Zone1 A Simple Experiment That Can Demonstrate WHY You Don't See Racism While Others Do

No, but a lot of them were not paid top dollar, either.

Actually they were happy to have a job of honest work. There's nothing wrong with that.

Alabama blacks are very nice people, IMO.
When I was working on my undergraduate at Embry-Riddle I worked a lot of different little odd jobs, mostly student work-study including being a maid at the Americana Hotel on the beach side (A1A). The housekeeper there was a Black woman whose name I can't remember but I have never forgotten her because it used to break my heart to see her live her life in so much fear. She was an older woman, I would imagine in her 40s (yeah that's old according to our government :) but was in a constant state of fear that "someone" (think of a "Karen") would do something or say something to get her fired and for her to be that fearful, I figured things must have been really tight financially.

There was NO MONEY to be made in Daytona Beach outside of the hospitality industry and even within hospitality we're still talking minimum wage. When I was working for the police department I was raking in a whole $5.00 an hour :)

I remember

What black radicals lol?

Why don't you just give it up and quit trying to impose your own ideas on how I or any other Black person should be spending our time or what we shouldn't be spending it on.

You don't hear me trying to tell any of you that just because some of you obviously could benefit from some remedial classes on a myriad of topics, nagging you about doing so.

And you're wrong in trying to portray me wanting to live vicariously through my ancestors. I didn't have to live vicariously through him (my grandfather), I actually enrolled in a university that provided me with an aeronautical science curriculum, the equivalent of ground school courses as well as flight instructions each afternoon until I changed my major to computer science.

Ironically my ex lives just outside of Daytona Beach in Florida in the fly-in community Spruce Creek. When we (the Black students) were enrolled in Embry-Riddle we all wanted to 1. graduate, 2. get a job flying with the airlines, 3. buy a house in Spruce Creek with an aircraft hangar in addition to a garage for our nice sports car :) Actually it's a bit beyond ironic since he has his own plane (Mooney) and claims that I was his inspiration for getting his pilot license oh about 18 years ago. Oh yeah, he's white (German).

You're so wrong about so many things.
You are singing a diferent tune now that you wete called for your constant anti white rants

Now rather than claiming to be part of the racially downtrodden class you come off as the rare successful black person

But your game is pretty obvious

What services are blacks denied? And I paid my own taxes.
In the movie Hidden Figures, when the government got their new main frame computer, in order to program it, knowledge of FORTRAN was needed.

Because the women were already computer literate (they were actually referred to as "computers - (comput ers) Dorothy figured out that in order to ensure that they would continue to have jobs that they all (the three women that the story is about) should teach themselves FORTRAN but the only place that she knew of where she could find a FORTRAN book was at the "white" library where Black people were not allowed. Dorothy and her sons snuck into the white library anyway, where she found the book and slipped it into her bag. By this time, the librarian and probably some of the patrons had begun yelling at them, asking them what they were doing "here - you know you're not supposed to be here". They called the police on them and since they were making haste all the cop did was chastise and threaten them as they were existing the library.

Once on the bus during the ride back home, one of her sons noticed that she still had the FORTRAN book and said, "Mama, you STOLE that book!" to which Dorothy hushed him saying, this is MY taxes paid for this book.

So the money they collect via taxes pays for separate but [rarely] equal libraries, apparently figuring that Black people would have little use for a FORTRON programming book.

Not only was Dorothy able to teach herself FORTRAN, she also taught her friends. And if you will recall at the end of the movie, the woman who was assigning jobs to the girls brought in a group of white women and introduced them to Dorothy who included them in her training sessions. They were warmly welcomed no matter what initial apprehensions they may have had.

Those particular scenes really struck a chord with me although I was cataloguing all of the things that were happening on the job site that are currently unlawful. The movie took place just a few years before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed.

Oh and I don't know what you mean by you pay your own taxes.

You are singing a diferent tune now that you wete called for your constant anti white rants

Now rather than claiming to be part of the racially downtrodden class you come off as the rare successful black person

Newsvine doesn't have constant anti-white rants. Not that I've seen.

What constant anti-white rants? It's your problem if you constantly fail to grasp the distinction that I/we make between white racists and white people. We've always made that distinction.

And I have never claimed to be anything other than what and who I am. Every single negative act committed against me that's I've recounted here on this message board diminishes my life and progess by a certain amount. Whether or not I was able to keep going on the path I set for myself does nothing to diminish the fact that these things shouldn't have happened especially if the sole reason was due to my race although it's been pointed out to me in recent decades that there has been as much discrimination against me due to being female as there probably has been due to my race.

And it doesn't matter what level of success I may achieve I will still have challenges in my life due to white racists and the fact that the systemic racism that was built into our has not been completely dismantled.

If my alleged "game" is so obvious why have you still not figured out what I do and why I'm here? Everything you've claimed thus far is incorrect. And your apparent disappointment to discover that I'm not a "hood rat" is just sad.

They are reenactors

They dont actually hate the other side the way black radicals do

The war is over for them but not for you
Are you that oblivious to your own racism that you really believe what you posted here?

She has always posted about her successes.

The rare black sucessful person?

Man, are you really that blind about your problem?

What constant anti-white rants? It's your problem if you constantly fail to grasp the distinction that I/we make between white racists and white people. We've always made that distinction.

And I have never claimed to be anything other than what and who I am. Every single negative act committed against me that's I've recounted here on this message board diminishes my life and progess by a certain amount. Whether or not I was able to keep going on the path I set for myself does nothing to diminish the fact that these things shouldn't have happened especially if the sole reason was due to my race although it's been pointed out to me in recent decades that there has been as much discrimination against me due to being female as there probably has been due to my race.

And it doesn't matter what level of success I may achieve I will still have challenges in my life due to white racists and the fact that the systemic racism that was built into our has not been completely dismantled.

If my alleged "game" is so obvious why have you still not figured out what I do and why I'm here? Everything you've claimed thus far is incorrect. And your apparent disappointment to discover that I'm not a "hood rat" is just sad.
In the 1820’s or 1920’s there were unquestionably white racists to went out of thrir way to hold black people down

But in 2020 those people are extremely rare

If you encounter animosity I suggest its due to your lousy personality and that giant chip on your shoulder rather than your skin color

It's a two way street though NewsVine. You can't have people accusing others of racism on television every night, have rules set down on message boards and by school boards and by pretty much every institution as to what is and is not politically correct, what is permissible and what is not re skin color. . .

You can't have people saying that they are somehow due reparations because of their skin color. . .

You can't be fired or forced to resign or forced to take sensitivity training due to some un PC-word or whatever--think the hapless rookie fireman who brought cold watermelon as a treat for his coworkers, some of which were black, and was fired for stereotyping. . .

You can't deal with trying to protect your child from insane CRT in school curriculum or see unrealistic policies like no movie can be nominated for an Oscar if a person of color is not one of the prominent characters or see politicians or executives appoint black people to positions whether or not they are the most qualified. . .every advertisement and television program has to include at least one or more black people. . .

You can't have cops or citizens investigated exhaustively to determine whether their self defense against a black person was a 'hate crime' or fire an errant or incompetent black person without risking an investigation or lawsuit for discrimination.. . .

. . .you can't have all that as commonplace in our society. . .
Without being forced to see skin color first before you see a person's character, qualifications, aptitude, personality, creativity, talent. And that tends to make tacit racists out of people who otherwise would never be.

Until we as a society are allowed to treat skin color no differently than we do eye color or hair color, racism will be a fact of life in America. That won't be because people are racist. It will be because they are forced to be.
You exemplify the type of psychosis and cognitive dissonance so prevalent on the right. Everything you say we can't have society doing has been done for whites. Whites made skin color the qualification for things and whites still make color the main qualification for things. Until this society honestly confronts the continuing racism practiced by individuals like you, who I have just quoted 7 paragraphs of modern racism, then we are going to continue having problems.

No one is asking for reparations because of skin color, but there's another racist claim that you make and swear that racism is all in the past.

Reparations are being asked for because of:

Slavery, black codes, convict leasing, the fraud perpetrated on blacks landowners after slavery, redlining, restrictive covenants, contract selling, the exclusion of blacks from New Deal Programs and GI Bill, Housing segregation, predatory lending, Human rights violations in law enforcement, medical racism, retail redlining, and a few other things.

None of those words say we want reparations because we are black.

In the 1820’s or 1920’s there were unquestionably white racists to went out of thrir way to hold black people down

But in 2020 those people are extremely rare

If you encounter animosity I suggest its due to your lousy personality and that giant chip on your shoulder rather than your skin color
You practice racism right now.

In the movie Hidden Figures, when the government got their new main frame computer, in order to program it, knowledge of FORTRAN was needed.

Because the women were already computer literate (they were actually referred to as "computers - (comput ers) Dorothy figured out that in order to ensure that they would continue to have jobs that they all (the three women that the story is about) should teach themselves FORTRAN but the only place that she knew of where she could find a FORTRAN book was at the "white" library where Black people were not allowed. Dorothy and her sons snuck into the white library anyway, where she found the book and slipped it into her bag. By this time, the librarian and probably some of the patrons had begun yelling at them, asking them what they were doing "here - you know you're not supposed to be here". They called the police on them and since they were making haste all the cop did was chastise and threaten them as they were existing the library.

Once on the bus during the ride back home, one of her sons noticed that she still had the FORTRAN book and said, "Mama, you STOLE that book!" to which Dorothy hushed him saying, this is MY taxes paid for this book.

So the money they collect via taxes pays for separate but [rarely] equal libraries, apparently figuring that Black people would have little use for a FORTRON programming book.

Not only was Dorothy able to teach herself FORTRAN, she also taught her friends. And if you will recall at the end of the movie, the woman who was assigning jobs to the girls brought in a group of white women and introduced them to Dorothy who included them in her training sessions. They were warmly welcomed no matter what initial apprehensions they may have had.

Those particular scenes really struck a chord with me although I was cataloguing all of the things that were happening on the job site that are currently unlawful. The movie took place just a few years before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed.

It would have been fairly easy and a better idea for them to buy a book on Fortran from a book store. If the book store they went to did not have a book of Fortran they would have been happy to order one.

It seems that we have a bunch of people who apparently see racism only as blacks only signs and Klan masks.

That's not how it's done now. And the thing is, you guys know it. I have shown you the bragging Flash did about purposefully not hiring blacks for at least 20 years. In the 1990's I was involved in a class action suit agsinst a U.S. corporation whose manager did exactly what Flash bragged about.

Then we have things like this:

Payscale did a two-year study from 2017 to 2019, and this is theirconclusion: “We find equal pay for equal work is still not a reality.” They studied the earnings of white men and men of color using data from 1.8 million employees. They found that no matter how far they advanced, black men made less than white men with the same qualifications.

The National Women’s Law Center also showed that black women are paidless than other women. Black women are paid sixty-three cents for every dollar paid to white men based on calculations used in the study.

“Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees,black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanicwhite workers with the same, or often less, education.”

- Roy Eduardo Kokoyachuk, ThinkNow Research

Kokoyachuck found that blacks and Hispanics with college degreeswere paid less than whites and Asians with comparable education. Hisstudy showed that blacks and Hispanics who graduated in S.T.E.M majorsearned less than whites and Asians with degrees in those same majors.

“Even when Blacks and Hispanics go the extra mile and earn professionaldegrees, their incomes still don’t break six figures. Whites and Asians, however,double their incomes by earning professional degrees, allowing them to makewell over $100,000 a year.”

These are studies done during this century, yet when we present reciepts we get opinions based on feels and denial of the evidence. After that, we have to endure lectures on what blacks need to do as if we didn't present any evidence showing that white racism is a problem RIGHT NOW.

Modern racism is a belief that reflects an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in contemporary racism from Jim Crow racism is that the attacks focus on a group’s culture instead of claiming genetic superiority. Modern racism is primarily done online on social media. Modern racists will not express openly racist views. They believe racism is over and that racism is a thing of the past.

Modern racism happens like this:

• Avoiding any meaningful contact with the minoritygroup.
• Practicing racial discrimination when thecircumstances allow it.
• Rather than criticizing a minority group, those with racistbeliefs will attack a policy or action, and use that as anoutlet for their attitudes.
• Making a distinction between groups in terms of their ‘values

This is done here every single day.

People want to tell us how few racists there are. There are more racists than murderers or rapists. Do we stop trying to end rape or murder by telling people that that there aren't all that many rapists and murderers?

At least 31 percent of white Americans held racist views according to a IPSOS Poll that was conducted online from Aug. 21 to Sept. 5, 2017. Extrapolating this using the entire white population hopefully will allow you to see just how much of a potential threat racism is. According to United States Census projections there were 248,503,000 whites in America in 2017. If thirty-one percent of the white population held racist views, that means that there were potentially 77,035,930 whites with racist views living in America at that time.

Contrast this to the projected 2017 American population (323,128,000), and potentially 23.8 percent of the American people held racist views. That is basically one in four Americans.

So you see, racism is still a very big problem and really, the only people dismissing or minimizing the problem are those who still practice racism. We can no longer afford to discuss race with one side bringing receipts and the other side bringing tired racist stereotypes and opinions.

Last edited:
1. In my opinion (opinion!), the "racism" problem is insoluble.

2. Maybe the OP's prospective landlady did not like African Americans (or Asian Americans or Hispanic Americans for that matter).

3. But maybe the landlady lied about a vacancy because she was afraid of losing her job and apartment house.

4. Maybe she has non-Caucasian friends; maybe she patronizes non-American food restaurants; and maybe she has even insisted that her church welcome non-Caucasian worshippers.

5. But she is terrified that if the OP moves in, then others of that ethnicity will move in, too.

6. And she is terrified that soon some new tenants' relatives will move in; there will be loud parties; drug dealers will come around; dangerous dogs will roam around, etc.

7. And there will occur "white flight."

8. After all, we know that African American celebrities almost all leave their family neighborhoods for nicer and safer areas.

9. In my opinion (opinion!), African Americans will always be subject to discrimination -- even when Caucasians are reduced to a small minority (sometime in the next century) and Hispanics become the largest single group and possibly the majority of Americans.

10. Yes, it is very sad. But -- as you young people say -- it is what it is!
For white men born in 1941 it may be unsolvable.

And in spite of all that ALLEGEDLY, he has one up on all the clowns on this site.

It's not mine to disclose so if you can't refrain from disparaging other members in the thread, please don't post.
I feel the same way about Duke. He apparently believes that blacks should always genuflect upon command.

When I was working on my undergraduate at Embry-Riddle I worked a lot of different little odd jobs, mostly student work-study including being a maid at the Americana Hotel on the beach side (A1A). The housekeeper there was a Black woman whose name I can't remember but I have never forgotten her because it used to break my heart to see her live her life in so much fear. She was an older woman, I would imagine in her 40s (yeah that's old according to our government :) but was in a constant state of fear that "someone" (think of a "Karen") would do something or say something to get her fired and for her to be that fearful, I figured things must have been really tight financially.

There was NO MONEY to be made in Daytona Beach outside of the hospitality industry and even within hospitality we're still talking minimum wage. When I was working for the police department I was raking in a whole $5.00 an hour :)

I remember
That would have about when I started with the phone company and I was making eight bucks an hour as a skilled technician. Hospitality pays low wages and attracts low-skilled workers.

The women weren’t computer literate. Computers were very rare. Even the IBM techs couldn’t get that one to function. What the black women were skilled at was using comptometors; mechanical calculators, think four function adding machines on steroids. Operating one was one of the jobs my grandmother did during her lifetime.

Forum List

Back