Accused of a crime in the USA

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
This is why you don't want to be accused of a crime in the USA.

1. The Conviction rate, while it recently has been lower than in Years past, this is only true because the offenders have also been richer, and in positions of public authority with "unions" that offer benefits through their job, that was last seen in the common job, back in the 70s, and more offenders have been white in recent times.

That its discrimination in and of itself.. and That is a faulty premise to assume that you'll get the same reprieves, but the conviction rate in the USA is still in the 80 plus percent range.

2. Judges and Juries in the USA don't want to hear any claims of a mitigating factor, like mental illness, as a matter of fact the Disabled get the same sort of sentences as other "Minorities" do in this discriminatory system.

The shooter in the Aurora, Colorado movie theater is getting the death penalty...

He isn't sentenced yet... just convicted.
And you know what ? He's getting the death penalty.. I guarantee it.
His fate is sealed... all this trial is now, is bullshit and a waste of time and money.

3. Sentences in the USA are long, options are limited, the courts don't care....
It often takes outside initiatives to prove that they didn't do the crime, once convicted because they wont listen to you anymore...
The conditions in the prison is Inhumane, everything about it.

4. The conviction rate is so high... that hundreds of them are set free after they were proven to not be the ones who did the crime.

5. Certain crimes in the USA come with penalties that are absolutely unconstitutional and are in dire need of revisiting, reconsideration and repealing.

These crimes are typically "sex crimes".... and unconstitutional penalties include further incarceration after being released from prison, and a sex offender registry that serves absolutely no purpose but to put undue hardship and a social stigma on the convict.

And some sex crimes have proven to be victimless... yes victimless a few cases between a minor and an adult having illegal sex together has resulted in marriage after the so called Victim turned 18.

So the USA is definitely not place that you want to be accused of a crime in.
That's how I see it.

This is why you don't want to be accused of a crime in the USA.

1. The Conviction rate, while it recently has been lower than in Years past, this is only true because the offenders have also been richer, and in positions of public authority with "unions" that offer benefits through their job, that was last seen in the common job, back in the 70s, and more offenders have been white in recent times.

That its discrimination in and of itself.. and That is a faulty premise to assume that you'll get the same reprieves, but the conviction rate in the USA is still in the 80 plus percent range.

2. Judges and Juries in the USA don't want to hear any claims of a mitigating factor, like mental illness, as a matter of fact the Disabled get the same sort of sentences as other "Minorities" do in this discriminatory system.

The shooter in the Aurora, Colorado movie theater is getting the death penalty...

He isn't sentenced yet... just convicted.
And you know what ? He's getting the death penalty.. I guarantee it.
His fate is sealed... all this trial is now, is bullshit and a waste of time and money.

3. Sentences in the USA are long, options are limited, the courts don't care....
It often takes outside initiatives to prove that they didn't do the crime, once convicted because they wont listen to you anymore...
The conditions in the prison is Inhumane, everything about it.

4. The conviction rate is so high... that hundreds of them are set free after they were proven to not be the ones who did the crime.

5. Certain crimes in the USA come with penalties that are absolutely unconstitutional and are in dire need of revisiting, reconsideration and repealing.

These crimes are typically "sex crimes".... and unconstitutional penalties include further incarceration after being released from prison, and a sex offender registry that serves absolutely no purpose but to put undue hardship and a social stigma on the convict.

And some sex crimes have proven to be victimless... yes victimless a few cases between a minor and an adult having illegal sex together has resulted in marriage after the so called Victim turned 18.

So the USA is definitely not place that you want to be accused of a crime in.
That's how I see it.
Thank you for the very honest post, I appreciate it. I've been saying the same thing about the injustices in our corrupt judicial system for many years now. There is no justice in America, and our judicial system is a joke. It's common for innocent citizens to be sent to prison, or placed in jail. Our courts allow circumstantial evidence cases, which is the apex of injustice. In America, your freedom is your luck, period. If you're guilty, and have enough money and influence, you walk. If you're innocent, poor, and don't know anyone with power or influence, chances are you're going to prison when facing a judge and jury. I can't figure out, nor understand, why we call it a judicial system.

Forum List

Back