Ack! Tornado(s)

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Here.

It has really been bad. Sirens going off....the works....I should be used to ot, but not sure you get used to that.

lightning-tornado-awesome-new-desktop-wallpaper-in-hd-free-widescreen-images.jpg

I've seen the second pic on Google, so I think she is posting what is supposed to be happening but is not taken from her camera.
Do you have a cellar? Grab the fam, the furkids, stuff you can't lose and hightail it to the basement!

Groundhog Day tornado in Pickens county Alabama.

Jill Gilardi 62 views

This was earlier

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Cool images. I heard that tornado warning for northern Alabama as I came through yesterday.

Here in NOLA it's been breezy and dark clouds but not much happening. Expecting thunderstorms, should be over in time for tomorrow's pardes. :eusa_dance:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
The first 2 pics I posted, no, those aren't near me...but a tornado is a tornado. It is still just pouring rain, and thunder all along, but I think the worst has passed...

The first 2 pics I posted, no, those aren't near me...but a tornado is a tornado. It is still just pouring rain, and thunder all along, but I think the worst has passed...

Well apparently you still have internets. 'Round my way the internet goes off if a mosquito sneezes in Madagascar.

I recall a twister that went through Tuscaloosa a few years back, right along 59. Saw the aftermath as I drove.

Up here in NW Ohio we got some thunderstorms today. It's rare for February but does happen occasionally in the winter. Good chance of rain tomorrow too., followed by cold overnight.

Perfect conditions for black ice on the roads.

Well apparently you still have internets. 'Round my way the internet goes off if a mosquito sneezes in Madagascar.

I recall a twister that went through Tuscaloosa a few years back, right along 59. Saw the aftermath as I drove.

Oddly enough yes, I do have Internet. Funny how it will go out on a perfectly sunny day, and not during this kind of vicious weather.

Up here in NW Ohio we got some thunderstorms today. It's rare for February but does happen occasionally in the winter. Good chance of rain tomorrow too., followed by cold overnight.

ugh...Black ice. I know what that is..

Twins. A rarity

c71571c56829562f9b304f91bfa4458f.jpg

We had black ice in Vermont one night --- it took me over three hours to drive to work because nobody would dare top about 15 mph on I-5... it was a radio station and the guy I was relieving had to stay until I got there. When I did, he couldn't leave. The parking lot was perfectly flat and his truck just wouldn't move. Just spun its wheels in place. He made a bed under some studio control board and went to sleep.

It's insidious, that stuff. When the temp is around freezing I watch my car thermometer constantly..

We had black ice in Vermont one night --- it took me over three hours to drive to work because nobody would dare top about 15 mph on I-5... it was a radio station and the guy I was relieving had to stay until I got there. When I did, he couldn't leave. The parking lot was perfectly flat and his truck just wouldn't move. Just spun its wheels in place. He made a bed under some studio control board and went to sleep.

It's insidious, that stuff. When the temp is around freezing I watch my car thermometer constantly..

ugh That stuff is scary. Even in patches. You can hit it and never knew it was there...until..

ugh That stuff is scary. Even in patches. You can hit it and never knew it was there...until..

Usually the car in front of me lets me know. :thup:

Usually the car in front of me lets me know. :thup:
Yep, you watch their brake lights come on and see them spin out of your way.

Forum List

Back