'A modern miracle': Experts marvel at CDC data showing fully vaccinated make up less than 1% of COVID deaths

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well.....good news for the vaxxed--I guess this would be another way of saying the 99% of covid deaths are unvaccinated, eh?
However, and I gotta laugh, given that more than half of deaths occurred before a vaccine existed--this is perhaps a bit of a skewed stat. My take...the death toll fully vaccinated around 3%.
Still a good number.

'A modern miracle': Experts marvel at CDC data showing fully vaccinated make up less than 1% of COVID deaths
Scientists knew the COVID-19 vaccines were highly effective at preventing severe disease and death, but didn’t know exactly how effective until the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released data last week showing what experts called a “modern miracle.”
As of Oct. 12, the agency found only 7,178 deaths occurred among fully vaccinated people in the U.S. In a country that has reported more than 720,000 COVID-related deaths, the fully vaccinated make up less than 1%
“We were all hoping for something to help save our neighbors and our patients and certainly this data is tremendous,” said Dr. Joseph Teel, vice chair of clinical operations for the department of family medicine and community health at Penn Medicine. “It’s a modern miracle in many ways.”

I find this take a bit more sobering:

More Americans have died from Covid-19 so far in 2021 than in 2020, a sobering milestone after the year began with hopes that the United States was set to turn the corner on the pandemic with the rollout of vaccines -- and the death count is still rising steadily at a pace of over 2,000 a day.

As of Wednesday, U.S. localities have reported 353,000 deaths since January 1, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

That surpasses the 352,000 deaths reported in 2020 in the 10 months following the first recorded domestic outbreaks of the disease in March.

Last week, the U.S. surpassed 700,000 Covid-19 deaths, more than any other country, and 25,000 more than were killed by the Spanish flu of 1918, making Covid-19 the deadliest pandemic in American history. But there are signs of a reprieve. The number of patients hospitalized with Covid-19 dropped to a seven-day average of 66,131 in the week to Oct. 3 from 76,734 in the week to Sept. 26, according to the Centers for Disease Control, while the share of Americans who have received at least one shot of a coronavirus vaccine has risen to 65%, driven partly by government and corporate vaccination mandates.

Well.....good news for the vaxxed--I guess this would be another way of saying the 99% of covid deaths are unvaccinated, eh?
However, and I gotta laugh, given that more than half of deaths occurred before a vaccine existed--this is perhaps a bit of a skewed stat. My take...the death toll fully vaccinated around 3%.
Still a good number.

Scientists knew the COVID-19 vaccines were highly effective at preventing severe disease and death, but didn’t know exactly how effective until the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released data last week showing what experts called a “modern miracle.”
As of Oct. 12, the agency found only 7,178 deaths occurred among fully vaccinated people in the U.S. In a country that has reported more than 720,000 COVID-related deaths, the fully vaccinated make up less than 1%
“We were all hoping for something to help save our neighbors and our patients and certainly this data is tremendous,” said Dr. Joseph Teel, vice chair of clinical operations for the department of family medicine and community health at Penn Medicine. “It’s a modern miracle in many ways.”

More Americans have died from Covid-19 so far in 2021 than in 2020, a sobering milestone after the year began with hopes that the United States was set to turn the corner on the pandemic with the rollout of vaccines -- and the death count is still rising steadily at a pace of over 2,000 a day.

As of Wednesday, U.S. localities have reported 353,000 deaths since January 1, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

That surpasses the 352,000 deaths reported in 2020 in the 10 months following the first recorded domestic outbreaks of the disease in March.

Last week, the U.S. surpassed 700,000 Covid-19 deaths, more than any other country, and 25,000 more than were killed by the Spanish flu of 1918, making Covid-19 the deadliest pandemic in American history. But there are signs of a reprieve. The number of patients hospitalized with Covid-19 dropped to a seven-day average of 66,131 in the week to Oct. 3 from 76,734 in the week to Sept. 26, according to the Centers for Disease Control, while the share of Americans who have received at least one shot of a coronavirus vaccine has risen to 65%, driven partly by government and corporate vaccination mandates.
most that die are elderly..they would've soon died anyway of something else:
pneumonia
heart disease
obesity
etc etc

Still a good number.

AND--AND --most people don't get Covid
of those most DON'T DIE = so OF COURSE the stats will show a lot of vaxxed don't die
DUH

Vaccinations weren’t really out there until April. I’d say 7,000 needs to be compared to 200,000 or so non vaxed deaths. More like something between 2%-3.5% of the deaths with 65% vaxed. That’s a huge success rate.

Vaccinations weren’t really out there until April. I’d say 7,000 needs to be compared to 200,000 or so non vaxed deaths. More like something between 2%-3.5% of the deaths with 65% vaxed. That’s a huge success rate.
About what I came up with....

Still a good number.

Thanks. Some on the left would prefer to lead fools and horses to water and vaxx, not labor.

Still a good number.

It says 10 months from the first outbreak in March, but if they counted 10 months from the first outbreak, that would include January 2021.... Before Biden took office. They left January 2021 out???

January 2021 had 104,000 deaths.

Once vaccinated people were fully vaccinated, those deaths dropped exponentially, even with the rise of delta variant, they never hit that 100k in a month again.....at least not yet....and hopefully never.

Still a good number.

Post hoc fallacy.

As more people became infected and recovered, the numbers were going to decline as a matter of course.....Whether any vax had anything to do with the fact is unfalsifiable speculation.

The hacks at CDC -who haven't been right about anything yet- are basically taking credit for gravity.

Post hoc fallacy.

As more people became infected and recovered, the numbers were going to decline as a matter of course.....Whether any vax had anything to do with the fact is unfalsifiable speculation.

The hacks at CDC -who haven't bee right about anything yet- are basically taking credit for water being wet.
Only if you engage in special pleading since the unvaxxed are getting it worse than the vaxxed.

most that die are elderly..they would've soon died anyway of something else:
pneumonia
heart disease
obesity
etc etc
My dad is in his late 80s, he's still alive, because he hasn't caught covid, same with mom.

They'll likely live well in to their 90s if not 100s.... If they do not catch covid. Dad has other ailments, borderline diabetic, high blood pressure without meds....but with his meds, doing okay.

Sure, he is eventually going to die, but catching covid, he would die, before his time. It would be a death sentence, likely 10 years before he would have died otherwise.

Still a good number.

And your point is?

1634906306501.png

My dad is in his late 80s, he's still alive, because he hasn't caught covid, same with mom.

They'll likely live well in to their 90s if not 100s.... If they do not catch covid. Dad has other ailments, borderline diabetic, high blood pressure without meds....but with his meds, doing okay.

Sure, he is eventually going to die, but catching covid, he would die, before his time. It would be a death sentence, likely 10 years before he would have died otherwise.
total BULLSHIT...you don't know if he would die with Covid...thanks for your analysis DOCTOR
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Forum List

Back