A question about umbrellas.

Dogtanian

Dec 13, 2015
England. UK.
I'm not sure if links to commercial websites are allowed, but could anyone give me an opinion on "unbreakable umbrellas"? The Unbreakable® Umbrella

I live in the UK, and the law is very strict on guns and knives, which I am very glad of, but it is also very strict on the carrying of all manner of items that could even conceivably be used as weapons; deliberately carrying any item for the purpose of self-defense is illegal in the UK so you've got be awfully careful about what you carry. UK police website message-boards suggest carrying a whistle, and that a rolled-up newspaper would be acceptable.

So, thinking about what might offer me the best personal protection against rain and other natural hazards that would not be a cause for any concern from the police, I took a look at the Unbreakable Umbrella website and figured that the telescopic model might be a good choice - it's easy to stash away, so it can be carried all the time; the full length version is less expensive and I should think more effective in a difficult situation, but do you think the telescopic version would be enough?

It's a lot of money to spend on an umbrella, and I'd rather not spend any money at all, but I feel like I need something.

there are umbrellas with swords HIDDEN WITHIN------two buttons----one opens the umbrella to become a regular umbrella-----the other Jettisons the "brella" part----leaving just the sword. Get one of those----mess it up a little -----and WHEN DISCOVERED just say "HUH??? I bought at the salvation army---I thought it was just an umbrella

Forum List

Back