Abbas calls Israel a colonial project unrelated to Judaism

...For starters, the UN cannot create or dissolve states. How the UN deals with "states" is in the political not legal realm.
The UN did not create Israel... the Jews did... the UN merely recognized Israel... they recognized the fait accompli rather than droning-on about it for another 70 years.

The UN created Israel by partitioning Palestine and giving more than half to Europeans, most of whom, were still in Europe and less than 50% to the native inhabitants.

Rewriting history, Abbas calls Israel a ‘colonial project’ unrelated to Judaism This is who the Israelis are supposed to make ' peace" with? Now, THAT is funny!
'

The problems in Israel aren't going to go away quickly. It's the same anywhere where conflict among those who live together happens.

The problem is the right wing in Israel and the right wing in Palestine don't want there to be peace. It doesn't go towards their goals. So they cause more and more problems in order to try and win, and the more hurt they cause each other, the less likely peace will happen.

Rewriting history, Abbas calls Israel a ‘colonial project’ unrelated to Judaism This is who the Israelis are supposed to make ' peace" with? Now, THAT is funny!
'

The problems in Israel aren't going to go away quickly. It's the same anywhere where conflict among those who live together happens.

The problem is the right wing in Israel and the right wing in Palestine don't want there to be peace. It doesn't go towards their goals. So they cause more and more problems in order to try and win, and the more hurt they cause each other, the less likely peace will happen.
The problem is "in Israel" ?

The Palestinians have a "left wing"? Who are they?

Who is in charge of the Palestinians to begin with?

Israel's independence was claimed by the foreign Jewish Agency that was created in Zurich by the foreign World Zionist Organization. Of the 37 people who signed Israel's declaration, only one was born in Palestine and he was the son of colonists. The government of Israel was created with the disapproval of the vast majority of the people.

Both Britain and the Zionists spoke openly about their colonial project.

Israel's independence was claimed by right of the Jewish people to return to their historical homeland and apply the right to self-determination there. You absolutely can not claim self-determination of a peoples as the basis for sovereignty and then turn around and reject the self-determination of a peoples as the basis of sovereignty. The Jewish people are a local (indigenous) power, not a foreign one.

Place of birth is not a requirement for self-determination and sovereignty. (Else there goes the whole Palestinian right of return!) Immigrants (and returnees) have as much right as part of a peoples and as citizens as others do.

And a majority is not required to enact the right to self-determination. That one should be obvious.

The problem is the right wing in Israel and the right wing in Palestine don't want there to be peace. It doesn't go towards their goals.

I would argue that both sides do want "peace".

The Arab Palestinians want peace in the form of a one state Arab Palestine with Jews and others returned to dhimmi status as is found in the rest of the Arab world.

The Israelis want peace in the form of a state which is secure and strong enough to withstand any potential threat against both her and against the Jewish people worldwide.

The Arab Palestinians can't get what they want because they do not have enough Arab or Muslim support for their goal, because Israel is too strong, because Israel has US backing and because, ultimately (one hopes), the international community will absolutely not permit Israel to be deconstructed and destroyed.

Israel can't get what she wants quite yet. Because Joooooooos and extremists don't mix well. And the Arab Muslim split along those lines hasn't yet occurred. But Israel can hold on long enough for the Arab Reformation to happen, I think.

Neither "occupies" the other because it has not yet been determined, by treaty, who "owns" what territory.
Yes it has. Israel occupies Palestine.
Still playing that tune like a broken record?
Great refutation. :clap2::clap2::clap2:
Refute what? Spouting outlandish claims like "Israel is occupying Palestine" needs to be refuted as much as "the moon is made of Swiss cheese" would be.

For hajj indeed it is!

I am not sure that they pray, as Jews do, with a yearning to return to Mecca. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Pilgrimage to Mecca is one of the PILLARS of Islam. Therefore mandatory for every good Muslim.

Your ignorance has been corrected.

Oh wow...

Your comprehension of the English language is great eh roodboy...

There is a HUGE difference between a pilgrimage, hajj, as I mentioned in my earlier comment that you clearly were incapable of reading and understanding, and a yearning to return.

Before you try to be clever, which you clearly are not, try reading AND understanding what has been posted fool.

Your ignorance is noted!

It is a mitzvah (one of the 613 commandments) for a Jew to actually live in Israel, and not only to make a pilgrimage there. Once a Jew lives there, he should make a pilgrimage 3x a year to Jerusalem--om Passover, Tabernacles and Pentecost.

Yes I know.... Seems that other's DON'T know!

So, why don't they? I mean, live in Israel?

I'm all for it!

Tell you what Abdul, lets get some equal treatment here. Treat others as you expect them to treat you, eh?

Until Muslims allow non Muslims to visit their holy land, then Muslims should not be allowed to enter all Christian, Hindu, Bhuddist, Zoorastrian and Jewish holy sites.

Hey Hymie... Nice deflection!

There was me supporting the mitzvah for all Jews to live in Israel and you go completely off topic! :clap:

For hajj indeed it is!

I am not sure that they pray, as Jews do, with a yearning to return to Mecca. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Pilgrimage to Mecca is one of the PILLARS of Islam. Therefore mandatory for every good Muslim.

Oh wow...

There is a HUGE difference between a pilgrimage, hajj, as I mentioned in my earlier comment that you clearly were incapable of reading and understanding, and a yearning to return.

Before you try to be clever, which you clearly are not, try reading AND understanding what has been posted fool.

Your ignorance is noted!

It is a mitzvah (one of the 613 commandments) for a Jew to actually live in Israel, and not only to make a pilgrimage there. Once a Jew lives there, he should make a pilgrimage 3x a year to Jerusalem--om Passover, Tabernacles and Pentecost.

I'm all for it!

Why don't all Jews live in Israel? See Post #16 in this thread.

Naughty Jews, not following Mitzvah!

I guess Post #16 in this thread goes some way to explaining that Jews are not in 'danger' in the rest of the world and the need to a safe(?) homeland is actually not that necessary.

Oh wow...

Your ignorance is noted!

I'm all for it!

Why don't all Jews live in Israel? See Post #16 in this thread.

Naughty Jews, not following Mitzvah!

I guess Post #16 in this thread goes some way to explaining that Jews are not in 'danger' in the rest of the world and the need to a safe(?) homeland is actually not that necessary.

That is either woefully naive or purposefully false.

Antisemitism on rise across Europe 'in worst times since the Nazis'

I specifically used a three year old article to trace a bit of recent history. It’s not just coincidence that the waves of Islamists invading Europe for welfare benefits brought with them “cultural ills” which include rabid Jew hatreds.

The situation is even worse now, more than three years later. Do you need more?

Last edited:

Oh wow...

Your ignorance is noted!

I'm all for it!

Tell you what Abdul, lets get some equal treatment here. Treat others as you expect them to treat you, eh?

Until Muslims allow non Muslims to visit their holy land, then Muslims should not be allowed to enter all Christian, Hindu, Bhuddist, Zoorastrian and Jewish holy sites.

Hey Hymie... Nice deflection!

There was me supporting the mitzvah for all Jews to live in Israel and you go completely off topic! :clap:
You mean like the Hezbollah leader who wishes all evil Joooos to go to Israel so they can kill them all at once?

...I guess Post #16 in this thread goes some way to explaining that Jews are not in 'danger' in the rest of the world...
The Jews of the world are only safe insofar as they are willing to stand and fight for their recovered spiritual homeland, built upon the old Ottoman province of Palestine.

...homeland is actually not that necessary.
The Jews determine what is necessary and appropriate for themselves, not you, Achmed.

Palestinians: When did the occupation start?

You just love people who are ignorant about Muslim history and their conquest of huge parts of Asia, all of North Africa and some of Europe.
It is ok when the Muslim conquer and keep land, it is not ok when the indigenous people reconquer some of their ancient homeland.

The Arabs have not lost their ancient homeland. They just want everybody else's homeland to be in Arab or Muslim hands.

As some of them say....."I don't know".

:)

RE: Abbas calls Israel a colonial project unrelated to Judaism
※→ ILOVEISRAEL, et al,

There are a couple of angles in the linked article that simply don't line-up correctly. I agree with our frined "ILOVEISRAEL" in looking at this with a jaundice eye.

Times of Israel said:
[link]
In speech ignoring Jewish ties to holy land, PA head implies European Jews chose to die in Holocaust rather than go to Palestine; claims Ben-Gurion forced Mideast Jews to Israel

• Rewriting history, Abbas calls Israel a ‘colonial project’ unrelated to Judaism This is who the Israelis are supposed to make ' peace" with? Now, THAT is funny!
'
(COMMENT)

First, there is a difference in the implications of the two words: "colonial project" and colonization. Jewish immigration, ⇒ no matter what the Arab Palestinian impression, was not then and is not now, a Jewish Puppet Colony of the British Empire. It was not then ⇔ and is not now ⇔ an overt deceptive means to extend the hegemony.

Secondly, Neither the Americas or the British Empire would facilitate the escape of Jewish Refugees attempting to escape the holocaust. Almost universally, did the nations of the world turn their backs on the plight of the European Jews.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The MS St. Louis was a German ocean liner. In 1939, it set off on a voyage in which its captain, Gustav Schröder, tried to find homes for over 900 Jewish refugees from Germany. After they were denied entry to Cuba, the United States, and Canada, the refugees were finally accepted in various European countries, including Belgium, the Netherlands, the UK, and France. Historians have estimated that approximately a quarter of them died in death camps during World War II.​

• The Holocaust started from January 30, 1933 ending May 8, 1945 on the cessation of hostilities (World War 2).

1935-36
Action
• Passports for Jews to travel abroad restricted​

Action
• Special identity cards issued to Jews
• Kristallnacht (9 November) - a night of terrible violence in Germany. German and Austrian Jews are murdered, synagogues burnt and desecrated and shop windows destroyed. Thousands of Jews are arrested
• Jews' passports stamped with a red letter 'J'. Some have passports removed to prevent them leaving the country.​

Action
• A central office for Jewish emigration set up
• Jews evicted from their homes without reason and notice
• Jews' radios confiscated
• The statement of policy (British 1939 White Paper)(para 107, UK History of Administration) next dealt with the subject of Jewish immigration:-

• "It was accordingly provided that, after the admission of not more than 75,000 additional immigrants during the five years beginning in April, 1939, “no further Jewish immigration will be permitted unless the Arabs of Palestine are prepared to acquiesce in it.”

• By Mike Lanchin BBC World Service
    On 13 May 1939, more than 900 Jews fled Germany aboard a luxury cruise liner, the SS St Louis. They hoped to reach Cuba and then travel to the US - but were turned away in Havana and forced to return to Europe, where more than 250 were killed by the Nazis.
Action
• Jews' telephones confiscated
• Jews no longer receive ration cards for clothes​

Action
• Jews forbidden to leave the country

Action
• Continuous deportations​

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back