A Handgun Against An Army – Ten Years After

So what do you do when the most heavily armed segment of society wants fascism? That's what we have now. All those guns don't mean shit when their owners are practically begging the federal government and the army to put down protests and kill democracy.

Maybe read the OP before responding next time

“If every Jewish and anti-nazi family in Germany had owned a Mauser rifle and twenty rounds of ammunition AND THE WILL TO USE IT (emphasis supplied – MBV), Adolf Hitler would be a little-known footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic.”
Yeah I read it but we are not Germany and the gun nutters are not an oppressed minority no matter how much they like to think so.

No? There's no political faction that's tearing down statues and is dedicated to Government Uber Alles?
That's just people wanting the same rights and expectations you take for granted. Only a fascist would think that another man gaining in equality means something has been taken from them.

Denying me my right to celebrate my heritage, a right every other group has,

is denying me equality.

That you call me a fascist for wanting equality, is just you adding insult to injury.

Do you want a civil war? Because this is how you get a civil war.

Some heritage should not be celebrated, such as plantation owners who profited from slavery.
So it depends what you heritage is that you want to celebrate?

No, it does not. If I am denied what ever other group gets, then I am denied equality and his point was a fucking lie.

And that he insults me (us) on top of that, is adding insult to injury.

AND it is worth adding, that this is not a lone insult or injury.

You want a civil war? Cause this is how you get a civil war.

So what do you do when the most heavily armed segment of society wants fascism? That's what we have now. All those guns don't mean shit when their owners are practically begging the federal government and the army to put down protests and kill democracy.

Riots are not democracy.

What that idiot and other idiots like him can't see....is that it isn't normal gun owners who want fascism...it is the joe biden voters and the democrats who want fascism.....they want more government control over every single aspect of their lives...while normal Americans and gun owners simply want to be left alone....

Obviously you are on the right and I am on the left, but I agree with that.
The population as a whole has to control government, not the other way around, and that requires us to retain weapons.
In general, the groups within the population should be left alone to do as much of what they want as possible.
We only need government to step in when one group abuses rights of another group.

Riots are not democracy.

What that idiot and other idiots like him can't see....is that it isn't normal gun owners who want fascism...it is the joe biden voters and the democrats who want fascism.....they want more government control over every single aspect of their lives...while normal Americans and gun owners simply want to be left alone....

The population as a whole has to control government, not the other way around, and that requires us to retain weapons.
In general, the groups within the population should be left alone to do as much of what they want as possible.
We only need government to step in when one group abuses rights of another group.

Yep....but the people on the left don't believe that........they can't help themselves.

Every social issue is a battle of perspectives.
Indeed- battle is very fitting. What many don't seem to want to acknowledge is History- those "battles" lead to blood shed- there is little to no need for blood shed in this case- one group announces it wants to preserve Liberty- another denounces Liberty with vitriol as though it would be the end of the world- exercising Liberty is a Natural, inherent right, as in UNalienable, not INalienable (which the author failed to recognize, btw) - the stupid sheep want to deny Liberty, except to their "gain"- their "perspective" is clouded, narrow and shallow from indoctrination by fools who wouldn't know Truth if it was tattooed onto their forehead where they had to see it every time they pass a mirror and look at themselves, which is often- to exercise Liberty is a natural happening- it can't and won't be stopped- it can, and is, restricted by sheep justifying to their flock that it is the right thing to do, even though no harm happened, but cause harm with their restrictions- it doesn't matter which side of the equation you find yourself on- denying Truth will always lead to conflict and ALL conflict begins when one imposes his will on another- it has no political bias, it just is.
History is little more than a long list of conflicts. Even our highest ideals of equality, liberty and reason were birthed in strife and bloodshed. It's terrible but it seems humanity has never advanced away from the caves by any other means. Intellectuals have always stood by saying "can't we all just get along?" but unfortunately they are usually the first to go into the mass grave.

Plenty of progress has been made with peaceful change. You are just making excuses for your side's use of political violence against your enemies.

At one time, but seems we are quickly backsliding.
For example, Vietnam, the War on Drugs, Prohibition, WMD lies about Iraq, federal gun control, 3 Strikes, etc.,
The wholesale rights of millions of people have been deliberately and illegally abused.
When that happens, it is way past talking time.

“If every Jewish and anti-nazi family in Germany had owned a Mauser rifle and twenty rounds of ammunition AND THE WILL TO USE IT (emphasis supplied – MBV), Adolf Hitler would be a little-known footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic.”
Yeah I read it but we are not Germany and the gun nutters are not an oppressed minority no matter how much they like to think so.

No? There's no political faction that's tearing down statues and is dedicated to Government Uber Alles?
That's just people wanting the same rights and expectations you take for granted. Only a fascist would think that another man gaining in equality means something has been taken from them.

is denying me equality.

That you call me a fascist for wanting equality, is just you adding insult to injury.

Some heritage should not be celebrated, such as plantation owners who profited from slavery.

No, it does not. If I am denied what ever other group gets, then I am denied equality and his point was a fucking lie.

No one can decide if you have a right to celebrate something or not, without knowing what it is.
There are lots of things that should not be celebrated, such as mass murder, rape, genocide, slavery, etc.
You are not making any points by claiming one can celebrate anything they want.
I do not support that and likely no one else does either.

Indeed- battle is very fitting. What many don't seem to want to acknowledge is History- those "battles" lead to blood shed- there is little to no need for blood shed in this case- one group announces it wants to preserve Liberty- another denounces Liberty with vitriol as though it would be the end of the world- exercising Liberty is a Natural, inherent right, as in UNalienable, not INalienable (which the author failed to recognize, btw) - the stupid sheep want to deny Liberty, except to their "gain"- their "perspective" is clouded, narrow and shallow from indoctrination by fools who wouldn't know Truth if it was tattooed onto their forehead where they had to see it every time they pass a mirror and look at themselves, which is often- to exercise Liberty is a natural happening- it can't and won't be stopped- it can, and is, restricted by sheep justifying to their flock that it is the right thing to do, even though no harm happened, but cause harm with their restrictions- it doesn't matter which side of the equation you find yourself on- denying Truth will always lead to conflict and ALL conflict begins when one imposes his will on another- it has no political bias, it just is.
History is little more than a long list of conflicts. Even our highest ideals of equality, liberty and reason were birthed in strife and bloodshed. It's terrible but it seems humanity has never advanced away from the caves by any other means. Intellectuals have always stood by saying "can't we all just get along?" but unfortunately they are usually the first to go into the mass grave.

Plenty of progress has been made with peaceful change. You are just making excuses for your side's use of political violence against your enemies.

For example, Vietnam, the War on Drugs, Prohibition, WMD lies about Iraq, federal gun control, 3 Strikes, etc.,
The wholesale rights of millions of people have been deliberately and illegally abused.

We are backsliding because of violent mobs in the streets and one side of the political divide deciding to not respect the peaceful transfer of power.

Riots are not democracy.

Yep....but the people on the left don't believe that........they can't help themselves.

The left historically never supported gun control.

For example, the biggest move towards federal gun control came in 1986, after Reagan was shot.
You are correct the democratic party currently supports gun control for some reason, but I think most leftists do not?

We are backsliding because of violent mobs in the streets and one side of the political divide deciding to not respect the peaceful transfer of power.

In general I am on the side of the violent mobs in the street.
First of all, they have nothing to gain that is corrupt, and are risking themselves over principle.
Second is that police have been more and more abusive for decades.
Every time I drive the old truck on a remodeling dump run, I get stopped and have police illegally endanger me by actually pointing guns as me, for no legal reason at all.
I have never seen violent mobs who were in the wrong.
Not once.
And in fact, it does not get to that until LONG after something should have been done to fix the problems the mobs are complaining about.
From what I have seen, we need MORE violent mobs, not fewer.
For example, the miltiary is too big, expensive, lying to us about things like Iraqi WMD, etc.

is denying me equality.

No one can decide if you have a right to celebrate something or not, without knowing what it is.
There are lots of things that should not be celebrated, such as mass murder, rape, genocide, slavery, etc.

No other group, has their celebration of their heritage and/or culture subject to such scrutiny.

Thus, it is not equality.

THus, the previous poster's point about equality, is completely wrong.

And him calling us, "fascists" for wanting equality, is him adding insult to injury.

You want a civil war? Because this is how you get a civil war.

First of all, they have nothing to gain that is corrupt, and are risking themselves over principle.
Every time I drive the old truck on a remodeling dump run, I get stopped and have police illegally endanger me by actually pointing guns as me, for no legal reason at all.
Not once.
And in fact, it does not get to that until LONG after something should have been done to fix the problems the mobs are complaining about.
For example, the miltiary is too big, expensive, lying to us about things like Iraqi WMD, etc.

1. Thank you for your honesty.

2. The violent mobs are led by marxists and filled by anti-white racists. Marxism is the moral equal of Nazism. That you support them, is you supporting genocide and tyranny.

3. I find it hard to believe that cops are pointing guns at you, regularly without cause.

4. If you use violent mobs to advance your goals, don't whine when people fight back with violence of their own.

is denying me equality.

Freedom's a bitch, ain't it?

Like all leftists, you want to police thought, you want people's opinions silenced through threat of government violence.

That's unAmerican.

is denying me equality.

No other group, has their celebration of their heritage and/or culture subject to such scrutiny.

And him calling us, "fascists" for wanting equality, is him adding insult to injury.

No, everyone is subject to that much scrutiny or more.
Lots of religions like Voodoo, Islam, Zoroastrianism, etc., are treated much more harshly by others.
And if your heritage celebrates slavery, that would be wrong.
Equality is not inherent but deserved by good behavoir.
We discriminate against criminals all the time, as we should.
So you have to defend the culture you wish to celebrate, if you want us to be tolerant of it.

Not once.

1. Thank you for your honesty.

2. The violent mobs are led by marxists and filled by anti-white racists. Marxism is the moral equal of Nazism. That you support them, is you supporting genocide and tyranny.

3. I find it hard to believe that cops are pointing guns at you, regularly without cause.

4. If you use violent mobs to advance your goals, don't whine when people fight back with violence of their own.

There is always a risk that when you start falling back on mob action, that you can be manipulated by someone.
The American Revolution had some of that even.
But I do not believe there is any foreign or evil influence behind these riots in general.
Marxists are pretty much a fake propaganda element that does not really exist.

As for cops pointing guns at me, happens every time I drive the old truck and wear cammo for a dump run. Never happens when I drive the nice car, while dressed normally.
So the police are bigots and you don't realize it because it has not happened to you.

Violent mobs are bad and dangerous, but there is no alternative.
The police have made themselves immune to community feelings or even common law.
They have made themselves above the law, which is not tolerable.

is denying me equality.

Like all leftists, you want to police thought, you want people's opinions silenced through threat of government violence.

That's unAmerican.

How is censoring things like statues on public land, silencing opinion?
Things like slavery were not based on opinions, but only about profits from actions everyone knew was morally reprehensible. There is no opinion that can defend slavery. It is like trying to defend murder, theft, or rape. It can not be done.

is denying me equality.

No, everyone is subject to that much scrutiny or more.
Lots of religions like Voodoo, Islam, Zoroastrianism, etc., are treated much more harshly by others.
And if your heritage celebrates slavery, that would be wrong.
Equality is not inherent but deserved by good behavoir.
We discriminate against criminals all the time, as we should.
So you have to defend the culture you wish to celebrate, if you want us to be tolerant of it.

No one else is subject to having their celebration of their heritage judged like this.

Your claim is just false.

You want to have a civil war? This is how you have a civil war.

is denying me equality.

That's unAmerican.

How is censoring things like statues on public land, silencing opinion?
Things like slavery were not based on opinions, but only about profits from actions everyone knew was morally reprehensible. There is no opinion that can defend slavery. It is like trying to defend murder, theft, or rape. It can not be done.
This may come as a shock to you, but people's opinions do not require your approval. People are allowed to think what they want.

Until people like you get in power.

We have to stand up to antifa so that they are unable to implement the fascism that they so desperately crave in America.

What "fascism"? Aside of one 17 year old kid who shot three antifa attackers out of self-defense, I don't see armed people rounding up protesters and shipping them off to camps, do you? The fascism you refer to is being carried out by Democrat Mayors and Governors under the banner of "coronoavirus." Shutting down businesses, locking people down at home, or the possibility of forced vaccinations sounds a lot like fascism to me Bubba. It was also those Democrat Mayors and Governors who allowed black-clad fascists to run wild in the cities, assaulting people, burning buildings, and looting. You seem to have a very skewed sense of what's happening in this country.
Remember when the Trumpbots were begging Trump to send in the army on the cities experiencing civil unrest? Of course you don't.

Why do you support arson and looting?

We have to stand up to antifa so that they are unable to implement the fascism that they so desperately crave in America.
BUT BUT BUT IVE BEEN TOLD BURNING BUILDINGS AND LOOTING STORES IS DEMOCRACY

What "fascism"? Aside of one 17 year old kid who shot three antifa attackers out of self-defense, I don't see armed people rounding up protesters and shipping them off to camps, do you? The fascism you refer to is being carried out by Democrat Mayors and Governors under the banner of "coronoavirus." Shutting down businesses, locking people down at home, or the possibility of forced vaccinations sounds a lot like fascism to me Bubba. It was also those Democrat Mayors and Governors who allowed black-clad fascists to run wild in the cities, assaulting people, burning buildings, and looting. You seem to have a very skewed sense of what's happening in this country.
Remember when the Trumpbots were begging Trump to send in the army on the cities experiencing civil unrest? Of course you don't.

Why do you support arson and looting?
He gets free shit.

You'll notice nobody ever loots workboots.

Forum List

Back