin to ignore a command that tells you to remain ignorant of nakedness and unable to reproduce?

I don't think so.

Scripturally speaking, puny humans cannot derail the plan as that would indicate a flaw, and flaws are not present in what God creates. Scripturally speaking.

My God gets a pass on creating perfectly.

Does yours get a fail?

Regards
DL

God blamed Adam.
Adam blamed Eve.
Eve blamed the snake.
And he didn't have a leg to stand on.
Damit.

Satan is a female.

Do you know how many intelligent people are too deceived to realize this?

That is natural and correct in reality and it should also be applied to the myth, as the myth points out.

Regards
DL
expultion.jpg

Regards
DL

Last edited:
If temptation is a sin, then Satan sinned here first and brought death, not Adam, as scriptures say.

Is the scripture lying?

On that same guilt line, what about God who planned the fall?

After all, Christians do sing that Adam's sin is a happy fault and a necessary part of God's plan.

Regards
DL
Was the snake Satan?

Uninformative.

A parable of what?

What is the punch line?

Eve did the smart and right thing. Right?

Without her and Satan, God's plan would have fallen off the rails.

Regards
DL
Obviously a parable of how sin can and will cause you to lose your place in heaven.
It is like many parables in the Bible, "I love you! But I will kill and torture you if you are not absolutely perfect! And I am kind!"

Damit.

Satan is a female.

Do you know how many intelligent people are too deceived to realize this?

That is natural and correct in reality and it should also be applied to the myth, as the myth points out.

Regards
DL
View attachment 712423

Regards
DL
Good point. The masculine pronoun was preferable in this case, even though Lucifer/Satan/Eve is the female antetype.

Is it a sin to ignore a command that tells you to remain ignorant of nakedness and unable to reproduce?

I don't think so.

Scripturally speaking, puny humans cannot derail the plan as that would indicate a flaw, and flaws are not present in what God creates. Scripturally speaking.

My God gets a pass on creating perfectly.

Does yours get a fail?

Regards
DL
The events in the garden were a human reenactment of the spiritual events that started the whole thing. The garden of Eden was the second "paradise lost", not the first.

Forum List

Back