A question for NFL fans, old AND new.....

Want to talk old time stadiums?

Announcer just gave down and distance, old stadiums had bad echoes and bad sight lines. Most stadiums doubled as baseball stadiums and in the fall, you played over the baseball infield.
Those turf fields were torn up by mid season and mud and slop when it rained.

No Jumbotron replays of the action on the field

The food sucked but the beer was cheap

Aluminum seats in the winter and trough urinals were not so great.

I remember seeing those troughs when I was a kid......freaked me out
The stadiums built in the late 1960's onward did not have troughs. And many stadiums just before that did not have them. The seats were plastic. I know by every way that modern stadiums are better with massive technology ugrades. There are people though who do not like the loud noises from the sound systems and the constant selling of products on the ribbon boards and the large jumbotrons. Free parking to very low cost parking as compared to 20 dollars at baseball games and 30 dollars and more at football games is brutal.

Announcer just gave down and distance, old stadiums had bad echoes and bad sight lines. Most stadiums doubled as baseball stadiums and in the fall, you played over the baseball infield.

The stadiums built in the late 1960's onward did not have troughs. And many stadiums just before that did not have them. The seats were plastic. I know by every way that modern stadiums are better with massive technology ugrades. There are people though who do not like the loud noises from the sound systems and the constant selling of products on the ribbon boards and the large jumbotrons. Free parking to very low cost parking as compared to 20 dollars at baseball games and 30 dollars and more at football games is brutal.

Most NFL games in the 60s were played on turf Baseball fields
In the 70s, we got those dreadful cookie cutter multipurpose stadiums with crappy artificial turf.
The 80s brought low budget domed stadiums.

Who would you say is THE toughest NFL player you've seen, read or heard about? I used to think it was either Dick Butkus or Ray Nietzsche of the Packers. Until I read about Jack Youngblood, who played for the Rams in the 70's and 80's. He was a TOUGH defensive end. SO tough, that he BROKE HIS LEG in a game, and played the rest of the game with that broken leg. I'm not sure how early in the game he broke it, but I think I recall that it happened in the first half. He was a tough SOB throughout his career, and I believe he made quite a few All-Pro teams. So, who are YOUR toughest of the tough guys?
All the Players of the by-gone day were tough sons of bitches, because Bart Starr who had 3 cracked ribs still played in the playoff game. Back then it was the love of the game that made these gladiators play in the harshest conditions many with broken bones, cuts and concussions. Today it is all about the mighty dollar and when you see a "football, i think of the pansy soccer player" getting turf toe, and sitting out 3 or 4 games, because of it, what the fuck is turf toe? You can thank the liberals who introduced women into watch the game, because they, liberals and women want to tone down the violence we so loved. The crack of helmet on helmet would have the crowd oohing and awing as the two combatants would be sluggishly brought off the field, then the very next play be right back in. I dont watch football anymore, they should use flags or touch, with then the gays would really like that.

You ever play football? Ever have a concussion?
Back in the day, when the players played for the game, they got paid a whole lot less than the pansies of today. When the greed of the players started going through the roof, then it was the fans who had to pay the price. We see more and more empty seats, because soon the NFL will price themselves right out of the game....

You realize that any of the “pansies” of today - including the kickers- could dispatch the likes of you without spilling a drop of their beer, right?

Today’s kickers are much better than in the 70s
At least 10 yards range

The complete opposite of social distancing.

The complete opposite of social distancing.
Joint peeing on a wall

Johnny Unitas

Rebounding from injuries became a Unitas trademark. In 1958, when he led Baltimore to the Western Conference title, he was hit by the Packers' Johnny Symank in the sixth game and hospitalized with three broken ribs and a punctured lung. Four games later, he led the Colts from a 27-7 halftime deficit to a 35-27 win over the San Francisco 49ers, a performance he rated higher than the season's celebrated title game.

Forum List

Back