A Swedish guy who wants to move to USA

Hi All!

Im new to this forum so I hope I added the thread in the right section.

Now, Im a swedish guy who want to become a american citizen.
I have been amazed byt the states all of my life.
The people, the way och living.. well everything.

So, I have been trying to reach some information about how to become a citizen but I couldn´t really find anything about it.

I tried search google etc but without luck.

So do you guys have any suggestions about how to do this?

Couple of questions:
* Is it easy to get a job?
* Is it easy to get a place to stay?
* What to people think about Nordic people?

Cheers!
Best regards
odd

Depends, what is your profession? How much experience do you have?

As for warm states, Arizona and Texas are both. I've lived in both for many years.

Texas has the added benefit of no state income tax, but there are higher property taxes here. Arizona, at least in the Phoenix area, is just a better place to live though.

Works as an network administrator/network analyst/network engineer.
Well im only 22 but have been doin this since I was around 17 something..

Ok thanks for a serious answer! Much appreciated :)

OK wow, thats exactly what my profession is.

Work here for network admins is very good. I would highly suggest getting certain certifications. Most look for Cisco such as CCNA, CCNP ect. if you don't have those already. A lot of tech places are hurting bad for net admins because most people just aren't tech savy in that area. San Antonio actually happens to have a good tech industry :happy-1:

More resaon to love Cali we have our own breadbasket

Fuck you takin about breadbasket? all the strawbarries and other fruits in Cali are being worked by illegals.:cuckoo:

Nope those jobs are done by guest workers with documentation.

They are the few that get in legally to pick crops.

Why would they come in illegally when they can get in legally?

You are a bold face liar, I lived in California for 3 years and I have seen this with my very eyes, these "guest workers" you speak of are illegal aliens from Mexico who come to California to work on the strawberry fields as seasonal work, they send everything they get back to Mexico, they don't have any legal documentation to be in this country and you know it.:cuckoo:

Hi All!

Im new to this forum so I hope I added the thread in the right section.

Now, Im a swedish guy who want to become a american citizen.
I have been amazed byt the states all of my life.
The people, the way och living.. well everything.

So, I have been trying to reach some information about how to become a citizen but I couldn´t really find anything about it.

I tried search google etc but without luck.

So do you guys have any suggestions about how to do this?

Couple of questions:
* Is it easy to get a job?
* Is it easy to get a place to stay?
* What to people think about Nordic people?

Cheers!
Best regards
odd

As for warm states, Arizona and Texas are both. I've lived in both for many years.

Texas has the added benefit of no state income tax, but there are higher property taxes here. Arizona, at least in the Phoenix area, is just a better place to live though.

None of those professions qualify for getting a green card through a company.

Work here for network admins is very good. I would highly suggest getting certain certifications. Most look for Cisco such as CCNA, CCNP ect. if you don't have those already. A lot of tech places are hurting bad for net admins because most people just aren't tech savy in that area. San Antonio actually happens to have a good tech industry :happy-1:

None of them qualify for Company Sponsored Green Cards.

Fuck you takin about breadbasket? all the strawbarries and other fruits in Cali are being worked by illegals.:cuckoo:

You are a bold face liar, I lived in California for 3 years and I have seen this with my very eyes, these "guest workers" you speak of are illegal aliens from Mexico who come to California to work on the strawberry fields as seasonal work, they send everything they get back to Mexico, they don't have any legal documentation to be in this country and you know it.:cuckoo:

Say what now? TruthMocker lied? My flabber is completely gasted!

Really? :D awesome!

Sweet! :D

Acctually I dont have ANY certifikation yet. Havent really been needing them but ofc its good too have that on paper to show.
I mean I know my way around but I have learned it myself :)

I have looked at getting the MCM but It was like.. good bye social life!

Great thanks for that answer that will help me a lot! :D

Say what now? TruthMocker lied? My flabber is completely gasted!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoymN5uzMX0&feature=related]Astonished Zoidberg - YouTube[/ame]

Acctually I dont have ANY certifikation yet. Havent really been needing them but ofc its good too have that on paper to show.

:lol: You're so not gonna get in to the US. :lol:

Wow are you still here! :D

The certs are usually just basics that look good on a resume. You don't necessarily have to have Cisco but they are the big player, at least for IP routing. I personally have Brocade and Juniper certs because my job has me touching that stuff sometimes. I still spend most of my time though studying CCIE material.

The certs are usually just basics that look good on a resume. You don't necessarily have to have Cisco but they are the big player, at least for IP routing. I personally have Brocade and Juniper certs because my job has me touching that stuff sometimes. I still spend most of my time though studying CCIE material.

Allright :) Glad to hear that.
Btw how is it for programmers? easy to get jobs?

Not without a green card.

Wow are you still here! :D

Pissed because I don't pander to your needs?

You have no green card, you cannot work in the US.

U managed to figured that out all by yourself? Good Girl! :)

U managed to figured that out all by yourself? Good Girl! :)

No, you told me. I'm just dealing with facts.

Fact: You cannot work in the US without a green card.

Fact: You do not have a green card.

Fact: You do not qualify under the Employer Sponsored Green Card.

Fact: Your profession (for which you apparently hold no formal qualifications) does not qualify for priority entrance.

Fact: You hold no formal qualifications - which might not matter for a US citizen getting a job in the US, depending on their experience.... but it will matter for a foreign national.

Fact: The US is not handing out green cards as freely as they used to.

Lots of facts, none in your favor. And yet you claim you 'know how to' get in. So, let's hear it. How?

I would think programmers would have it even better.

By the way, you would have to basically secure a job first and the company applies for the green card/ visa. Rackspace.com I believe will do that, they have several data centers worldwide, including Chicago and San Antonio. If I were you I would go to their website and try to get in contact with their HR, they should be able to tell you if its possible to get them to sponsor you if they ended up hiring you.

By the way, you would have to basically secure a job first and the company applies for the green card/ visa. Rackspace.com I believe will do that, they have several data centers worldwide, including Chicago and San Antonio. If I were you I would go to their website and try to get in contact with their HR, they should be able to tell you if its possible to get them to sponsor you if they ended up hiring you.

Good idea.

Then he can come back and tell us they couldn't sponsor him.

Great! Doing a lot of coding on my spare time basiclly just c++.
Thanks man!
That was all I needed to know :)

Forum List

Back