A Handgun Against An Army – Ten Years After

So what do you do when the most heavily armed segment of society wants fascism? That's what we have now. All those guns don't mean shit when their owners are practically begging the federal government and the army to put down protests and kill democracy.

What "fascism"? Aside of one 17 year old kid who shot three antifa attackers out of self-defense, I don't see armed people rounding up protesters and shipping them off to camps, do you? The fascism you refer to is being carried out by Democrat Mayors and Governors under the banner of "coronoavirus." Shutting down businesses, locking people down at home, or the possibility of forced vaccinations sounds a lot like fascism to me Bubba. It was also those Democrat Mayors and Governors who allowed black-clad fascists to run wild in the cities, assaulting people, burning buildings, and looting. You seem to have a very skewed sense of what's happening in this country.
Remember when the Trumpbots were begging Trump to send in the army on the cities experiencing civil unrest? Of course you don't.

Of course I do. Wouldn't you want the military to step in if your businesses were being burned down and looted?

So what do you do when the most heavily armed segment of society wants fascism? That's what we have now. All those guns don't mean shit when their owners are practically begging the federal government and the army to put down protests and kill democracy.

What "fascism"? Aside of one 17 year old kid who shot three antifa attackers out of self-defense, I don't see armed people rounding up protesters and shipping them off to camps, do you? The fascism you refer to is being carried out by Democrat Mayors and Governors under the banner of "coronoavirus." Shutting down businesses, locking people down at home, or the possibility of forced vaccinations sounds a lot like fascism to me Bubba. It was also those Democrat Mayors and Governors who allowed black-clad fascists to run wild in the cities, assaulting people, burning buildings, and looting. You seem to have a very skewed sense of what's happening in this country.
Remember when the Trumpbots were begging Trump to send in the army on the cities experiencing civil unrest? Of course you don't.

Of course I do. Wouldn't you want the military to step in if your businesses were being burned down and looted?
It is a definitive fascist position that no amount of government force is excessive in protecting the public order and that unapproved mass protests should be put down.

“What Good Can A Handgun Do Against an Army?”

A friend of mine forwarded me a question a friend of his had posed:

“If/when our Federal Government comes to pilfer, pillage, plunder our property and destroy our lives, what good can a handgun do against an army with advanced weaponry, tanks, missiles, planes, or whatever else they might have at their disposal to achieve their nefarious goals? (I’m not being facetious: I accept the possibility that what happened in Germany, or similar, could happen here; I’m just not sure that the potential good from an armed citizenry in such a situation outweighs the day-to-day problems caused by masses of idiots who own guns.)”

If I may, I’d like to try to answer that question. I certainly do not think the writer facetious for asking it. The subject is a serious one to which I have given much research and considerable thought. I believe that upon the answer to this question depends the future of our Constitutional republic, our liberty and perhaps our lives.

My friend Aaron Zelman, one of the founders of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership told me once:

“If every Jewish and anti-nazi family in Germany had owned a Mauser rifle and twenty rounds of ammunition AND THE WILL TO USE IT (emphasis supplied – MBV), Adolf Hitler would be a little-known footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic.”

Note well that phrase: “and the will to use it,” for the simply-stated question, “What good can a handgun do against an army?”, is in fact a complex one and must be answered at length and carefully.

It is a military question.

It is also a political question.

But above all it is a moral question which strikes to the heart of what makes men free, and what makes them slaves.

First, let’s answer the military question.

Opening snip
Read it all

S.p.o.r.K

Interesting article and even more interesting sentiments/ideas. please allow me to add some hardcore realism to this discussion in hopes of not sounding like an arrogant prick, although and sometimes according to my wife, I was born to be just that.

The United States Army will not be coming for us, individually, for many years to come, to oppress us and/or haul us off to concentration camps. Who WILL be coming for us imminently, should we refuse quarantine lockdown orders and/or to take the vaccine, is the police—local, state and federal combined. There are two fundamental differences between the "cops" and regular army soldiers. Listen up because they are not "pretty" or pleasant differences. Soldiers are trained, prepared, intended and mandated (by our Constitution and other pesky regs) to engage and kill foreign enemy combatants 99% of the time when they are deployed with live ammunition. Their use as a domestic occupational police force is both next to unheard of and extremely rare and can come only with very specific Presidential or Executive authorizations. Got it? Good.

The police or law enforcement on the other hand, are trained, prepared, intended to and mandated to view us, the American People as THE ENEMY, or as a perpetual potential enemy. American soldiers must obey very specific ROE or Rules of Engagement even during SHTF engagements on foreign soil. Cops . . . well, cops are an entirely different story. There's not a goddamned thing preventing a cop from opening fire on any one of us "free" Americans at any time, anywhere, any place. In other words, cops are fully licensed to kill any one of us at the drop of a hat for nearly any reason. Sure—after an officer involved shooting investigations will be conducted and the shooter cop could be prosecuted or lose his badge. But that won't matter in the long run, because you or someone you love will still be dead.

Sounds like I am making cops out to be the supreme enemy of the American People, huh? Well, no not really. Look, in my small business I work very closely with law enforcement in a training and advisory role. In one local county here in Maryland I work with a police force 2000 members strong that is not a city department. In effect this county department is a small army in every sense of the word. They've got over 1800 "foot soldiers" all of them mobile, a small fleet of rotary aircraft, armored vehicles, SWAT commandos, rapid-reaction special weapon teams, and many other "surprises" and all of it is ready to respond to kill local county citizens if need be. They are, if you live in this county, the force that will come for you IF the county government wants to crush you, kill you, imprison, detain or reeducate you on the dangers of COVID-19 or whatever else.

The good news in all of this is that there aren't enough cops in most local departments, county or city wide, to "herd" up all local citizens. The bad news is there doesn't have to be. Because the way the local police are "wired" is to swiftly make examples of any small "uprisings" of the local population. These examples are meant to deter larger resistance and it almost always works. Even worse news? Failing to contain an uprising with available assets local police departments WILL call in backup from neighboring PDs, state police and, if need be, federal law enforcement agencies. Essentially you'd be facing an army of infinite size—all of it connected by state of the art instant communication.

But let us return to the substance of your article in closing. If a citizen joins a citizen's resistance group, uses his handgun to appropriate better weaponry, then he or she will not only be hounded by hundreds of cops out for vengeance but also be vilified by the media and be viewed by his or her fellow Americans as a criminal at best, a terrorist at worst. Resistance itself here in America isn't impossible by any means. However, convincing fellow Americans that your cause is justified or getting them to join in with you damn near is.

All in all I agree: the armed citizen is a full citizen through and through. However, the weapon the citizen is armed with is much less important than the mettle of the citizen himself. Anyone can pick up a pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle and point it in the enemy's general direction. Not everyone or many people at all can eliminate an enemy without hesitation or survive their first enemy contact.

It is a definitive fascist position that no amount of government force is excessive in protecting the public order and that unapproved mass protests should be put down.

Just stop already. The Mayors and Democrats weren't doing what they were supposed to. The purpose of government is to protect it people, and that what the troops were sent to do.

Just stop already. The Mayors and Democrats weren't doing what they were supposed to. The purpose of government is to protect it people, and that what the troops were sent to do.
Thankfully Trump never decided to declare war on Americans but I feel it was a close thing. You might want to acknowledge that the closest we have come to a forceful federal takeover of a local government came at the hands of a president the gun nutters fully supported. It's the kind of thing they always said they would oppose with their guns and lives.

Maybe read the OP before responding next time

“If every Jewish and anti-nazi family in Germany had owned a Mauser rifle and twenty rounds of ammunition AND THE WILL TO USE IT (emphasis supplied – MBV), Adolf Hitler would be a little-known footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic.”
Yeah I read it but we are not Germany and the gun nutters are not an oppressed minority no matter how much they like to think so.

But we are not Germany precisely because of the well armed gun nutters.
If there instead were complete gun control, do you really think the US would be any better than 1935 Germany in less than a decade?
Once there is gun control, there is nothing to stop an oppressive government.
And go back and review how corrupt our government already is, like the millions of people illegally harmed by fascist government actions like Prohibition, the War in Vietnam, the War on Drugs, the invasion of Iraq over WMD lies, etc.

There was very little looting and burning, and like with the LA riots, and business owner with gun could easily protect their property.
If the governors and mayors had been watching over the police in order to stop murders, the riots would not have been necessary.

Thankfully Trump never decided to declare war on Americans but I feel it was a close thing. You might want to acknowledge that the closest we have come to a forceful federal takeover of a local government came at the hands of a president the gun nutters fully supported. It's the kind of thing they always said they would oppose with their guns and lives.

That is not at all true.
The worst excess of federal take over of our society was the 1994 Federal Crime Act, signed by Bill Clinton, that federalized the War on Drugs, make 3 Strikes the law even though it is illegal, mandated drug testing, etc.

I am far more leftist than anyone else on this board, and I voted for Clinton, but looking back, he was about the most fascist president we ever had.

That is not at all true.
The worst excess of federal take over of our society was the 1994 Federal Crime Act, signed by Bill Clinton, that federalized the War on Drugs, make 3 Strikes the law even though it is illegal, mandated drug testing, etc.

I am far more leftist than anyone else on this board, and I voted for Clinton, but looking back, he was about the most fascist president we ever had.
That was not just Clinton, he signed what congress sent him. All of it was eventually upheld by the supreme court. The crack epidemic scared a lot of people on both sides of the aisle and the voters demanded action. In hindsight it was wrong.

Flash forward to the present day. The same kind of people are again seeing scary black people on TV and demanding something be done. Some think that some brute force would be preferable to simply listening to their complaints.

Dear Diary:

Today I learned "fascism" means "wanting the government to stop interfering in everyone's lives".

Of course, it was a complete idiot who said it, so...

Every social issue is a battle of perspectives.
Indeed- battle is very fitting. What many don't seem to want to acknowledge is History- those "battles" lead to blood shed- there is little to no need for blood shed in this case- one group announces it wants to preserve Liberty- another denounces Liberty with vitriol as though it would be the end of the world- exercising Liberty is a Natural, inherent right, as in UNalienable, not INalienable (which the author failed to recognize, btw) - the stupid sheep want to deny Liberty, except to their "gain"- their "perspective" is clouded, narrow and shallow from indoctrination by fools who wouldn't know Truth if it was tattooed onto their forehead where they had to see it every time they pass a mirror and look at themselves, which is often- to exercise Liberty is a natural happening- it can't and won't be stopped- it can, and is, restricted by sheep justifying to their flock that it is the right thing to do, even though no harm happened, but cause harm with their restrictions- it doesn't matter which side of the equation you find yourself on- denying Truth will always lead to conflict and ALL conflict begins when one imposes his will on another- it has no political bias, it just is.
History is little more than a long list of conflicts. Even our highest ideals of equality, liberty and reason were birthed in strife and bloodshed. It's terrible but it seems humanity has never advanced away from the caves by any other means. Intellectuals have always stood by saying "can't we all just get along?" but unfortunately they are usually the first to go into the mass grave.
And history has shown it's always leftists putting people in mass graves.

No one has ever adequately explained how leftists will not do the same here if given unchecked power. How 'bout we just don't give 'em that power? They can't be trusted with it.

That's because the local Democrats were refusing to enforce the law, to the detriment of the citizenry.

Wrong. Mass civil violence should be put down. Protests are fine, even if y'all don't pick up your own trash.

wants more government.jpg

“What Good Can A Handgun Do Against an Army?”
People fraternize in the Army and speak in masonic allegories. In that language,
  • A “handgun” is the weapon of a Non-Commissioned Officer whose spoken orders must be obeyed by infantry troops.
  • “The pen is mightier than the sword” refers specifically to the written orders of a Commissioned Officer being of higher rank than the rifles and bayonets carried by infantrymen.

Dear Diary:

Today I learned "fascism" means "wanting the government to stop interfering in everyone's lives".

Of course, it was a complete idiot who said it, so...

That is totally wrong.
Fascism is when the wealthy elite gain control of the government and commit abuses such as 22% interest rates on loans, monopolies like the current health care industry, tax exemptions for the wealthy, etc.
Public schools, transportation, health care, etc., is not "interferring".
Everyone wants those things.
The only way to provide them is through government.

Every social issue is a battle of perspectives.
Indeed- battle is very fitting. What many don't seem to want to acknowledge is History- those "battles" lead to blood shed- there is little to no need for blood shed in this case- one group announces it wants to preserve Liberty- another denounces Liberty with vitriol as though it would be the end of the world- exercising Liberty is a Natural, inherent right, as in UNalienable, not INalienable (which the author failed to recognize, btw) - the stupid sheep want to deny Liberty, except to their "gain"- their "perspective" is clouded, narrow and shallow from indoctrination by fools who wouldn't know Truth if it was tattooed onto their forehead where they had to see it every time they pass a mirror and look at themselves, which is often- to exercise Liberty is a natural happening- it can't and won't be stopped- it can, and is, restricted by sheep justifying to their flock that it is the right thing to do, even though no harm happened, but cause harm with their restrictions- it doesn't matter which side of the equation you find yourself on- denying Truth will always lead to conflict and ALL conflict begins when one imposes his will on another- it has no political bias, it just is.
History is little more than a long list of conflicts. Even our highest ideals of equality, liberty and reason were birthed in strife and bloodshed. It's terrible but it seems humanity has never advanced away from the caves by any other means. Intellectuals have always stood by saying "can't we all just get along?" but unfortunately they are usually the first to go into the mass grave.
And history has shown it's always leftists putting people in mass graves.

No one has ever adequately explained how leftists will not do the same here if given unchecked power. How 'bout we just don't give 'em that power? They can't be trusted with it.

Wrong.
Russia and China are about the most capitalist countries in the world, and always have been.
Stalin was not at all communist or socialist, but was out for personal profit, so was capitalist.
Communism is collaborative, communal, and cooperative, so it pretty much always has to be democratic and local.
When a system is not collaborative, communal, or cooperative, and is instead controlled by a central, wealthy, elite, that is capitalism.

That's because the local Democrats were refusing to enforce the law, to the detriment of the citizenry.

The highest priority is to stop police murdering innocent people.

Wrong. Mass civil violence should be put down. Protests are fine, even if y'all don't pick up your own trash.

When the protest are over murders by police, and are succeeding, there is not limit to what the protestors should do until there finally is change.
Mass civil violence is always appropriate when other means fail to end government abuses.
Read Patrick Henry or Thomas Jefferson.

Forum List

Back