About USMB and it’s status as a “conservative(?) Board” etc.

By the way, I have defined “conservatism.” And have also define “conservative.”
No you haven't.

I've read your posts around here before.

I'm fairly confident that any attempt to do so on your part would have been quite memorable. Particularly given your rabidly statist position on a lot of things discussed around here. Statist positions that, quite frankly, you just aren't of the intellectual capacity to understand are rabidly statist, observably.

You're just another indoctrinated, cookie-cutter winger, regurgitating what he hears on his idiot box, from where I'm sitting. A very low value poster in that regard.

They should have tossed your goofy rear end in the hole for a month in retrospect, rather than just the week. lolol....

Last edited:
I read recently (during a rather recent one week vacation) that some folks consider USMB to be both very poorly moderated AND a conservative board.

I have to say, I think they’re wrong.

I consider this board a particularly safe haven for liberal nonsense. Sure, it’s not like the insane Democrap Underground or the daily kos (whateverthefuck that might mean). Libs do get pushback here. Maybe that’s why they don’t like it and consider it a “conservative” board. They prefer group-think style orthodoxy. Silly libs.

And the moderation here ain’t too bad, despite my oft expressed concerns about certain stupid very very stupid rules like “Zone 1” protection for racist threads. Oh, and this penchant mods have for “cleaning up” threads. 🙄

I’m not going to use this forum to start a poll. Just wondering. Who actually believes that this Board is overly represented by conservatives? I see many. But I see oceans of liberals too.

In all honestly it is hard to tell ...

When you consider that the last "Conservative" in the White House was President Coolidge ...
And that as a Classical Liberal I am more Conservative than a Modern Conservative ...
It's really just a bunch of garbage and minutia.

To the point of moderation at USMB ... I agree that it is okay ...
With the understanding that it's not perfect, and any nefarious junk that goes on in that aspect is on them and not on us as a Community.

If I had to decide on a general stereotypical classification of the population here at USMB ...
It would undoubtably be an Establishment based mess of nitwits, more left of center than anything actually Conservative ...
And teetering dangerously close to Authoritarian Fascism on both sides of the imaginary aisle.

It doesn't matter that the sides don't agree on policy ... They are both looking for the Federal Government.
They are both attempting to leverage the opinions of people outside their districts because they aren't satisfied with leaving others alone.

They're not "Conservatives" ... They don't stand for the Principles of Limited Government unless they can somehow mangle that into fitting
their constant desire to Empower the Federal Government to do their bidding.

Last edited:

When you consider that the last "Conservative" in the White house was President Coolidge ...
And that as a Classical Liberal I am more Conservative than a Modern Conservative ...

With the understanding that it's not perfect, and any nefarious junk that goes on in that aspect is on them and not on us as a Community.

If I had to decide on a general stereotypical classification of the population here at USMB ...
It would undoubtably be an Establishment based mess of nitwits, more left of center than anything actually Conservative ...
And teetering dangerously close to Authoritarian Fascism on both side of the imaginary aisle.

It doesn't matter that the sides don't agree on policy ... They are both looking for the Federal Government.
They are both attempting to leverage the opinions of people outside their districts because they aren't satisfied with leaving others alone.

They're not "Conservatives" ... They don't stand for the Principles of Limited Government unless they can somehow mangle that into fitting

I like the phrase “classical liberalism”. I equate it (roughly) with a genuine understanding of conservatism.

That said, I disagree with the claim that “most” members here are “establishment based nitwits.” Denigrating the views of others in such a cheap fashion serves no useful purpose.

As a conservative (which is what I am and I am not persuaded by those who wish to label me as anything else), I absolutely do believe in “limited government.” But to merely trot out that expression is a bit misleading. When the Framers crafted our limited government in the form of a Constitutional Republic, it came with an array of checks and balances. Still and all, however, the Framers weren’t imbeciles.

The effort to constrain the dangers inherent in any government were not designed to cobble the ability of our government to do its actual job.

So there is a give and take. And I maintain that this is precisely as it’s supposed to be. If we find ourselves out of tune and out of balance, it was always supposed to be true that we, the American People, would engage in the scut work of putting us back into alignment.

It’s not a debate point. Go troll elsewhere, you scumbag.

I disagree.

The topical editorial clearly indicates the ''conservative status'' of USMB.

It's your responsibility to therefore lead. Naturally, us casual passers-by would expect a clear definition (or even your own interpretation, for that matter) of what that actually means for the sake of sound understanding and fruitful, functional debate/discusion.

That's what leaders do. Heck, that's what men do, for that matter.

And you haven't seen scumbag until your thread gets tossed in the basement for the pablum that it is. Not even close...

When you consider that the last "Conservative" in the White House was President Coolidge ...

And teetering dangerously close to Authoritarian Fascism on both sides of the imaginary aisle.

That's certainly a wall of truth there.

It's disturbing how quickly folks are to look for the federal government for every little thing, not even considering that this is the problem in almost every regard.

The very mention of being 'different' is quite laughable. Collectively speaking, of course.

I like the phrase “classical liberalism”. I equate it (roughly) with a genuine understanding of conservatism.

That said, I disagree with the claim that “most” members here are “establishment based nitwits.” Denigrating the views of others in such a cheap fashion serves no useful purpose.

As a conservative (which is what I am and I am not persuaded by those who wish to label me as anything else), I absolutely do believe in “limited government.” But to merely trot out that expression is a bit misleading. When the Framers crafted our limited government in the form of a Constitutional Republic, it came with an array of checks and balances. Still and all, however, the Framers weren’t imbeciles.

The effort to constrain the dangers inherent in any government were not designed to cobble the ability of our government to do its actual job.

So there is a give and take. And I maintain that this is precisely as it’s supposed to be. If we find ourselves out of tune and out of balance, it was always supposed to be true that we, the American People, would engage in the scut work of putting us back into alignment.

Where it is true that there is a give and take ... And my stereotypical classification is cheap, as any stereotypical thing would be at its core ...
I simply am not compelled to ignore how many people actually fit it to serve one side of the nonsense or the other.

I am not pigeonholing you or your ideas ... I made a broad assessment.
You may disagree and have every right to ... But I will also stand by my assessment.

The inherent dangers in governance are in my opinion best expressed quite simply in Frederic Bastiat's mere pamphlet titled The Law.
Law begets Law ... And as its actual nature ... Eventually starts to erode any genuine protections of individual rights and property.

Law itself in its simple existence Empowers the State ... As to govern anything is to limit it.
The Founders also were particular in that concern when creating the Bill of Rights.
The Rights therein don't belong to or come from the Government ... They are inalienable and cannot even be given away by the possessor.

Where you and I may disagree may be more along the lines of exactly where "mind your damn business" may fall ...
Governmentally and not personally of course.

I'm still waiting for you two bumblefucks to tell us all what it means to be conservative.

I mean, if we're gonna discuss the ''conservative'' status of USMB.

You're funny, though, winger. What. You want me to upload my birth cirtificate for you in order for you two half-wits to even consider making even a rudimentary attempt at any kind of functional debate? lolol...
If you actually had any intelligence, you would look up the definition yourself. But that would hurt your precious little ego and prove y ou to be the liar you are.

Ha. What? Why that just doesn't make a lick of sense.
Your posts 376 and 379. Can't keep your lies straight, or just stupid?

It appears that it is you who lacks a "lick of sense" not keeping your lies straight.

BTW, I could care less about your birth certificate. It proves nothing as it can easily be faked. Just like your alleged claims.

I'm still waiting for you two bumblefucks to tell us all what it means to be conservative.

I mean, if we're gonna discuss the ''conservative'' status of USMB.

You're funny, though, winger. What. You want me to upload my birth cirtificate for you in order for you two half-wits to even consider making even a rudimentary attempt at any kind of functional debate? lolol...
Resorting to insults is proof you lack the intelligence to hold a truthful discussion.

If you actually had any intelligence, you would look up the definition yourself. But that would hurt your precious little ego and prove y ou to be the liar you are.

I don't really need to look it up. Heh heh.

I've done it. Many times.

But if you folks are gonna throw the term around, it would be helpful if you'd demonstrate for the rest of us that you know what you're talking about, rather than using it as a mere catch phrase.

No you haven't.

I've read your posts around here before.

I'm fairly confident that any attempt to do so on your part would have been quite memorable. Particularly given your rabidly statist position on a lot of things discussed around here. Statist positions that, quite frankly, you just aren't of the intellectual capacity to understand are rabidly statist, observably.

You're just another indoctrinated, cookie-cutter winger, regurgitating what he hears on his idiot box, from where I'm sitting. A very low value poster in that regard.

They should have tossed your goofy rear end in the hole for a month in retrospect, rather than just the week. lolol....
You resorting to further proof of your lack of comprehension and refusal to accept facts are actually proof that you are a moronic liar and have an enormous ego.

I don't really need to look it up. Heh heh.

I've done it. Many times.

But if you folks are gonna throw the term around, it would be helpful if you'd demonstrate for the rest of us that you know what you're talking about, rather than using it as a mere catch phrase.
Again, proof that you are stupid. Find one post where I have claimed to be a conservative. When you can't, go away to liberal land where you belong.

You further display y our lack of comprehension. You have yet to show that you have ever looked up any definition, much less understood it.

Where it is true that there is a give and take ... And my stereotypical classification is cheap, as any stereotypical thing would be at its core ...
I simply am not compelled to ignore how many people actually fit it to serve one side of the nonsense or the other.

I am not pigeonholing you or your ideas ... I made a broad assessment.
You may disagree and have every right to ... But I will also stand by my assessment.

The inherent dangers in governance are in my opinion best expressed quite simply in Frederic Bastiat's mere pamphlet titled The Law.
Law begets Law ... And as its actual nature ... Eventually starts to erode any genuine protections of individual rights and property.

Law itself in its simple existence Empowers the State ... As to govern anything is to limit it.
The Founders also were particular in that concern when creating the Bill of Rights.
The Rights therein don't belong to or come from the Government ... They are inalienable and cannot even be given away by the possessor.

Where you and I may disagree may be more along the lines of exactly where "mind your damn business" may fall ...
Governmentally and not personally of course.

You are doing the classifying. It sounded a lot like those with whom you disagree are all statist idiots. If that’s not what you intended to be saying (or understood as having said), cool. But that only means that you were unclear.

As to your final paragraph, yes. People may disagree. For example, don’t require anybody else’s approval to call myself a conservative. And I have disagreements with some conservatives along the lines of some social issues. Some conservatives believe that the government has a legit authority and purpose in prohibiting gay behavior or gay marriage. I don’t. I say it’s none of my business; and that if it is none of my business then it is none of the government’s business, either.

And abortion “rights.” I believe that it is abhorrent that our government “allowed” the mass slaughter of preborn human beings. I believe that at conception, that creature is a human life. And to “permit” it to be aborted is a denial of the right to life. However, I am a bit inconsistent. Guilty. Everything I said is equally true of the product of a rape or incest yet nevertheless I agree that it would be inhuman to force a mother so impregnated to have to give birth. I acknowledge a couple of other obvious exceptions too.

Someone wants to scratch my name out of the big book of conservatives, go ahead. I reject that effort though. Another wonderful thing about conservatism. The thinking of others doesn’t necessarily bind me.

Forum List

Back