A question for NFL fans, old AND new.....

Mohammad Ali fought much of a fight with Ken Norton with a broken jaw....
Never knew Ali played in the NFL

Learn something new every day.
well since we were talking about guys playing with busted body parts....fighting 9 rounds with a busted jaw sounded pretty impressive too....
It was always questioned if Ali broke his jaw when he said he did.
i just read an article on that before i posted it....the doctors who treated him believe he did at least early in the fight...his face was swollen in like round 5....

I think players are as tough as they ever were

I don't think so...
jack-lambert-signed-no-teeth-16x20-photo-4442255294530_1024x1024.jpg

I don't think so...
Today’s players are bigger, faster and stronger.
They also have better drugs
But admit it, the old guys WERE tougher. When you have someone like Cam Newton sit out 3 or 4 games because of something like TURF TOE, the newer guys are pansies compared to the old school players.

Depends what you consider tough
Every NFL player plays with aches and pain.

Players today are taking harder hits from opponents who are bigger, faster and stronger than players in the old day.

Take one of those old timers to the weight room against one of today’s players.

I don't think so...
But admit it, the old guys WERE tougher. When you have someone like Cam Newton sit out 3 or 4 games because of something like TURF TOE, the newer guys are pansies compared to the old school players.

Players today are taking harder hits from opponents who are bigger, faster and stronger than players in the old day.

NOT like they USED to play with aches and pains. Something like turf toe keeps pansy boy Cam Newton out for FOUR games? Are you kidding me, the old school players HAVE to be laughing at crap like this. Walter Payton, one of THE toughest players ever, missed ONE GAME in his entire 13 season career. So, for the most part, today's players are NOT as tough as the old players. This is my LAST word on this.

I don't think so...

NOT like they USED to play with aches and pains. Something like turf toe keeps pansy boy Cam Newton out for FOUR games? Are you kidding me, the old school players HAVE to be laughing at crap like this. Walter Payton, one of THE toughest players ever, missed ONE GAME in his entire 13 season career. So, for the most part, today's players are NOT as tough as the old players. This is my LAST word on this.

How bad is turf toe? Are you incapable of pushing off on it? How does it affect your mobility?
I have seen Cam take some nasty shots and get right up.

The question with an injury is not can you play but can a healthy replacement play better?

With injections and pain pills, todays players can take the field with injuries that would have sidelined old time players. Sometimes that makes things worse

Who would you say is THE toughest NFL player you've seen, read or heard about? I used to think it was either Dick Butkus or Ray Nietzsche of the Packers. Until I read about Jack Youngblood, who played for the Rams in the 70's and 80's. He was a TOUGH defensive end. SO tough, that he BROKE HIS LEG in a game, and played the rest of the game with that broken leg. I'm not sure how early in the game he broke it, but I think I recall that it happened in the first half. He was a tough SOB throughout his career, and I believe he made quite a few All-Pro teams. So, who are YOUR toughest of the tough guys?
All the Players of the by-gone day were tough sons of bitches, because Bart Starr who had 3 cracked ribs still played in the playoff game. Back then it was the love of the game that made these gladiators play in the harshest conditions many with broken bones, cuts and concussions. Today it is all about the mighty dollar and when you see a "football, i think of the pansy soccer player" getting turf toe, and sitting out 3 or 4 games, because of it, what the fuck is turf toe? You can thank the liberals who introduced women into watch the game, because they, liberals and women want to tone down the violence we so loved. The crack of helmet on helmet would have the crowd oohing and awing as the two combatants would be sluggishly brought off the field, then the very next play be right back in. I dont watch football anymore, they should use flags or touch, with then the gays would really like that.

You ever play football? Ever have a concussion?

I don't think so...

And today’s players would run circles around them and win every game by 5 touchdowns.

Who would you say is THE toughest NFL player you've seen, read or heard about? I used to think it was either Dick Butkus or Ray Nietzsche of the Packers. Until I read about Jack Youngblood, who played for the Rams in the 70's and 80's. He was a TOUGH defensive end. SO tough, that he BROKE HIS LEG in a game, and played the rest of the game with that broken leg. I'm not sure how early in the game he broke it, but I think I recall that it happened in the first half. He was a tough SOB throughout his career, and I believe he made quite a few All-Pro teams. So, who are YOUR toughest of the tough guys?
All the Players of the by-gone day were tough sons of bitches, because Bart Starr who had 3 cracked ribs still played in the playoff game. Back then it was the love of the game that made these gladiators play in the harshest conditions many with broken bones, cuts and concussions. Today it is all about the mighty dollar and when you see a "football, i think of the pansy soccer player" getting turf toe, and sitting out 3 or 4 games, because of it, what the fuck is turf toe? You can thank the liberals who introduced women into watch the game, because they, liberals and women want to tone down the violence we so loved. The crack of helmet on helmet would have the crowd oohing and awing as the two combatants would be sluggishly brought off the field, then the very next play be right back in. I dont watch football anymore, they should use flags or touch, with then the gays would really like that.

Back in the day, when the players played for the game, they got paid a whole lot less than the pansies of today. When the greed of the players started going through the roof, then it was the fans who had to pay the price. We see more and more empty seats, because soon the NFL will price themselves right out of the game....

I don't think so...

And today’s players would run circles around them and win every game by 5 touchdowns.
Today's players would get hit one time, and fold up crying about how they got a hang nail, or turf toe.

I don't think so...

Geez, you ARE an idiot. Do you EVER get tired of posting inane responses? I didn't think so.

Geez, you ARE an idiot. .....

You know it's true.

Today's players would get hit one time, and fold up crying about how they got a hang nail, or turf toe.

Today's players are too big, too fast, too powerful, and too talented for the admittedly tougher older players. It would be a terribly lopsided affair.

Earl (of the Houston Oilers fame) to the right, to the left and up the middle, Campbell was pretty tough.

Back in the day, when the players played for the game, they got paid a whole lot less than the pansies of today. When the greed of the players started going through the roof, then it was the fans who had to pay the price. We see more and more empty seats, because soon the NFL will price themselves right out of the game....
Played for the game?
What have you been smoking.

Tell us about the greed of the owners

Geez, you ARE an idiot. .....

You know it's true.
Today's players MAY be faster, but they're NOT tougher. Toughness IS the topic of discussion of this thread. And you KNOW the old school players WERE tougher, MUCH tougher.

Forum List

Back