AA mechanic allegedly sabotaged flight

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
As an aviator for 46 years, I've always had nothing but respect and admiration for aircraft mechanics. My life and the lives of my passengers were in their hands. I was stunned to see this headline yesterday. His "cause" wasn't helped by his actions.

American Airlines sabotage: Mechanic charged with disabling system

Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani, a mechanic at American's Miami hub, was charged with "willfully damaging, destroying, disabling, or wrecking an aircraft'' in a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida in Miami.

Why the fuck would you let a Muslim be an aircraft mechanic? :cuckoo:

This man should be publicly hanged.

Fuck! Here they have a Muslim in charge of the water supply. Derp!

Naw, that couldn't go horribly wrong, now could it?

Derp!

Not here, but not far away, either. I'm in charge of my own water supply. :04:

• Banned
There's a nasty contract negotiation going on between AA and their mechanics. A work slowdown and/or refusing overtime is one thing but disabling a sound aircraft is in a more sinister league.

They should now have three mechanics working together on these aircraft. And have security video surveillance watching them. To see if they are working together. Making sure that the mechanics are supervising and assisting each other work. That will prevent anymore mistakes. Because one of the mechanics will quickly report on the other mechanic so-called mistakes before the plane leaves the ground. It's because one of them will not want to lose their freedom.

Last edited:
As an aviator for 46 years, I've always had nothing but respect and admiration for aircraft mechanics. My life and the lives of my passengers were in their hands. I was stunned to see this headline yesterday. His "cause" wasn't helped by his actions.

Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani, a mechanic at American's Miami hub, was charged with "willfully damaging, destroying, disabling, or wrecking an aircraft'' in a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida in Miami.

------------------------------------ possibly an imported third worlder . Hey I know , lets import More third worlders eh.

The only thing that comes from mixing muslims and planes.

QFCG2S.gif

They should now have three mechanics working together on these aircraft. And have security video surveillance watching them. To see if they are working together. Making sure that the mechanics are supervising and assisting each other work. That will prevent anymore mistakes. Because one of the mechanics will quickly report on the other mechanic so-called mistakes before the plane leaves the ground. It because one of them will not want to lose their freedom.
----------------------------- Marion makes sense plus glad I don't fly as added cost of surveillance will add to ticket prices I suppose . Course I also agree with Marion that wonders why a muslim is working as an aircraft mechanic .

They should now have three mechanics working together on these aircraft. And have security video surveillance watching them. To see if they are working together. Making sure that the mechanics are supervising and assisting each other work. That will prevent anymore mistakes. Because one of the mechanics will quickly report on the other mechanic so-called mistakes before the plane leaves the ground. It because one of them will not want to lose their freedom.
----------------------------- Marion makes sense plus glad I don't fly as added cost of surveillance will add to ticket prices I suppose . Course I also agree with Marion that wonders why a muslim is working as an aircraft mechanic .
Why? Because it's racist to not give him a chance to crash a plane.

Hey, get off his back, he is a Union Man.

Muslims, like leftwing queers, should never be put in a position of power that effects the lives of innocent people.

Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani has been working as a mechanic for American Airlines since 1988 but he can't speak English well enough to cope without an Arabic interpreter at his hearing. No assimilation problems here.

He was also fired from another airline several years ago and briefly had his mechanic's license suspended, the documents show.

Alani, who was born in Iraq and became a U.S. citizen in 1992, sued Alaska Airlines for discrimination based on national origin. A judge dismissed the lawsuit for lack of evidence.

In Miami on Friday, Alani wore shackles and tan jail clothes as he spoke to Magistrate Judge John O'Sullivan through an Arabic interpreter.

According to American, Alani is proficient in English.

American Airlines mechanic accused of sabotaging plane over labor dispute

Evidently not proficient enough.

Forum List

Back