A new, ethical, church proposal

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
The church of "I"- non-religious but highly ethical coming together of Individuals, and "I" is not spelled me. No leader, no human authority, no God, no tax, no tithing, no baptizing, no hymns of praise, though zealotry is helpful. It's not dependent on the group dogma or rhetoric for sustainability. In fact "I" will outlive either. The evidence is History.

"I" is the first letter in the word individual. Without Individual effort nothing is accomplished. The stories, songs, etc., are always about an Individual. The group is but a supporting cast.

The only requirement being the taking to heart that all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights- unalienable is not inalienable. No rules or rituals involved, just Individual effort. To take to heart requires Individual effort. Taking it to heart and acting it allows it to perpetuate itself. Perpetuation can gain orders of magnitude.

When I heard this song it became my anthem- the golden rule set to music

Do with these thoughts as you will-

The church of "I"- non-religious but highly ethical coming together of Individuals, and "I" is not spelled me. No leader, no human authority, no God, no tax, no tithing, no baptizing, no hymns of praise, though zealotry is helpful. It's not dependent on the group dogma or rhetoric for sustainability. In fact "I" will outlive either. The evidence is History.

"I" is the first letter in the word individual. Without Individual effort nothing is accomplished. The stories, songs, etc., are always about an Individual. The group is but a supporting cast.

The only requirement being the taking to heart that all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights- unalienable is not inalienable. No rules or rituals involved, just Individual effort. To take to heart requires Individual effort. Taking it to heart and acting it allows it to perpetuate itself. Perpetuation can gain orders of magnitude.

When I heard this song it became my anthem- the golden rule set to music

Do with these thoughts as you will-

Sounds like you are describing secular humanism.

• Banned
Sounds like you have faith in man's words- is that not human? What I propose is living by the golden rule, ass wipe.
Almost sounds like the church of satan lol
How
what do you propose? Manifest Destiny? Your god is better than the catholic or muslim or jewish god- you people have caused more grief than anything outside a plague since history began-
How so? The Golden Rule? Or did you not listen along with not reading?

• Banned
Would you people please learn to read what's written instead of what you want to see- or better yet come visit the Confusion thread and educate yourselves. Good lord the ignorance is appalling. Now, that said it is your choice- you have the right as do I to criticize your choice, and I will if and when confronted- now, tell me precisely what it is you fear about what was written, or what the song said try to discuss vs dogmatize

Sounds like you have faith in man's words- is that not human? What I propose is living by the golden rule, ass wipe.
How
what do you propose? Manifest Destiny? Your god is better than the catholic or muslim or jewish god- you people have caused more grief than anything outside a plague since history began-
"You people?" Im agnostic actually ;)
The church of satan focuses on the individual. No rituals. No god. No real leader. No baptizing. They don't believe in a literal satan.
But thanks for your smartass, worthless comment.

Would you people please learn to read what's written instead of what you want to see- or better yet come visit the Confusion thread and educate yourselves. Good lord the ignorance is appalling. Now, that said it is your choice- you have the right as do I to criticize your choice, and I will if and when confronted- now, tell me precisely what it is you fear about what was written, or what the song said try to discuss vs dogmatize
Lol
Educate yourself
Official Church of Satan Website | churchofsatan.com
They call it the church of satan because true individualism and liberty is often defined as evil by the religious nutters.
I will accept your apology.

• Banned
The church of satan focuses on the individual. No rituals. No god. No real leader. No baptizing. They don't believe in a literal satan.
But thanks for your smartass, worthless comment.

Thanks for your invaluable comment BTW- I have news for you and anyone else reading this- History proves the Individual will remain long after the group changes its name its colors its dogma its politics etc- without the Individual effort there is NO group. Period. The Individual is the one the story tells about. The group is but a supporting cast. Period. The Golden Rule is for every Individual to subscribe to and exercise- if not, that is the choice of the Individual- he has that right to choose. Whereas in the group, religious and political, if one criticizes the group or group leader he is ostracized from or by the group for exercising his rights- one need but read this thread and the many in the political sections for evidence. The Individual who doesn't praise the which way the wind blows today dogma is ridiculed and chastised-

To proclaim, I suppose with sincerity, that to respect others is somehow the work of a satan is unbelievable.

• Banned
Lol
Educate yourself
They call it the church of satan because true individualism and liberty is often defined as evil by the religious nutters.
Why don't you ejumacate me. Show me what I say isn't true- with facts, not religious nutter dogma. If THEY didn't have someone (Individual) to do their thinking they wouldn't exist as a group. Period.
I will apologize to no one for practicing and believing in the Golden Rule, especially "religious nutters" (notice the plural?) who profess some sort of esoteric knowledge and dogamtize it as truth- that they have no respect for others proves a point I'm making- they- group- demand others see things their way or else-

Lol
Educate yourself
Why don't you ejumacate me. Show me what I say isn't true- with facts, not religious nutter dogma. If THEY didn't have someone (Individual) to do their thinking they wouldn't exist as a group. Period.
I will apologize to no one for practicing and believing in the Golden Rule, especially "religious nutters" (notice the plural?) who profess some sort of esoteric knowledge and dogamtize it as truth- that they have no respect for others proves a point I'm making- they- group- demand others see things their way or else-
The CoS compels people to not listen to other people and think for themselves.
Idk im done with this.

Such a sin

I Cast No Stones, I build no walls, and I tell the truth, when the Truth comes to call
I try to walk, in that narrow way
sometimes I go over the lines
and I won't make it back till the next day
I cast no stones.what gives you the right
to tell me my business good God man your out of your mind?
So put up your bible.or let me get mine
I'm not dragging the whole world to hell you're wasting my time
I don't talk with Jesus as much as I should
I don't read that good book everyday like I could
I like to stop, at the end of the day
and pray that I hurt nobody
and Somebody new found their way
I cast no stones what gives you the right
To tell me my business good God man are out of your mind?
So put up your bible or let me get mine
I'm not dragging the whole world to hell you're wasting my time
Say a prayer for me brother
I'll see you on down the line
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Cody Jinks

Idk im done with this
You're good at that-
Yes I am good at getting tired of explaining myself.
You didnt bother to read what i posted. I have no desire to explain myself multiple times when the person I am talking to doesnt want to hear something that goes against his beliefs. Like a religious nutter does ;)
Enjoy yourself, old man. Your wilfull ignorance should keep you company.

Just an observation, individuals who say they follow the Golden Rule don't generally call people "ass wipes".

Anyhoo... that song that OP wishes to offer as a new ethical church is very nice. Here's some highlights: "I cast no stones" and "Say a prayer for me brother".

Well, I will say a prayer for you.

How
Do you really believe you are living by the golden rule when you call someone an asswipe for making a sincere observation.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have faith in man's words- is that not human?
I am almost certain you believe it is.

But the primary distinction between secular humanism and traditional religions is a belief in a power greater than man. So, no.

th

*****SMILE*****

:)

But the primary distinction between secular humanism and traditional religions is a belief in a power greater than man.

But man said it, so, yes- that people want to believe it doesn't make it not so- I want to believe people are basically good- that don't make it so- I believe if people lived by the Golden Rule the world would be a better place, but, since I'm just a man no one wants to believe it- I don't get it- just because one isn't in ancient times doesn't mean what they say is of any less import- of course if somebody can show me how abiding by the Golden Rule wouldn't be "Christ like" I'm more than willing to read their opinion- if someone can show me how respecting another simply because he exists isn't Christ like, again, I'm more than willing to read their opinion- if I had said I received word from your God would you believe me?

Do you really believe you are living by the golden rule when you call someone an asswipe for making a sincere observation.
You bet- do unto others as you would have them do unto you- when someone tries to insult my intelligence I respond in kind- sincerely.

Forum List

Back