A sane look at fighting Trumpism

bripat9643, post: 15799360
The Dems are not going to filibuster.

Did they tell you that or did you just make it up.

Republican's will use budget reconciliation because they can't stop a filibuster. And now Trump has publicly harmed GOP repeal efforts by supporting two major parts of the ACA.
The cowardly Dims are not going to filibuster because a lot of them are in vulnerable seats and they have to face an election in 2 years.

Trump is for some form of universal healthcare paid for by the government:

Scott Pelley: What's your plan for Obamacare?

Donald Trump: Obamacare's going to be repealed and replaced. Obamacare is a disaster if you look at what's going on with premiums where they're up 45, 50, 55 percent.

Scott Pelley: How do you fix it?

Donald Trump: There's many different ways, by the way. Everybody's got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, "No, no, the lower 25 percent that can't afford private." But--

Scott Pelley: Universal health care?

Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now.

Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

Donald Trump: They're going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably--

Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Donald Trump: --the government's gonna pay for it. But we're going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it's going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.

Trump gets down to business on 60 Minutes

Read it and weep all haters out there:

(Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now.

Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

Donald Trump: They're going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably--

Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Donald Trump: --the government's gonna pay for it.)

No need to give up fighting for a decent strong successful America against the threat that occurred last night.

November 9, 2016 2:36 a.m.
Forget Canada. Stay and Fight for American Democracy.
By Jonathan ChaitShareTweetShareShareEmail
9-chait-election-night.w710.h473.jpg

Photo: The Washington Post/Washington Post/Getty Images
Before the election, like many liberals, I made a lot of jokes about moving to Canada. It was a way for people to deal with our anxiety. It’s not funny anymore, and people discussing it — reportedly, Canada’s immigration website has crashed due to excessive interest — are beginning to disgust me. I love this country. I believe in it. I’m not leaving. I’m sorry to sound hokey, but I’m going to stay and defend truth and democracy.

Never in my lifetime has the United States seen a period of darkness like the one that lies ahead of us. But we have seen periods of darkness before — segregation, McCarthyism, the internment of the Japanese, the Civil War, slavery. The American story is fitful progress punctuated by frequent reversals, some of which appeared at the time like they would last forever. None of them did.

The Trump years will be a horror. When I set out to write my long story in the magazineabout Trumpism and the future of the Republican Party, I originally intended to focus on the immediate possibilities that lay before the Republican Party if it could capture full control of Washington. As this scenario grew less likely, I gave it less emphasis, but it is there. The Republicans will pass massive regressive tax cuts; they will take access to medical care from the poor and sick; they will deregulate the financial industry and fossil-fuel emitters.

And that is just the beginning, the best-case scenario. Trump is an impulsive, egotistical bully, intolerant of criticism and dissent and drawn to the ruthless application of power. Many liberals have been warning that American democracy is far weaker than we believed, and this was before any of us imagined a monster like Trump commanding the Executive branch. Trump will shake the Republic to its foundations. And the Republicans will shake it with him. If there is a central point I tried to drive home, it is that Trumpism grows out of a decades-long trend toward authoritarianism as the dominant tendency of Republican politics. I don’t know what American government will look like after four years of Trump — or if it will only last four years, or even if it will only last eight.

But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse.

At the end of this month, the president-elect of the United States will face trial for committing massive fraud through Trump University. He openly vows to have his children run his family business, which will enrich him through his office in the manner of a post-Soviet kleptocrat. The depths of a Trump presidency defy our imagination. It is safe to assume it will not be popular. Trump and his party will probably respond with vicious anti-democratic measures. But fighting for democracy is part of America’s heritage, from abolitionists to suffragettes to the progressive reformers. Maybe you thought that fight was confined to history. It will go on.

And Trump does not represent the future. He only barely represents its present. His party controls all three branches in large part because its voters are overrepresented in the House, the Senate, and the Electoral College. He represents a rage against the direction of America they have no way of stopping. Even a complete halt to all of illegal immigration and a total deportation of every undocumented immigrant will not prevent the growth of nonwhites into an eventual majority. Republicans are increasingly focused on voter suppression and other anti-democratic measures to allow their shrinking cohort to rule. Trump is the perfect champion of their project.

But I do not believe they will win, at least not over the long run. As the shock of a Trump presidency set in, I told my children Tuesday night that I did not want to hear anything about fleeing. We are not going anywhere. And the America I have raised them to believe in will one day prevail.

From the quote:

"But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse."

This threat is new. That Piece Of Shit is an open fascist. If the Republicans who control both houses of Congress allow this thing any leeway he will move as rapidly as possible towards dictator. This is who this lowlife is, he is a mafia head. His first order of business will be to try to use governmental power to get even with all the people that have ever said a bad tweet about him.

If the Senate had gone Democrat the danger would be far dimished, but the Republicans really don't care about anything except power so they'll suck the POS's dick as long as he let's them do most of what he wants.

The working people that were fooled into voting for Piece Of Shit trump and his crime family are soon to find out just how bad the fucked up.
You sound pussy whipped

The cowardly Dims are not going to filibuster because a lot of them are in vulnerable seats and they have to face an election in 2 years.

That's a fools dream. I'm sure the newly insured in Kentucky and other red states do not want to lose their coverage or have Trumpism caused chaos introduced to the system and policies now in place. The issue with higher premiums affect a very small percentage nationwide.

Trump now has to be specific with factual numbers. As a rabble-rouser candidate he was compelled in no way to respect facts and express the truth. He won't get away with that chicanery anymore. The rubber meets the road. Dems can filibuster because facts are on their side and Trump did not win the vote.

New issue for Trumpism - nepotism.

Transition infighting - most powerful man emerging is Trump's son-in-law.

"The tensions played a role in a Friday shakeup in which the president-elect replaced his transition team chief Chris Christie with his running mate Mike Pence. Sources familiar with the move say it was precipitated partly by clashes between Christie’s allies and rival factions on the transition team, as well as Trump’s influential son-in-law Jared Kushner."

Trump team rivalries spark infighting

We will find out if Kushner wants nasty Trumpism to mar his family's presidency or a more centrist inclusive based presidency for all the people including those who opposed them.

This Trumpism infighting will be crucial to watch. Remember Kushner and other siblings running the Trump empire will not want further damage than the campaign has already caused.

Trump's early offer to compromise on Obanacare I believe is a sign that evil Trumpism is not going to prevail.

Rustic, post: 15799610
You sound pussy whipped

You sound ignorant. Typical Trumpism supporter.

This is a discussion forum. Why are you here? The campaign is over. Nothing for insulters to do now that actual governing is now in play.

Republicans control the House, Senate and Whitehouse now. They dont need to compromise...and better not compromise. The looney left has this weird idea "you won so now you have to compromise".Not the way it has to work at all. What Trump did could have been done in 2012 and even 2008...with some Republican backbone.
Trump rode a wave. Trump wasn't the wave.

Republicans control the House, Senate and Whitehouse now. They dont need to compromise...and better not compromise. The looney left has this weird idea "you won so now you have to compromise".Not the way it has to work at all. What Trump did could have been done in 2012 and even 2008...with some Republican backbone.

Trump is a third party candidate. If he decides to compromise he will compromise.

He has already started 60 hours in.

Haters, read it and weep.

(Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now. --the government's gonna pay for it.)

Rustic, post: 15799610
You sound pussy whipped

You sound ignorant. Typical Trumpism supporter.

This is a discussion forum. Why are you here? The campaign is over. Nothing for insulters to do now that actual governing is now in play.
Sorry, I did not vote for trump. I wrote in a candidate Elmer Fudd.
Anyway, I am glad America's choice was to pick Trump though. I don't think America would've survived a third term of Barry.
And you're right the hildabeast lost… Get over it. LOL

That's a fools dream. I'm sure the newly insured in Kentucky and other red states do not want to lose their coverage or have Trumpism caused chaos introduced to the system and policies now in place. The issue with higher premiums affect a very small percentage nationwide.

Trump now has to be specific with factual numbers. As a rabble-rouser candidate he was compelled in no way to respect facts and express the truth. He won't get away with that chicanery anymore. The rubber meets the road. Dems can filibuster because facts are on their side and Trump did not win the vote.
You're wrong. For every "newly insured," there are 10 people who have to pay higher premiums and have much higher deductibles. One of the main reasons Trump won the election is the fact people are so pissed off at the Obamacare fiasco. A substantial majority want it repealed, and Dims stand in their way at their peril. You douche bags are deluding yourselves about the popularity of this legislation.

Trump is a third party candidate. If he decides to compromise he will compromise.

He has already started 60 hours in.

You just go right ahead and believe that if it makes you feel better

Moxie2, post: 15799129
Yes, he is going to compromise on many issues, that's how government works.

DOTR, post: 15802570
House, Senate and Whitehouse now. They dont need to compromise...and better not compromise.

One of these two Trumpists is wrong. Pretty sure it's DOTR. Trump has already publicly compromised on the ACA.

Last edited:
bripat9643, post: 15803869
You're wrong. For every "newly insured," there are 10 people who have to pay higher premiums and have much higher deductibles

Show me a source. That would be 200, 000,000 people. You are nuts.

Last edited:
bripat9643, post: 15809925
Yeah, that's right, just about everyone else who is insured has to pay much higher premiums and pays much higher deductibles.

What is your source you factless Trumpist?

I have a source

Less than seven percent of Americans use Obamacare. Their premiums on avg will go down by $28 for most of that 7%.

A small percentage that do not qualify for govt subsidies will see a steep rise.

That is fixable. No need to toss the entire law.

Trump probably knows this after talking to Obama. Trump can't lie about it anymore.

Perhaps you won't be able to lie about it anymore either. We can hope.

When a white President tells you the truth you will have to believe it.

It's important to note, only a small percentage of Americans use health insurance plans provided by the 2010 ACA.

HHS states, 20 million people have enrolled in Obamacare since 2010, but there are about 319 million people in the U.S.

This means, less than seven percent of Americans use Obamacare. The rest of the U.S. population is covered by their employer, Medicaid or Medi-Cal or by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.

The HHS report encourages those who could be looking at price increases, to shop around for a new plan for 2017. The average premium in 2017 is expected to be about $28 less on average after tax credits, than in 2016- a 20 percent reduction. Staying on the same plan could mean an increase in price.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.abc1...obamacare-price-hikes/341809982?client=safari

"The HHS report encourages those who could be looking at price increases, to shop around for a new plan for 2017. The average premium in 2017 is expected to be about $28 less on average after tax credits, than in 2016- a 20 percent reduction. Staying on the same plan could mean an increase in price."

What is your source?

bripat9643, post: 15803869
. One of the main reasons Trump won the election is the fact people are so pissed off at the Obamacare fiasco. A substantial majority want it repealed,

Where!s your source. The overwhelming majority do not want it repealed. Surely not the two million more Americans that actually voted for Clinton, not for Trump.

That is why Trump is already compromising on repealing it altogether. He will have government take care of everybody he said.

Don't you listen to who you vote for?

Forum List

Back