A sane look at fighting Trumpism

bripat9643, post: 15803869
. One of the main reasons Trump won the election is the fact people are so pissed off at the Obamacare fiasco. A substantial majority want it repealed,

Where!s your source. The overwhelming majority do not want it repealed. Surely not the two million more Americans that actually voted for Clinton, not for Trump.

That's a truly remarkable statement...can you PROVE that THOSE two million need the ACA?
It seems to me that the overwhelmingly majority of spoiled brats who are currently protesting are dressed quite well and live at home.

Indeependent, post: 15810652
That's a truly remarkable statement...can you PROVE that THOSE two million need the ACA?

Just stating the facts that most Americns don't want the ACA repealed. The protests are not about the ACA. Trump is for universal healthcare and had announced he will keep its main provisions and perhaps only amend it. Trump said the government will pay for the uninsured.

The protests are about his racist sentiments, his bigotry, and his own admission that he has sexually assaulted women and bragged about it.

If you were a decent human being you would protest that too.

It seems to me that the overwhelmingly majority of spoiled brats who are currently protesting are dressed quite well and live at home.

You have no idea or way of knowing where or how the protestors are living.

Many are in college.

From some interviews I've seen many are highly educated living in cities where employment is good.

And quite a bit of ignorance is showing on your part. The two million more that voted for Clinton not Trump are not necessarily the ones that are protesting. Although I will be pleased if every Clinton majority voter gets active in defeating the racist bigotry that Trump has dog whistled to get an electoral win.

Last edited:
miketx, post: 15811517
The only thing I'd show your sorry ass is the doo

That's because there is no plan and never will be.

If there was you would not be running away from this discussion by making Trumpist threats.

miketx, post: 15811517
The only thing I'd show your sorry ass is the doo

That's because there is no plan and never will be.

If there was you would not be running away from this discussion by making Trumpist threats.
You keep telling your retarded ass that. I'm Trumpist. LOL! You are a retardist.

Last edited:
Meathead, post: 15810648
I have not yet begun to hissyfit.

Of course not. You are in lockstep with racism, bigotry, and mysogeny. You only care about you tribe.
Racism bigotry misogyny, oh my!

miketx, post: 15811654
acism bigotry misogyny, oh my!
Racism bigotry misogyny, oh my

Yes it exist in America. Apparently you are thrilled about it.

Last edited:
miketx, post: 15811654
acism bigotry misogyny, oh my!
Racism bigotry misogyny, oh my

Yes it exist in America. Apparently you are thrilled about it.
Sure, racism, bigotry and misogyny exist everywhere. However, in America the left has rendered the terms meaningless

Meathead, post: 15811817,
Sure, racism, bigotry and misogyny exist everywhere. However, in America the left has rendered the terms meaningless

Typical rightwing racist tactic: blame the left for their own racist sins.

Spare us. He hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

Trump does not need to be inaugurated to negotiate.

He has stated since the election that he wants to be President of all the people.

More people voted against him than for him. So how will address the majority of Americans that are disgusted by him.

Hillary Clinton not only won the popular vote in Tuesday’s election. It is now clear that she won it by a margin larger than two candidates who went on to win the presidency.

David Leonhardt, a columnist for The New York Times, noted on Friday that with a 1.7-percentage-point popular vote lead over Donald Trump,Clinton will have a larger margin of victory than Richard Nixon had over Hubert Humphrey in 1968 or John F. Kennedy had over Nixon in 1960. (Her edge is also larger than Al Gore’s popular vote victory over George W. Bush in 2000, though he too was stymied by an electoral college loss.)

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5827a2c5e4b02d21bbc91bbc

You have no idea or way of knowing where or how the protestors are living.

Many are in college.

From some interviews I've seen many are highly educated living in cities where employment is good.

And quite a bit of ignorance is showing on your part. The two million more that voted for Clinton not Trump are not necessarily the ones that are protesting. Although I will be pleased if every Clinton majority voter gets active in defeating the racist bigotry that Trump has dog whistled to get an electoral win.

I know quite well as I live a very tight knit community with lots of friends who have college age kids, including my own.
The protestors are ignorant of recent history AND the political process.

No need to give up fighting for a decent strong successful America against the threat that occurred last night.

November 9, 2016 2:36 a.m.
Forget Canada. Stay and Fight for American Democracy.
By Jonathan ChaitShareTweetShareShareEmail
9-chait-election-night.w710.h473.jpg

Photo: The Washington Post/Washington Post/Getty Images
Before the election, like many liberals, I made a lot of jokes about moving to Canada. It was a way for people to deal with our anxiety. It’s not funny anymore, and people discussing it — reportedly, Canada’s immigration website has crashed due to excessive interest — are beginning to disgust me. I love this country. I believe in it. I’m not leaving. I’m sorry to sound hokey, but I’m going to stay and defend truth and democracy.

Never in my lifetime has the United States seen a period of darkness like the one that lies ahead of us. But we have seen periods of darkness before — segregation, McCarthyism, the internment of the Japanese, the Civil War, slavery. The American story is fitful progress punctuated by frequent reversals, some of which appeared at the time like they would last forever. None of them did.

The Trump years will be a horror. When I set out to write my long story in the magazineabout Trumpism and the future of the Republican Party, I originally intended to focus on the immediate possibilities that lay before the Republican Party if it could capture full control of Washington. As this scenario grew less likely, I gave it less emphasis, but it is there. The Republicans will pass massive regressive tax cuts; they will take access to medical care from the poor and sick; they will deregulate the financial industry and fossil-fuel emitters.

And that is just the beginning, the best-case scenario. Trump is an impulsive, egotistical bully, intolerant of criticism and dissent and drawn to the ruthless application of power. Many liberals have been warning that American democracy is far weaker than we believed, and this was before any of us imagined a monster like Trump commanding the Executive branch. Trump will shake the Republic to its foundations. And the Republicans will shake it with him. If there is a central point I tried to drive home, it is that Trumpism grows out of a decades-long trend toward authoritarianism as the dominant tendency of Republican politics. I don’t know what American government will look like after four years of Trump — or if it will only last four years, or even if it will only last eight.

But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse.

At the end of this month, the president-elect of the United States will face trial for committing massive fraud through Trump University. He openly vows to have his children run his family business, which will enrich him through his office in the manner of a post-Soviet kleptocrat. The depths of a Trump presidency defy our imagination. It is safe to assume it will not be popular. Trump and his party will probably respond with vicious anti-democratic measures. But fighting for democracy is part of America’s heritage, from abolitionists to suffragettes to the progressive reformers. Maybe you thought that fight was confined to history. It will go on.

And Trump does not represent the future. He only barely represents its present. His party controls all three branches in large part because its voters are overrepresented in the House, the Senate, and the Electoral College. He represents a rage against the direction of America they have no way of stopping. Even a complete halt to all of illegal immigration and a total deportation of every undocumented immigrant will not prevent the growth of nonwhites into an eventual majority. Republicans are increasingly focused on voter suppression and other anti-democratic measures to allow their shrinking cohort to rule. Trump is the perfect champion of their project.

But I do not believe they will win, at least not over the long run. As the shock of a Trump presidency set in, I told my children Tuesday night that I did not want to hear anything about fleeing. We are not going anywhere. And the America I have raised them to believe in will one day prevail.

From the quote:

"But I do not believe that the people who elected Trump will be helped by his program in any way. Trump avoided policy specifics to a comical degree. His health-care plan is “something terrific” that will take care of everybody at no cost to anybody. His wall paid for by Mexico is not even a punch line — it is a symbol of his supporters’ fascistic willingness to subordinate all critical faculties and endorse an obvious absurdity. What he will do is sign a quick succession of donor-driven laws written by Paul Ryan whose authentic support is confined to a trivial proportion of the party outside its big-money wing. To whatever extent people voted for Trump for reasons other than racial and cultural resentment, Trump will do nothing for them. He is a buffoon surrounded by a party apparatus that is unable to govern, as the Republican elite demonstrated during the George W. Bush era, and that has grown worse."
Yo Foo...what you assholes need is a domestic unprecedented coalition. The one Obabble created to defeat Isis being such a success. GFY!

Moxie2, post: 15799129
Yes, he is going to compromise on many issues, that's how government works.

DOTR, post: 15802570
House, Senate and Whitehouse now. They dont need to compromise...and better not compromise.

One of these two Trumpists is wrong. Pretty sure it's DOTR. Trump has already publicly compromised on the ACA.

Trump hasn't entered office yet. It is impossible for any compromise to have occurred.

Meathead, post: 15811817,

Typical rightwing racist tactic: blame the left for their own racist sins.

Typical douche bag tactic. No matter what the argument, always call the opposition racists. That works much better than facts or logic.

Spare us. He hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

Trump does not need to be inaugurated to negotiate.

He has stated since the election that he wants to be President of all the people.

More people voted against him than for him. So how will address the majority of Americans that are disgusted by him.

Hillary Clinton not only won the popular vote in Tuesday’s election. It is now clear that she won it by a margin larger than two candidates who went on to win the presidency.

David Leonhardt, a columnist for The New York Times, noted on Friday that with a 1.7-percentage-point popular vote lead over Donald Trump,Clinton will have a larger margin of victory than Richard Nixon had over Hubert Humphrey in 1968 or John F. Kennedy had over Nixon in 1960. (Her edge is also larger than Al Gore’s popular vote victory over George W. Bush in 2000, though he too was stymied by an electoral college loss.)

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5827a2c5e4b02d21bbc91bbc

Pay attention: We won. You lost. Now get in the back and shut the fuck up.

bripat9643, post: 15816408
ypical douche bag tactic. No matter what the argument, always call the opposition racists. That works much better than facts or logic.[/QUOTE

Paul Ryan was personally outspoken against Trump's racist messaging.

And now this:

A White Nationalist Is The New White House Chief Strategist
Steve Bannon, who stoked the flames of alt-right fury while running Breitbart News, is headed to the presidential inner circle.

The pretense that Trump has not dog-whistled racist and bigots during his campaign is as bogus as it can get.

Trump and Bannon arevbig time racist Birthers. That cannot be denied.

bripat9643, post: 15816418
Pay attention: We won. You lost. Now get in the back and shut the fuck up.

You won the White House now you must govern. Trump lost the vote however and must deal with that reality. His Chief of staff is an ultimate Washington insider and Paul Ryan loyalist. His Senior political adviser is Steve Bannon and Paul Ryan hater.

Some team Trump starts 'governing' with.

Preibus and Ryan are already knocking down Trump's extremist trade and immigration statements. Ryan controls the money for whatever Trump and Bannon want to do.

Republican's civil war disrupts governing. Disrupted governing will disrupt and disturb the voters. Most voter oppose Trump - that is a deep political reality that he has to deal with in an intelligent and meaningful way.

No Wall, No deportation force, no disruption to Obama care. No major trade reversals. What did you win. A racist bigot in the White House. Perhaps more than one judge.

Forum List

Back