Abortion and Gay Marriage

Ok, so lets accept the left's premise homosexuality is genetically predetermined, and there is no environmental component. What if at a future date, we could determine this gene while a fetus is still in the womb. Would those of you on the left support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?

You seem obsessed with finding ways for people to continue to discriminate against gays.

You seem to want to control a woman's body.

Her body, her choice.

Ok, so lets accept the left's premise homosexuality is genetically predetermined, and there is no environmental component. What if at a future date, we could determine this gene while a fetus is still in the womb. Would those of you on the left support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?
The Left is not all pro-choice and supportive of gays and the Right is not all pro-life and anti-gays.

We are of course speaking in generalities, there are always outliers but exceptions don't change the rule. But those who support homosexual marriage and abortion tend to be left wing.

So what's your opinion on this issue. Would you support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?

If you are speaking in generalities, the people who are okay with homosexuality would not abort a fetus because if had the gay gene. The only people who would are people who don't like gays and are pro-choice, which you have just ruled out with this post. :lol:

Last edited:
No, I don't support most laws attempting to restrict a woman's control over her own body.
I agree, I also think fathers should be able to abort their financial responsibilities to the child if they don't want to raise it, for equality's sake.
That's the wrong answer since it puts the needs and wants of the father over those of the child. No court will ever support that concept nor should they.

I disagree, since a woman's first responsibility is to herself(as it is her right to terminate a pregnancy), it is only fair the first responsibility of a man be to himself as well(since he obviously can't force a woman to abort). His wallet, his choice.

The Left is not all pro-choice and supportive of gays and the Right is not all pro-life and anti-gays.

We are of course speaking in generalities, there are always outliers but exceptions don't change the rule. But those who support homosexual marriage and abortion tend to be left wing.

So what's your opinion on this issue. Would you support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?

If you are speaking in generalities, the people who are okay with homosexuality would not abort a fetus because it had the gay gene. The only people who would are people who don't like gays and are pro-choice, which you have just ruled out with this post. :lol:
Which may be more than you think...

If you are speaking in generalities, the people who are okay with homosexuality would not abort a fetus because it had the gay gene. The only people who would are people who don't like gays and are pro-choice, which you have just ruled out with this post. :lol:

You ruled that out. Read your own post. "But those who support homosexual marriage and abortion tend to be left wing". You coupled being pro abortion with being pro gay. A pro abortion person is not going to abort a gay kid. You linked them!

Trying to move the goalposts now, eh? :lol:

Last edited:

You ruled that out. Read your own post. "But those who support homosexual marriage and abortion tend to be left wing". You coupled being pro abortion with being pro gay. A pro abortion person is not going to abort a gay kid. You linked them!

I am not moving the goal posts. Most people that support abortion and homosexual marriage are left wing.

Like I said above, if you want a real test of real world conditions, ask a pro-choicer if they support gender bias abortions.

That would give a good indication of how they would feel about sexual orientation bias abortions should that ever become a reality.

I am not moving the goal posts. Most people that support abortion and homosexual marriage are left wing.

You still don't get it. You are linking being pro-gay with pro-abortion. So a pro-abortion person is not going to abort a kid for being gay! You just said they are pro gay!

You still don't get it. You are linking being pro-gay with pro-abortion. So a pro-abortion person is not going to abort a kid for being gay! You just said they are pro gay!

You can support one and oppose the other, like you. Not everyone fits the left-right binary.

I also think there are some who are pro gay marriage who would abort a gay fetus. Just because they support a gay getting married doesn't mean they necessarily want a gay kid.

All that remains is to ask right wingers which they hate more: Having a gay kid, or abortion.

Ain't that a bitch? :lol:

Last edited:
I agree, I also think fathers should be able to abort their financial responsibilities to the child if they don't want to raise it, for equality's sake.
That's the wrong answer since it puts the needs and wants of the father over those of the child. No court will ever support that concept nor should they.

I disagree, since a woman's first responsibility is to herself(as it is her right to terminate a pregnancy), it is only fair the first responsibility of a man be to himself as well(since he obviously can't force a woman to abort). His wallet, his choice.

I can appreciate your interest in equality, however, pregnancy is inherently unequal. And again, you are attempting to put the fathers needs over that of the child's. I've seen paternity cases where a man is found not to be the biological father of a child but the court ruled he still had to pay child support.

The needs of the child outweigh the needs of the father. I believe Spock said that in episode #72 of Star Trek.

I've heard more than a few Conservatives espouse this nonsense which really makes one wonder where they truly stand on abortion since this position would only increase abortions by women who were already on the fence about getting one due to financial issues. Without the financial help from the father, there will be more abortions.

So what is it that Conservative really care about? Preventing abortions? Or protecting their wallets?

You can support one and oppose the other, like you. Not everyone fits the left-right binary.

I also think there are some who are pro gay marriage who would abort a gay fetus. Just because they support a gay getting married doesn't mean they necessarily want a gay kid.

If your child to be had the gay gene, would you abort it?

I can appreciate your interest in equality, however, pregnancy is inherently unequal. And again, you are attempting to put the fathers needs over that of the child's. I've seen paternity cases where a man is found not to be the biological father of a child but the court ruled he still had to pay child support.

The needs of the child outweigh the needs of the father. I believe Spock said that in episode #72 of Star Trek.

I've heard more than a few Conservatives espouse this nonsense which really makes one wonder where they truly stand on abortion since this position would only increase abortions by women who were already on the fence about getting one due to financial issues. Without the financial help from the father, there will be more abortions.

So what is it that Conservative really care about? Preventing abortions? Or protecting their wallets?

Pregnancy is inherently unequal to men. Women have all the right to terminate, and men have no choice whether they want the child or not, to pay for it.

Why don't you want to eliminate this inequity?

And that example you mention of a man getting shafted with a bill for a kid who isn't his, sounds sick, that is what I want to end.

I am a man, I can't abort. But I would support the right of the woman I impregnated to do so.

I am a man, I can't abort. But I would support the right of the woman I impregnated to do so.

So you are okay with sexual orientation bias abortions. That's pretty sick.

That is no different than gender bias abortions. Something we pro-lifers absolutely abhor.

The answer for a liberal is a simple "yes" - meaning: Washington cannot turn the womb of a free individual into a moral incubator for State Imposed Religion.

[The Right is going to hate this answer, but I say get big government out of our bodies and let free individuals stand before God]

This 3rd-grade-level thought experiment is much more relevant to Conservatives, who would have a much bigger moral conflict when faced with what I assume would be a very real temptation to murder the gay fetus.

Last edited:

That is no different than gender bias abortions. Something we pro-lifers absolutely abhor.

That's your opinion, which doesn't change mine.

Gender bias abortions are stupid, especially in relation to women, they lead to a surplus of males in the population without a female partner, leading to social instability.

Pregnancy is inherently unequal to men. Women have all the right to terminate, and men have no choice whether they want the child or not, to pay for it.

And that example you mention of a man getting shafted with a bill for a kid who isn't his, sounds sick, that is what I want to end.
You have that backwards. Pregnancy is unequal to women. I've seen what my wife went through and all I can say is ... I'm thrilled it's the woman who gets pregnant and not the man. :eusa_angel:

Perhaps what you mean to say is that abortion is unequal to men?

You have that backwards. Pregnancy is unequal to women. I've seen what my wife went through and all I can say is ... I'm thrilled it's the woman who gets pregnant and not the man. :eusa_angel:

Perhaps what you mean to say is that abortion is unequal to men?

The whole system in general, child support laws, divorce laws, shaft men.

That's your opinion, which doesn't change mine.

Gender bias abortions are stupid, especially in relation to women, they lead to a surplus of males in the population without a female partner, leading to social instability.
The very issues they are having in China now.

Forum List

Back