A song that should be sung before all sporting events. Let's start a movement. Very powerful imo

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
A few years ago they had the 50th anniversary of this song being re-released. It was on the heels of the assassination of MLK and (RFK). It was based on the I Have A Dream speech by MLK. Elvis had taken a hiatus from singing for a while and basically this was a song that he felt compelled to sing in honor of MLK in 1968. Take the time to listen to it and hear it in the context of the speech by MLK.

There are people over the years that falsely called Elvis a racist. Well, that was completely and utterly false. Elvis famously grew up very very poor. He didnt get his first pair of shoes until he was 9 years old.

In the song In The Ghetto you can see the passion in the voice. His backup singers were The Sweet Inspirations, one of them was a woman named Cissy Houston, Whitney's mother. You can see her in this song in this video.

Another powerful song and here is one of those Sweet Inspirations talking about Elvis and how he treated all of them. Wasn't racist at all.

Estelle Brown sang over 1000 shows with Elvis.

Muhammad Ali spoke at Elvis's funeral and emphatically said he was a great person and great friend. Along with Sammy Davis, James Brown, and Chuck Berry.

Anyway, my friend sent me that first song If I Can Dream and it was basically lost and forgotten to history and is now starting to gain traction.

I see our resident emperor of Identity Politics giggles at the thought like the perpetual patronizing racist he is.

Sing anything (WAP for example) or nothing, but stop with the national anthem used for public displays in promotion of private, for-profit enterprises.

A few years ago they had the 50th anniversary of this song being re-released. It was on the heels of the assassination of MLK and (RFK). It was based on the I Have A Dream speech by MLK. Elvis had taken a hiatus from singing for a while and basically this was a song that he felt compelled to sing in honor of MLK in 1968. Take the time to listen to it and hear it in the context of the speech by MLK.

There are people over the years that falsely called Elvis a racist. Well, that was completely and utterly false. Elvis famously grew up very very poor. He didnt get his first pair of shoes until he was 9 years old.

In the song In The Ghetto you can see the passion in the voice. His backup singers were The Sweet Inspirations, one of them was a woman named Cissy Houston, Whitney's mother. You can see her in this song in this video.

Another powerful song and here is one of those Sweet Inspirations talking about Elvis and how he treated all of them. Wasn't racist at all.

Estelle Brown sang over 1000 shows with Elvis.

Muhammad Ali spoke at Elvis's funeral and emphatically said he was a great person and great friend. Along with Sammy Davis, James Brown, and Chuck Berry.

Anyway, my friend sent me that first song If I Can Dream and it was basically lost and forgotten to history and is now starting to gain traction.

Nice post, thank you.

I see our resident emperor of Identity Politics giggles at the thought like the perpetual patronizing racist he is.
Yep, THAT one is a MORON.
Not to mention the biggest racist on the board. His mocking laughter proves it.

Get ready for his saved posts as the liar suggests he has never ever never ever ever ever thought of the N word let alone ever saying it.

Cause he is so good and stuff.

At sporting events? seriously? The song in the OP doesn't seem very appropriate for sporting events.

This song should be played at every sporting event.

And this song too.

Forum List

Back