A Swedish guy who wants to move to USA

I think your best bet would be getting a student visa.
If you are only 22 you could try to apply for a collage degree here on a student visa.
It makes it easier to go through to becoming a citizen.
It would also give you a chance to look the country over before you decided.

Allright :) Glad to hear that.
Btw how is it for programmers? easy to get jobs?

I would think programmers would have it even better.

By the way, you would have to basically secure a job first and the company applies for the green card/ visa. Rackspace.com I believe will do that, they have several data centers worldwide, including Chicago and San Antonio. If I were you I would go to their website and try to get in contact with their HR, they should be able to tell you if its possible to get them to sponsor you if they ended up hiring you.

Good idea.

Then he can come back and tell us they couldn't sponsor him.

You are adorable :) Are you always like this when you try to pick up guys?

Allright :) Glad to hear that.
Btw how is it for programmers? easy to get jobs?

By the way, you would have to basically secure a job first and the company applies for the green card/ visa. Rackspace.com I believe will do that, they have several data centers worldwide, including Chicago and San Antonio. If I were you I would go to their website and try to get in contact with their HR, they should be able to tell you if its possible to get them to sponsor you if they ended up hiring you.

Good idea.

I know for a fact that rackspace has sponsored visas for workers.

I think your best bet would be getting a student visa.
If you are only 22 you could try to apply for a collage degree here on a student visa.
It makes it easier to go through to becoming a citizen.
It would also give you a chance to look the country over before you decided.

Actually that was smart. But I think I have already decided.
Dont feel like going to school again, already done that :)

Good idea.

Yea, not usually for unqualified, dime a dozen people though. Be honest. His chance of getting in that way is almost non existent. And you should not want him to enter.... Americans need the jobs in the US.

Hi All!

Im new to this forum so I hope I added the thread in the right section.

Now, Im a swedish guy who want to become a american citizen.
I have been amazed byt the states all of my life.
The people, the way och living.. well everything.

So, I have been trying to reach some information about how to become a citizen but I couldn´t really find anything about it.

I tried search google etc but without luck.

So do you guys have any suggestions about how to do this?

Couple of questions:
* Is it easy to get a job?
* Is it easy to get a place to stay?
* What to people think about Nordic people?

Cheers!
Best regards
odd

We are a country of immigrants, we always have been.

Try getting a job BEFORE you come, You could teach a language or be a travel consultant for people traveling to Sweden, Start with making a resume and then send it to companies who do Business in your country.

Americans are niceer than these fools on this internet site and will be nice to you for the most party.

You seem to have a good command of the english language and will fit right in.

There are many brave immigrants to this country who have Fought for us in wars to obtain their citizenship.

Many posters on this site are not as good Americans as those inmmigrants.

The right wing doesnt like people of color much, if your blonde they will love you thoiugh.

Keep spewing lies, TruffMocker.

It makes the rest of us laugh.

I thought I heard something.

Naaaa its just nothing

Hi All!

So, I have been trying to reach some information about how to become a citizen but I couldn´t really find anything about it.

Couple of questions:

Cheers!
Best regards
odd

Try getting a job BEFORE you come, You could teach a language or be a travel consultant for people traveling to Sweden, Start with making a resume and then send it to companies who do Business in your country.

Americans are niceer than these fools on this internet site and will be nice to you for the most party.

There are many brave immigrants to this country who have Fought for us in wars to obtain their citizenship.

The right wing doesnt like people of color much, if your blonde they will love you thoiugh.

idiot.... try getting immigrations status before you come

The right wing doesnt like people of color much, if your blonde they will love you thoiugh

Finally a great response! :)
Thanks man! I will look into that :)

Well ok :p Blond, blue eyed 185 cm tall guess that equals 6 feet tall.

Be careful of her....

Hi All!

Couple of questions:

Cheers!
Best regards
odd

idiot.... try getting immigrations status before you come

quit derailing the thread by attacking me

Good, you're doing great where you are. Stay there. Our country needs jobs for Americans right now. We really don't need anyone taking a job that an American can do.

And... your taxes pay for your 'free' stuff. It is not fucking 'free'. Nothing is 'free'.

I know what I'm talking about, I've been to Sweden... and a bunch of EU countries. I don't blame you for wanting to move to the US, but, right now - we have enough shit... we don't need more people. Give it 5 years, let our country recover, let us put Americans back to work... then, come. And we will welcome you

Someone just told me u didnt even live in the US so dont even bother answering this thread. Besides I know I can contribute a lot more then most of the immigrants.
So, respecfully, I dont give a crap about you statments.

Ignore her she is a horrible person
:cuckoo:

Says the most horrible hatefully liar on the board. .....

Good idea.

Yea, not usually for unqualified, dime a dozen people though. Be honest. His chance of getting in that way is almost non existent. And you should not want him to enter.... Americans need the jobs in the US.

Any American will the skills should have that kind of job already. 5 years experience is hardly what I would call unqualified. And if they are a dime a dozen, why are companies having such a hard time filling those positions? He can very easily take a certification exam to be what you call "qualified", if one knows the material it only takes a couple of weeks or even days to study for the exams.

I agree that immigration needs to be curbed greatly, but the ones we should be taking in are educated, smart ones from Europe, not the droves of Mexicans we allow legally simply because they have relatives here already.

swedish_girl.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sweden.

:thup:

Hi All!

Couple of questions:

Cheers!
Best regards
odd

There are four ways to get here legally

1. Get a job in America.
2. Get married to an American.
3. Be really, really good at what you do. Be a superstar athlete or musician.
4. Be a refugee.

Immigration to America is a byzantine bureaucratic maze.

Some are and some are not religious.

Like every country religion is losing its hold on people and facts are starting to win the day.

Ok, I´m an athiest/agnostic. Dont really believe in any religion.. since they are more or less the same crap..

Would people in the US be offended If i would say im an athiest?

As long as you register as an athiest on your Religion Registration form, you should be okay.

And you must keep your Religion Registration card on you at all times. If you are caught out in public without your card, you will be executed on the spot.

^^^^^^^^
Happened to a friend of mine. But hey, rules are rules!

Forum List

Back