A man wants to become ordained as nun in Belgium

They are crooks in my book. One claims to take a vow of "Celibacy, Povrety and Obedience", ...

Celibacy is the wrong word here. Celibacy is a tradition which means a priest has not to marry. Correct should be "chastity" (German: "Keuschheit") in context of monks and nuns. In case of celibacy someone has no sex because he is not married. In case of chastity someone is not married because he/she has no sex. The vow "Chastity, Poverty and Obedience" is much more strict.

Celibacy is the wrong word here. Celibacy is a tradition which means a priest has not to marry. Correct should be "chastity" (German: "Keuschheit") in context of monks and nuns. In case of celibacy someone has no sex because he is not married. In case of chastity someone is not married because he/she has no sex. The vow "Chastity, Poverty and Obedience" is much more strict.
You're right. Chastity. It didn't sound right when I typed it, I haven't been to church in a while so I lost track of their shallow garbage. You're right.
thank you.

Forum List

Back