CDZ A Growing Problem For Message Boards?

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
As some of you may know we had a FORMER "member go on a shooting spree. Well now ANOTHER has FOUR members that have gone on a shooting spree.
This is starting to be a problem I think as it draws more and more attention to the OTHER members of the board.

The way I see it some "Deep Pockets" lawyer will go after somebody with money NOT the damn criminal and two, The federal government COULD apply new restrictions to server owners that are passed down to site members in the form of new rules. It would NOT be the first time OR the first country.

Current site rules are pretty much left up the state or country the server is in. Criminal laws are pretty much regulated FROM the state the poster is in. I found this out recently when something I posted in Finland was ruled illegal but the state I posted it FROM it was NOT illegal. Thus no charge. However I am still banned from Finland.

The other sites name will appear in the story of the Yahoo link I post just like ours did. That site does NOT have the reputation as a "hate" site. Its reputation IS based on being just about one of the best hack sites going. I think Obama and the democrats will use this to restrict content/speech on the net. Might be six months might be a year but I DO think its coming.
4chan Tentatively Linked to Shooting at Black Lives Matter Rally in Minneapolis

Fury

The government can and will do this.

each site is a privately owned biz, by telling the biz what it can and can't can, the Fed can remove our 1st w/o ever actually doing it.

Is more government swell?

• Banned
Freedom of speech. We need to make damn sure that our first amendment rights are respect online.
The net like anything can be used for good or bad. When its used for bad that is where we start picking up restrictions. And linking those four shooters to one board is NOT good for that board.

As some of you may know we had a FORMER "member go on a shooting spree. Well now ANOTHER has FOUR members that have gone on a shooting spree.
This is starting to be a problem I think as it draws more and more attention to the OTHER members of the board.

The way I see it some "Deep Pockets" lawyer will go after somebody with money NOT the damn criminal and two, The federal government COULD apply new restrictions to server owners that are passed down to site members in the form of new rules. It would NOT be the first time OR the first country.

Current site rules are pretty much left up the state or country the server is in. Criminal laws are pretty much regulated FROM the state the poster is in. I found this out recently when something I posted in Finland was ruled illegal but the state I posted it FROM it was NOT illegal. Thus no charge. However I am still banned from Finland.

The other sites name will appear in the story of the Yahoo link I post just like ours did. That site does NOT have the reputation as a "hate" site. Its reputation IS based on being just about one of the best hack sites going. I think Obama and the democrats will use this to restrict content/speech on the net. Might be six months might be a year but I DO think its coming.

Fury

That's because you live in that weird-ass little Paranoia Bubble.

Might wanna go get some fresh air from time to time.

• Banned

each site is a privately owned biz, by telling the biz what it can and can't can, the Fed can remove our 1st w/o ever actually doing it.

It would not surprise me one bit if the government has ALREADY run a "server replicator" program on that site and downloaded
every bit of info on it.

• Banned

Fury

NO paranoia to it. You don't think this site was under the scope at least for a bit after OUR FORMER member pulled his crap?
Grow up and look at FACTS.

You know HOW the government got "Silk Road?" Snowden had Thor for a search engine on his computer. And "Silk Road" used Thor encription so with one they got the other.

It would not surprise me one bit if the government has ALREADY run a "server replicator" program on that site and downloaded
every bit of info on it.
Why go through all that effort when a search warrant would be cheaper and faster?

any site so reliant on people coming into it is going to give the Fed whatever it demands quickly and quietly so it can keep running.

• Banned

every bit of info on it.
Why go through all that effort when a search warrant would be cheaper and faster?

any site so reliant on people coming into it is going to give the Fed whatever it demands quickly and quietly so it can keep running.
ALL they need is the servers bandwidth number which they ALREADY have. The government server is then moved in between the member {you} and the host server. It gets everything Storage files and compressed data. Email addy's the whole bit. No warrant needed just a bandwidth code.

Fury

Says the government minion.

No, actually that was my post.

Really? You think that the government reads this stuff?

Just in case you are right.

Fuck off Obama! You are a lying scumbag of the first order. If there were any justice in this world you would have been impeached already! You are not just the worst president ever, you are a sorry excuse for a human being.

Again, fuck the hell off asshole!

If they scan a site enough to figure FOUR shooters all came from ONE site? Yeah, they do. May not be daily but they see who is talking to who. That site will be under their "lens" for a bit.

I agree that "they" can read all this stuff and yes it is likely that sites like this will be more scrutinized if members or former members commit crimes. FB pages get a close look after somebody does a shooting. Places like this are surely getting the same treatment.

It seems inevitable that we'll see more monitoring. It'll be sold as "pro active" measures to seek out "warnings" and "red flags" buried in online conversations.

By the way, do we know for sure that some USMB members were indeed shooters? How about some details.

Really? You think that the government reads this stuff?

Just in case you are right.

Fuck off Obama! You are a lying scumbag of the first order. If there were any justice in this world you would have been impeached already! You are not just the worst president ever, you are a sorry excuse for a human being.

Again, fuck the hell off asshole!
alls it takes is one lawyer willing to go that far, and sue a site

now you might be thinking; "no fucking way would....."

but understand, there is a lawyer that makes a living suing buildings, clubs, etc, for not having more women bathrooms than mens

why do you think the words **** and ****** are edited again?

Fury

Sites aren't culpable. Be like blaming a cell carrier because conspirators used it to coordinate.

Fury

NO paranoia to it. You don't think this site was under the scope at least for a bit after OUR FORMER member pulled his crap?
Grow up and look at FACTS.

You know HOW the government got "Silk Road?" Snowden had Thor for a search engine on his computer. And "Silk Road" used Thor encription so with one they got the other.
Oh geez. That Silk Road analysis demonstrates how absolutely tiny your grasp on this issue is.

Last edited:
I agree that "they" can read all this stuff and yes it is likely that sites like this will be more scrutinized if members or former members commit crimes. FB pages get a close look after somebody does a shooting. Places like this are surely getting the same treatment.

It seems inevitable that we'll see more monitoring. It'll be sold as "pro active" measures to seek out "warnings" and "red flags" buried in online conversations.

By the way, do we know for sure that some USMB members were indeed shooters? How about some details.
From THIS shooting they were NOT. But the shooting at that black church WAS.

If they scan a site enough to figure FOUR shooters all came from ONE site? Yeah, they do. May not be daily but they see who is talking to who. That site will be under their "lens" for a bit.

Which shooters are you referring to? I wasn't aware of shooters who were tied to a message board.
If you read the link in the OP it gives the name of the site all four were members of. And a couple of screen names.

Forum List

Back