Zone1 A Simple Experiment That Can Demonstrate WHY You Don't See Racism While Others Do

Son, you don't see any racism practiced by me. You know what racism is, so get your nose out of these racists behinds and stop repeating their stupidity.
You constantly practice classic racism. You see everything thru a prism of race. I’ve met a lot of people in my lifetime and you are easily the most racist person I have ever met.

In the movie Hidden Figures, when the government got their new main frame computer, in order to program it, knowledge of FORTRAN was needed.

Because the women were already computer literate (they were actually referred to as "computers - (comput ers) Dorothy figured out that in order to ensure that they would continue to have jobs that they all (the three women that the story is about) should teach themselves FORTRAN but the only place that she knew of where she could find a FORTRAN book was at the "white" library where Black people were not allowed. Dorothy and her sons snuck into the white library anyway, where she found the book and slipped it into her bag. By this time, the librarian and probably some of the patrons had begun yelling at them, asking them what they were doing "here - you know you're not supposed to be here". They called the police on them and since they were making haste all the cop did was chastise and threaten them as they were existing the library.

Once on the bus during the ride back home, one of her sons noticed that she still had the FORTRAN book and said, "Mama, you STOLE that book!" to which Dorothy hushed him saying, this is MY taxes paid for this book.

So the money they collect via taxes pays for separate but [rarely] equal libraries, apparently figuring that Black people would have little use for a FORTRON programming book.

Not only was Dorothy able to teach herself FORTRAN, she also taught her friends. And if you will recall at the end of the movie, the woman who was assigning jobs to the girls brought in a group of white women and introduced them to Dorothy who included them in her training sessions. They were warmly welcomed no matter what initial apprehensions they may have had.

Those particular scenes really struck a chord with me although I was cataloguing all of the things that were happening on the job site that are currently unlawful. The movie took place just a few years before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed.

Oh and I don't know what you mean by you pay your own taxes.
I replied to a post insinuating he paid our (whites) taxes. And I don’t deny black people were denied equality, bringing up things and expecting reparations for thing people today weren’t a part of is the issue. I’m glad Dorothy did what she did.

In the movie Hidden Figures, when the government got their new main frame computer, in order to program it, knowledge of FORTRAN was needed.

Because the women were already computer literate (they were actually referred to as "computers - (comput ers) Dorothy figured out that in order to ensure that they would continue to have jobs that they all (the three women that the story is about) should teach themselves FORTRAN but the only place that she knew of where she could find a FORTRAN book was at the "white" library where Black people were not allowed. Dorothy and her sons snuck into the white library anyway, where she found the book and slipped it into her bag. By this time, the librarian and probably some of the patrons had begun yelling at them, asking them what they were doing "here - you know you're not supposed to be here". They called the police on them and since they were making haste all the cop did was chastise and threaten them as they were existing the library.

Once on the bus during the ride back home, one of her sons noticed that she still had the FORTRAN book and said, "Mama, you STOLE that book!" to which Dorothy hushed him saying, this is MY taxes paid for this book.

So the money they collect via taxes pays for separate but [rarely] equal libraries, apparently figuring that Black people would have little use for a FORTRON programming book.

Not only was Dorothy able to teach herself FORTRAN, she also taught her friends. And if you will recall at the end of the movie, the woman who was assigning jobs to the girls brought in a group of white women and introduced them to Dorothy who included them in her training sessions. They were warmly welcomed no matter what initial apprehensions they may have had.

Those particular scenes really struck a chord with me although I was cataloguing all of the things that were happening on the job site that are currently unlawful. The movie took place just a few years before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed.

Oh and I don't know what you mean by you pay your own taxes.
That was a very lengthy and yet still dull recap of a portion of the movie.

One lesson that can be derived from it is that “separate but equal” was wrong. Legally and morally.

Good thing the notion of “settled law” didn’t prevent it from being overruled by a subsequent (and correct) SCOTUS ruling.

In the 1820’s or 1920’s there were unquestionably white racists to went out of thrir way to hold black people down

But in 2020 those people are extremely rare

If you encounter animosity I suggest its due to your lousy personality and that giant chip on your shoulder rather than your skin color
My lousy personality? And that giant chip on my shoulder? :)

Still haven't figured it out huh?

I replied to a post insinuating he paid our (whites) taxes. And I don’t deny black people were denied equality, bringing up things and expecting reparations for thing people today weren’t a part of is the issue. I’m glad Dorothy did what she did.
I don't understand what the problem is then. White people paid taxes, Black people paid taxes too. White people got goods & services for their share of taxes paid while Black people were denied equal goods & services. Substandard goods & services for the same price that whites paid for the quality goods & services is inequitable.

I'm glad Dorothy did what she did as well, but if you will recall, she had been doing the work as a manager for years, without the subsequent title and pay. This is one of the ways that white racists were able to keep Black people in the lower echelons of the workforce, many never actually believing that Black people had the capabilities to do anything other than menial work, primarily in the service sector.

This mindset persists even today.

And IM2 has posted on the fact that when social security was initially rolled out, that it intentionally excluded the agriculture and services industries, which were the industries where Black people were able to obtain work. Is social security considered welfare? I don't know but it is an example of a government program created for the benefits of whites and at the exclusion of Black people in America even though they weren't obviously excluded by race, but excluding the industries in which they worked had the same impact. This is the kind of sneaky stuff that has been going on ever since Black people arrived of the shores of this nation.

Is this something that you feel is incorrect?

I don't understand what the problem is then. White people paid taxes, Black people paid taxes too. White people got goods & services for their share of taxes paid while Black people were denied equal goods & services. Substandard goods & services for the same price that whites paid for the quality goods & services is inequitable.

I'm glad Dorothy did what she did as well, but if you will recall, she had been doing the work as a manager for years, without the subsequent title and pay. This is one of the ways that white racists were able to keep Black people in the lower echelons of the workforce, many never actually believing that Black people had the capabilities to do anything other than menial work, primarily in the service sector.

And IM2 has posted on the fact that when social security was initially rolled out, that it intentionally excluded the agriculture and services industries, which were the industries where Black people were able to obtain work. Is social security considered welfare? I don't know but it is an example of a government program created for the benefits of whites and at the exclusion of Black people in America even though they weren't obviously excluded by race, but excluding the industries in which they worked had the same impact. This is the kind of sneaky stuff that has been going on ever since Black people arrived of the shores of this nation.

What about them black people in the agriculture sector that were given (they earned it) 40-80 acres as a retirement?

That's a lot better than any retirements these days, I'll tell you that.

Pretty sure that was a thing back in the day.

Last edited:
What about them black people in the agriculture sector that were given (they earned it) 40-80 acres as a retirement?

That's a lot better than any retirements these days, I'll tell you that.

Pretty sure that was a thing back in the day.
There were plenty of whites in agriculture and service sector also

Yehbut, I don't know of any of those getting 40-80 acres as a retirement at the end of their career.

:terror: I'm sure it happened sometimes.

Yehbut, I don't know of any of those getting 40-80 acres as a retirement at the end of their career.

:terror: I'm sure it happened sometimes.
I was only commenting on the crazy lib idea that only blacks missed out on the social security payday and only because they were black

More whites than blacks unless you calculate per capita for the service industry. Even per capita there were more whites in agricultural work since back them most farms were family-run and staffed by family members.

He brings up things that we are not doing today. Individuals may deny people equality, it’s not systemic. He feels every black person alive is treated horribly. He does not believe any white people today experienced anything as bad as all blacks have endured. This is a total lie. Nobody knows what other people have experienced in their lifetime. I was raised very poor and endured a lot of humiliation and prejudice, I don’t blame the entire country for it. There actually was systemic horrible treatment toward poor people. Kids don’t forget.

Someone on this post said that if you’re looking for racism that is what you going to find and he is right. The reason for this is because of the way the brain is programmed. Our brains are not as much interested in perceiving the world accurately as in survival; if you perceive a danger and you flee and survive as far as the brain is concerned that’s the only thing that matters. You can check this out if you will; go on the Internet and find a trapezoid optical illusion. The trapezoid is mounted atop a rotating shaft, as you watch it move from the front, you’ll see it swing back and forth, but if you look at it from the top you will see it rotate in a circle. Perception is an iffy thing; it takes much effort to see the world as is. One has to be trained as an objective observer to overcome one’s bias.

Much of the trouble in this world in our country can be minimized by just respecting the rights of others.

Someone on this post said that if you’re looking for racism that is what you going to find and he is right. The reason for this is because of the way the brain is programmed. Our brains are not as much interested in perceiving the world accurately as in survival; if you perceive a danger and you flee and survive as far as the brain is concerned that’s the only thing that matters. You can check this out if you will; go on the Internet and find a trapezoid optical illusion. The trapezoid is mounted atop a rotating shaft, as you watch it move from the front, you’ll see it swing back and forth, but if you look at it from the top you will see it rotate in a circle. Perception is an iffy thing; it takes much effort to see the world as is. One has to be trained as an objective observer to overcome one’s bias.

Much of the trouble in this world in our country can be minimized by just respecting the rights of others.
That’s why Michelle Obama said it was racist when a shorter (white) person to help get her something off the top shelf at Target.

He brings up things that we are not doing today. Individuals may deny people equality, it’s not systemic. He feels every black person alive is treated horribly. He does not believe any white people today experienced anything as bad as all blacks have endured. This is a total lie. Nobody knows what other people have experienced in their lifetime. I was raised very poor and endured a lot of humiliation and prejudice, I don’t blame the entire country for it. There actually was systemic horrible treatment toward poor people. Kids don’t forget.
I understand and agree with you about the discrimination against poor people.

As far as you stating that IM2 brings up things that you are not doing today, while you may not be one of the people actively participating in racism, that doesn't mean that others are not still doing so. And I don't think you all actually understand what systemic racism is or it's full implications. If a train is running down the tracks at 60mph and a command is given to STOP it is going to take x number of fee from the time the brakes are applied until it can come to a full stop. Now think of those fee in terms of years since the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which essentially made racial discrimination and segregation in the United States unlawful.

Ot think about it this way. One day it was lawful to discriminate against Black people in America, everywhere we were and this had been the law of the land since before it's inception, more than 188 years and then BOOM, the next day you can't do that anymore. Just like a train traveling 60 mph down the track if is not possible for it to stop on a dime and cease all forward motion.

Do you think it's possible that
  1. Some people (allegedly) didn't get the memo
  2. Some people did get the memo but didn't understand what it meant - for reals
  3. Some people got the memo and didn't care that it was no longer lawful and continued discriminating as they always had
  4. Some people began working to counter these new laws in any and every way possible
  5. While a lot of people took it in stride and complied with the new laws
Why do you think it was such a big deal when Black Lives Matter started a wave of protests that encompassed the whole world after George Floyd was killed? Did you notice how many white people were marching in protest as well? Everywhere. Did it not every make you wonder why they were doing that? I mean one cannot tell who's a racist & who's not just by their appearance, but they can definitely can be detected by their words, however the white people who were marching and protesting were letting the world know that they themselves were not racists nor would they stand by nor support other white people who happen to also BE racists whether they try to hide it from the rest of the world or not.

I know IM2 can take up for himself but I think you might be misunderstanding his comments. It's true that a white people can have very bad experiences and things happen to them just like Black people do, but his point is that when those things happen to white people, it's just life, it's not because they're white. While Black people have to deal with "just life" and then on top of it, the added element of racism.

Systemic is when a structure exists and is in place that facilitates the carrying out of racism acts against Black people and other minority groups protected under the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I'm sure we can find an example

I understand and agree with you about the discrimination against poor people.

As far as you stating that IM2 brings up things that you are not doing today, while you may not be one of the people actively participating in racism, that doesn't mean that others are not still doing so. And I don't think you all actually understand what systemic racism is or it's full implications. If a train is running down the tracks at 60mph and a command is given to STOP it is going to take x number of fee from the time the brakes are applied until it can come to a full stop. Now think of those fee in terms of years since the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which essentially made racial discrimination and segregation in the United States unlawful.

Ot think about it this way. One day it was lawful to discriminate against Black people in America, everywhere we were and this had been the law of the land since before it's inception, more than 188 years and then BOOM, the next day you can't do that anymore. Just like a train traveling 60 mph down the track if is not possible for it to stop on a dime and cease all forward motion.

Do you think it's possible that
  1. Some people (allegedly) didn't get the memo
  2. Some people did get the memo but didn't understand what it meant - for reals
  3. Some people got the memo and didn't care that it was no longer lawful and continued discriminating as they always had
  4. Some people began working to counter these new laws in any and every way possible
  5. While a lot of people took it in stride and complied with the new laws
Why do you think it was such a big deal when Black Lives Matter started a wave of protests that encompassed the whole world after George Floyd was killed? Did you notice how many white people were marching in protest as well? Everywhere. Did it not every make you wonder why they were doing that? I mean one cannot tell who's a racist & who's not just by their appearance, but they can definitely can be detected by their words, however the white people who were marching and protesting were letting the world know that they themselves were not racists nor would they stand by nor support other white people who happen to also BE racists whether they try to hide it from the rest of the world or not.

I know IM2 can take up for himself but I think you might be misunderstanding his comments. It's true that a white people can have very bad experiences and things happen to them just like Black people do, but his point is that when those things happen to white people, it's just life, it's not because they're white. While Black people have to deal with "just life" and then on top of it, the added element of racism.

Systemic is when a structure exists and is in place that facilitates the carrying out of racism acts against Black people and other minority groups protected under the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I'm sure we can find an example
No, I’m not misunderstanding his comments. He is constantly calling people who disagree with him racists. Disagreeing doesn’t mean you have racist thoughts. BLM may have meant to be a good thing, then you see people hating on and wishing death to all cops, BLM leaders embezzling funds, looting and destroying property. I do not believe racism is systemic today. A lot of things some blacks attribute to systemic racism also happens to whites. I treat people with respect and kindness unless they show me and others disrespect and ugliness. I never said racism didn’t exist, but it is by individuals, you can’t change their mindset.I have heard that blacks can’t be racist since they wield no power, pure bullshit. I nor anyone I know has any power. I have been told by black people that they hate whites just because they are white.

Last edited:
Someone on this post said that if you’re looking for racism that is what you going to find and he is right.
People also say that when the only tool you have in your toolbox is a hammer then every problem begins to look like a nail in reference to gun rights people which your analogy sounds a lot like.

When you come to racism you will only find it if it's there and meets the definition of what our laws say constitute racism. It doesn't matter what I think or you or anyone else thinks or believes, it only matters what our laws say
Someone on this post said that if you’re looking for racism that is what you going to find and he is right.

The reason for this is because of the way the brain is programmed. Our brains are not as much interested in perceiving the world accurately as in survival; if you perceive a danger and you flee and survive as far as the brain is concerned that’s the only thing that matters. You can check this out if you will; go on the Internet and find a trapezoid optical illusion. The trapezoid is mounted atop a rotating shaft, as you watch it move from the front, you’ll see it swing back and forth, but if you look at it from the top you will see it rotate in a circle. Perception is an iffy thing; it takes much effort to see the world as is. One has to be trained as an objective observer to overcome one’s bias.
No, you're comparing perceptions/misperceptions to investigative training to seek out what may not be readily apparent. Also you have to be able to recognize bias including within yourself before you can combat it.

Agreed

Forum List

Back