A sane look at fighting Trumpism

Norman, post: 15775434
Where is the evidence?

Show me a Trump plan with more benefits than OBAMACARE and costs less.

Show me a plan to build a wall on the Southern border that binds Mexico to pay for it.

There is none. That's the evidence.
Simple. Hell VERY simple. He CAN use the patriot act and put a tax on ANY money sent back to Mexico. :) The Mexican people will absolutely REVOLT against their government hence they government either pays up or has a revolt on their hands.

I agree with what Jennifer Rubin says:

"Second, if it took Nixon to go to China, perhaps it will take Trump to concede the unworkability of anti-immigrant schemes. Mexico’s not gong to build the wall, nor will Trump be able to deport millions of people. If the immigrant-haters won’t listen to immigration reformers, maybe they will accept more readily his inevitable admission — when the time comes — that these schemes are impossible and unwise."

Hopefully this is how the Trumpism absurdity of Mexico paying for a 800 mile wall on US dies a lonely death.

I agree with what Jennifer Rubin says:

"Second, if it took Nixon to go to China, perhaps it will take Trump to concede the unworkability of anti-immigrant schemes. Mexico’s not gong to build the wall, nor will Trump be able to deport millions of people. If the immigrant-haters won’t listen to immigration reformers, maybe they will accept more readily his inevitable admission — when the time comes — that these schemes are impossible and unwise."

Hopefully this is how the Trumpism absurdity of Mexico paying for a 800 mile wall on US dies a lonely death.

What DOES this do to the left's war on white people?

Odium, post: 15776096
Simple. Hell VERY simple. He CAN use the patriot act and put a tax on ANY money sent back to Mexico. :) The Mexican people will absolutely REVOLT against their government hence they government either pays up or has a revolt on their hands.

How much does the wall cost? How much money gets sent to Mexico per month?

No need to give up fighting for a decent strong successful America against the threat that occurred last night.

November 9, 2016 2:36 a.m.
Forget Canada. Stay and Fight for American Democracy.
By Jonathan ChaitShareTweetShareShareEmail
9-chait-election-night.w710.h473.jpg

Photo: The Washington Post/Washington Post/Getty Images
Before the election, like many liberals, I made a lot of jokes about moving to Canada. It was a way for people to deal with our anxiety. It’s not funny anymore, and people discussing it — reportedly, Canada’s immigration website has crashed due to excessive interest — are beginning to disgust me. I love this country. I believe in it. I’m not leaving. I’m sorry to sound hokey, but I’m going to stay and defend truth and democracy.

Never in my lifetime has the United States seen a period of darkness like the one that lies ahead of us. But we have seen periods of darkness before — segregation, McCarthyism, the internment of the Japanese, the Civil War, slavery. The American story is fitful progress punctuated by frequent reversals, some of which appeared at the time like they would last forever. None of them did.

The Trump years will be a horror. When I set out to write my long story in the magazineabout Trumpism and the future of the Republican Party, I originally intended to focus on the immediate possibilities that lay before the Republican Party if it could capture full control of Washington. As this scenario grew less likely, I gave it less emphasis, but it is there. The Republicans will pass massive regressive tax cuts; they will take access to medical care from the poor and sick; they will deregulate the financial industry and fossil-fuel emitters.

And that is just the beginning, the best-case scenario. Trump is an impulsive, egotistical bully, intolerant of criticism and dissent and drawn to the ruthless application of power. Many liberals have been warning that American democracy is far weaker than we believed, and this was before any of us imagined a monster like Trump commanding the Executive branch. Trump will shake the Republic to its foundations. And the Republicans will shake it with him. If there is a central point I tried to drive home, it is that Trumpism grows out of a decades-long trend toward authoritarianism as the dominant tendency of Republican politics. I don’t know what American government will look like after four years of Trump — or if it will only last four years, or even if it will only last eight.

But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse.

At the end of this month, the president-elect of the United States will face trial for committing massive fraud through Trump University. He openly vows to have his children run his family business, which will enrich him through his office in the manner of a post-Soviet kleptocrat. The depths of a Trump presidency defy our imagination. It is safe to assume it will not be popular. Trump and his party will probably respond with vicious anti-democratic measures. But fighting for democracy is part of America’s heritage, from abolitionists to suffragettes to the progressive reformers. Maybe you thought that fight was confined to history. It will go on.

And Trump does not represent the future. He only barely represents its present. His party controls all three branches in large part because its voters are overrepresented in the House, the Senate, and the Electoral College. He represents a rage against the direction of America they have no way of stopping. Even a complete halt to all of illegal immigration and a total deportation of every undocumented immigrant will not prevent the growth of nonwhites into an eventual majority. Republicans are increasingly focused on voter suppression and other anti-democratic measures to allow their shrinking cohort to rule. Trump is the perfect champion of their project.

But I do not believe they will win, at least not over the long run. As the shock of a Trump presidency set in, I told my children Tuesday night that I did not want to hear anything about fleeing. We are not going anywhere. And the America I have raised them to believe in will one day prevail.

From the quote:

"But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse."
Ha ha! Liberals lost.

What DOES this do to the left's war on white people?

I'm white there is no war on white people.

This does resolve the Trumpism war on immigrated across the southern border people.

We carry on with what OBAMA's been doing. Deporting criminal immigrants back to from where they came.

The wall nonsense goes away.

And yet they kicked your ass. Sooooo, that means that YOUR party apparatus was even worse. Just sayin...

Not talking about the election apparatus. It's the governing apparatus being discussed. Obama kicked Bush43s governing apparatus 1000 times over. Nothing shows me the Trump Republican governing apparatus has learned anything since their most recent stint occupying the White House being attacked on 9/11 starting a war in Iraq and cutting taxes during war time.

We've had eight years of slow but steady progress and stability under Obama. An interruption of that domestic progress falls entirely on the President elect and his choice of party at the moment.

Why don't you understand what the discussion is about.

Slow but steady? Are you high? Thanks to obama policies there are more people out of the work force than since the 1970's. That takes a particular kind of dumb to accomplish. And it takes a very special kind of stupid to think that that is good. Stability? Where? When the bushie left office the middle east was calm, and Khadafi was doing our bidding. Under obummer the middle east exploded and the threat of ISlamic terror was able to make its way to our shores. Like I said it takes a special kind of stupid to think that that is "stable". Hello:bye1:

I'm white there is no war on white people.

The check is in the mail? You don't say?

Democrats Don't Need White Men to Win | Huffington Post
VIDEO: Democrat Spokesman Proves They Hate White Males With Just 3 Words
Question That Contains Assumptions: Why does it seem Democrats are against white males? - Quora

Here is what your racist in chief said

{We really are the only advanced democracy on earth that systematically and purposefully makes it really hard for people to vote,” Obama said Thursday when speaking at the University of Chicago School of Law. “There is no other country on earth that does that. There is a legacy to that that grows directly out of a history in which first propertied men, then white men, then white folks didn’t want women, minorities, to participate in the political process and be able to empower themselves in that fashion. That’s the history. We should be a society in which at this point we should say, yeah, that history is not so good.”}

Breaking: Obama Just Dropped A Bombshell: "Then White Folks..."

You of the left are waging outright war on white people, then you expect us to vote for you.

This does resolve the Trumpism war on immigrated across the southern border people.

We carry on with what OBAMA's been doing. Deporting criminal immigrants back to from where they came.

The wall nonsense goes away.

Obama has opened the borders and halted virtually all enforcement.

Odium, post: 15776096

How much does the wall cost? How much money gets sent to Mexico per month?
Mexico received more than $24.4 billion in remittances in 2014 from immigrants living in the United States, which makes up about two percent of the Mexican GDP, according to World Bank data. Losing that money could devastate the country's economy.

Illegal immigrants send home $50 billion annually but cost taxpayers more than $113 billion

One says 24 billion other says 50.

Building his wall could require about 339 million cubic feet of concrete, or three times what was used to build the Hoover Dam. Trump has said his wall could cost up to $12 billion, but a Washington Post study estimated the wall would cost $25 billion. It will be made of precast concrete and reach up to 50 feet.

So even at high end its RIGHT on target for what gets sent back to Mexico. This is also Trump who ALWAYS comes in under budget and on time or before the due date.

Ha ha! Liberals lost.

Dems lost a third term election - not unusual. Our outgoing president leaves with high approval. You don't know what you elected. A complete unknown starting with a high dissaproval rating. A major slip up could be a Trumpism disaster right out of the gate. Republican's have little margin for error. If the economy goes south - House and Senete are in play. Overreach on healthcare - millions fall back to uninsured - costs resume Bush era above inflation pace - House and Senate are in play.

Trumpism can do some damage. You best beware.

bendog, post: 15775263
We should want him to be successful and have policies that lead to both full employment and 3-4% non-inflationary growth, and rising wages.

Rising wages began last year. Pay attention

"More than seven years after it began, middle class households are starting to feel the recovery. - US median household income rose 5.2 percent last year, the fastest one-year increase in records that stretch back to the late 1960s"

America's middle class just got its biggest pay raise since the '60s | VICE News

Higher growth more likely under President Clinton. Trump is a racist remake of the Bush 43 trickle down tax cutter with piss poor results ending in the 2008 greatest recession since the Great Depression.

"Mama!! We lost! Makes me want to cry!"

Trump "is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern..."

The fight to save the Republic will be easier considering the ineptness and weakness of the deplorable Republic's foes.
Yeah, he's just a stoopid dum dum who can't do nothing right!

You're a stooge.

Uncensored2008, post: 15776347
Obama has opened the borders and halted virtually all enforcement.

Let's see your source.

"Among those who are highly critical of our government’s virtual open-border policies is Albert Spratte, the sergeant-at-arms of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley. A June 23 National Review Online article attributed an amazing observation to Spratte: “There are two types of illegal immigrants crossing the border: those whom Border Patrol catches and those who catch Border Patrol.”
Obama Opens Borders, Releases Illegal Immigrants Into U.S.

"
The Obama administration has revived the maligned illegal immigrant “catch-and-release” policy of the Bush years, ordering Border Patrol agents not to bother arresting and deporting many new illegal immigrants, the head of the agents’ labor union revealed Thursday.

Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council, told Congress that Homeland Security was embarrassed by the number of illegal immigrants not showing up for their deportation hearings, but instead of cracking down on the immigrants, the department ordered agents not to arrest them in the first place — meaning they no longer need to show up for court.

Mr. Judd said the releases are part of President Obama’s “priorities” program, which orders agents to worry chiefly about criminals, national security risks and illegal immigrants who came into the U.S. after Jan. 1, 2014. Mr. Judd said illegal immigrants without serious criminal convictions have learned that by claiming they came before 2014 — without even needing to show proof — they can be released immediately rather than being arrested.

“Immigration laws today appear to be mere suggestions,” Mr. Judd testified to the House Judiciary Committee’s immigration subcommittee. “That fact is well known in other countries.”

U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which oversees the Border Patrol, did not deny Mr. Judd’s claim but said agents have been instructed to prioritize whom they arrest."

Obama reinstates ‘catch-and-release’ policy for illegal immigrants

Nothing pisses me off more than disingenuous asshats who deny facts that nobody, except themselves, deny. Like the retards who deny that wikileaks is *real*. None of the people made to look like fools and worse deny the emails are real. It's just the little retards like this fool who deny it, as if that will make it not real.

Yeah, he's just a stoopid dum dum who can't do nothing right!

You're a stooge.

He appealed to hatred and bigotry to win an election. If you think he's in to help all working poor and middle class you are the prime example of a stooge.

It takes no intelligence to appeal to people's fears. It just takes a mean enough spirit to do it and sleep at night.

"Among those who are highly critical of our government’s virtual open-border policies is Albert Spratte, the sergeant-at-arms of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley. A June 23 National Review Online article attributed an amazing observation to Spratte: “There are two types of illegal immigrants crossing the border: those whom Border Patrol catches and those who catch Border Patrol.”
Obama Opens Borders, Releases Illegal Immigrants Into U.S.

From your 2014 link:

A large number of those traveling from Central America to our southern border are unaccompanied children. The Obama administration has estimated that 60,000 children unaccompanied by parents or relatives will pour into the United States this year, up from about 6,000 in 2011.

Children from 2014. You fear and hate children.

they get detained and deported anyway, the time it takes is BUSH's fault:

Complicating matters, a 2008 anti-human trafficking law signed by President George Bush prevents the US from returning children who are not from Mexico and Canada to their home countries without a deportation hearing

Forum List

Back