A no BS, non partisan examination of the success of Obama's stimulus package

What the hell do you think pays for our public school system and fabulous armed forces? TAXES. Less revenue means more borrowing. Over spending is the problem, Not the concept of spending.

Schools and armed forces aren't the spending problem

ooda_loop-albums-1-picture6262-2012-spending.jpg

Bush's tax cuts were more expensive than the Recovery Act. When will see that money back?

Never. They were cuts. You don't have to print money to cut taxes.

It astounds me how many of you don't understand our economic system. Taxes pay the government's expenses. Without them, we borrow more. That puts us more in debt. Tax cuts and over spending amount to the same thing.

Why would you want to continue to give the government more money to spend while they are continuing to spend more than they bring in? If you were trying to help a family member or friend who was in debt by giving them money to pay it off but they continued to spend at the same rate or even increase their spending you wouldn't continue to give them money unless you wanted to end up broke yourself.

What the hell do you think pays for our public school system and fabulous armed forces? TAXES. Less revenue means more borrowing. Over spending is the problem, Not the concept of spending.

Schools and armed forces aren't the spending problem

ooda_loop-albums-1-picture6262-2012-spending.jpg

Neither Bush or Obama are responsible for that expenditure. What you are talking about is mandatory spending. Defense is our second highest expense and the highest expense in terms of presidential policy.

Never. They were cuts. You don't have to print money to cut taxes.

It astounds me how many of you don't understand our economic system. Taxes pay the government's expenses. Without them, we borrow more. That puts us more in debt. Tax cuts and over spending amount to the same thing.

Why would you want to continue to give the government more money to spend while they are continuing to spend more than they bring in? If you were trying to help a family member or friend who was in debt by giving them money to pay it off but they continued to spend at the same rate or even increase their spending you wouldn't continue to give them money unless you wanted to end up broke yourself.

Revenue is what is saving us from being even more in debt. Like I said, lets cap spending, but lets also raise revenue.

The stimulus used to be the most failed piece of government policy ever. And then Obamacare came along.

Since when does the federal government own my wages?

Since the constitution was drafted :cuckoo:

Care to quote that part?

How are you not getting this? Taxes is a necessary evil. It is what funds our government. The founding fathers fought against taxation without representation, they did not stand against taxation itself.

Tell me, if it isn't in the constitution, who decided that we pay taxes and when?

Bush's tax cuts were more expensive than the Recovery Act. When will see that money back?

How could the Bush tax cuts be more expensive when they didn't cost anything?

Just because republicans told you tax cuts dont cost anything doesnt mean they were telling you the truth :cuckoo:

I'm my own, man, Billy; unlike you, I don't need talking points. Tax cuts don't cost anything because the money doesn't belong to the government in the first place, therefore you can't expense what isn't yours. Spending more than they take in is what costs us.

Since the constitution was drafted :cuckoo:

Care to quote that part?

How are you not getting this? Taxes is a necessary evil. It is what funds our government. The founding fathers fought against taxation without representation, they did not stand against taxation itself.

Tell me, if it isn't in the constitution, who decided that we pay taxes and when?

That wasn't the question. Show me where in the Constitution it says my paycheck belongs to the government.

How could the Bush tax cuts be more expensive when they didn't cost anything?

Just because republicans told you tax cuts dont cost anything doesnt mean they were telling you the truth :cuckoo:

I'm my own, man, Billy; unlike you, I don't need talking points. Tax cuts don't cost anything because the money doesn't belong to the government in the first place, therefore you can't expense what isn't yours. Spending more than they take in is what costs us.

You people crack me up lol. I bet I could explain this to a random 6 year old on the street and they would understand the logic in it.

A no BS, non partisan, incomplete examination of the success, or failure of the Obama's stimulus package, because all of the variables are not in. :eusa_whistle:

You people crack me up lol. I bet I could explain this to a random 6 year old on the street and they would understand the logic in it.

I have an MBA, Billy. I'm pretty sure you won't be schooling me on anything anytime in the near or far future.

Care to quote that part?

That wasn't the question. Show me where in the Constitution it says my paycheck belongs to the government.

Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have an MBA, Billy. I'm pretty sure you won't be schooling me on anything anytime in the near or far future.

Well it sure as hell wasn't in economics.

A no BS, non partisan, incomplete examination of the success, or failure of the Obama's stimulus package, because all of the variables are not in. :eusa_whistle:

Which ones are missing?

Go ahead. Ill wait.

Forum List

Back