Abortion and how men are getting screwed.

KudoZ

Oct 23, 2012
Lets start with a guy that admits, "I stuck my pencil in this woman and she got pregnant."
So now he says, I want there to be an abortion. She says no way.
My question is: why doesn't his obligation end right there? If "as women declare" that both men and women are equally responcible for a pregnancy then why don't men have equal say in the disposition of the event?

Because men don't get pregnant, that's why. They have no say in whether the woman has an abortion, because he isn't pregnant, and the pregnancy doesn't involve his body. She gets to make the decision.

If he has made it clear from the start that he doesn't want a baby, and the woman agrees, if she gets pregnant and then demands child support, I don't like that. Because I do think that men should have the option of backing out of fatherhood, much like women can opt out of mother hood by having an abortion.

Lets start with a guy that admits, "I stuck my pencil in this woman and she got pregnant."
My question is: why doesn't his obligation end right there? If "as women declare" that both men and women are equally responcible for a pregnancy then why don't men have equal say in the disposition of the event?

It seems to me he should have put something between his pencil and the woman so we wouldn't have to ponder that question.

so when is the baby due? ha ha 18 years of child support. you should have just kept it in your pants.

so when is the baby due? ha ha 18 years of child support. you should have just kept it in your pants.

This is the same argument lifers use when claiming the woman shouldn't have an abortion - 'She should have kept her legs closed'. Yet we seem to have a double standard in which its okay for a woman not to use birth control, because she has the option of abortion, but the man is required to use some form of birth control, or else he is saddled with child support.

Why?

This is the same argument lifers use when claiming the woman shouldn't have an abortion - 'She should have kept her legs closed'. Yet we seem to have a double standard in which its okay for a woman not to use birth control, because she has the option of abortion, but the man is required to use some form of birth control, or else he is saddled with child support.

Why?

I guess because the male is stronger and the women generally weaker. Plus I am a guy and have two 28 year old boys and a 16 year old daughter. my baby girl can do no harm but my boys had better have kept it their pants or reap what they have sowed.

The State assumes that pregnant women will want their babies. & so, if the mother chooses to carry to term, the State will help support her - to the extent that the State will often collect child support for her. WIC, TANF, Food Stamps, subsidized rent, etc. are support systems aimed @ single mothers & dependent children.

So - a prospective father needs to consider - if he doesn't want to father a child, he needs to take precautions or make sure that his partner does - or face the possibility that he will be partially responsible for child support for years.

Of course, the State also has a vested interest in babies - without new citizens, there's eventually no reason to have a State - as Japan & W. European countries are discovering. The resolution of that puzzle will be interesting.

I agree with you. Women can opt out, men should have that same option.

Because the pregnancy doesn't happen inside HIS body. :cuckoo:

I agree with you. Women can opt out, men should have that same option.

but they already have that option~ point A goes into slot C if they dont want it zipper it up.

Advice to men and women everywhere...

A baby potentially binds you to the person you're poking. Sex means there is a possibility of a child.

If you are not sure you would want to parent a child with that person, don't screw her.

Losers.

It's the law and it applies to both genders.

My impression with the original post is that the person asked what rights they had if he didn't want the obligation of being a parent.

I simply provided the information he was asking about.

You can't terminate your parental liability easily. Typically you need the mothers permission and the court has to deem it best for the infant.

I didn't say it was easy I said it is an option that a person can pursue.

I don't think the decision to abort is easy either.

Any situation where one person wants to terminate pregnancy or parental rights and the other does not want that will not be an easy situation.

Still there are means or pursing terminating a pregnancy under the law as well as terminating parental rights.

Because men don't get pregnant, that's why. They have no say in whether the woman has an abortion, because he isn't pregnant, and the pregnancy doesn't involve his body. She gets to make the decision.

If he has made it clear from the start that he doesn't want a baby, and the woman agrees, if she gets pregnant and then demands child support, I don't like that. Because I do think that men should have the option of backing out of fatherhood, much like women can opt out of mother hood by having an abortion.

Then he should have worn a condom.....simple as that.
If he didn't want to take responsibility to wear a condom, and she gets pregnant, he's just as obligated to that child as the woman is.

Also....how much say does a man have when the woman decides to get an abortion and he doesn't want his child murdered?? NONE. Why shouldn't he have a say in what she does when she's carrying HIS child? Should the courts decide? Maybe..............

Men are getting screwed? Because their children can be killed and thus they get "sex without consequences"?

Yeah im sure a bunch of heartless men who were just using their partners for sex are getting totally screwed by abortion.

If he doesn't want a kid he can terminate his parental rights and won't be legally obligated.

That's true....

But what if he doesn't WANT his child murdered? Sounds like everyone is thinking the man NEVER wants to have that child, but that's not true. If the woman doesn't want it, but the man does....what then?

Forum List

Back