A good sign that a source is trying to manipulate you...

Anomalism

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2020
How many of you have read some article that had pictures of a politician at awkward moments to intentionally make them look crazy or stupid? Sources like that are pretty obviously not neutral in their approach and everything they say should be absorbed with that knowledge in mind. Information outlets from both sides utilize this strategy a lot. Feel free to contribute more ideas for how we might identify bias.

How many of you have read some article that had pictures of a politician at awkward moments to intentionally make them look crazy or stupid? Sources like that are pretty obviously not neutral in their approach and everything they say should be absorbed with that knowledge in mind. Information outlets from both sides utilize this strategy a lot. Feel free to contribute more ideas for how we might identify bias.
What if they always look crazy or stupid?
Look at Gary Johnson... lol

What if they always look crazy or stupid?
Look at Gary Johnson... lol

He's just ugly. lol
1610027883269.png

1610027899513.png

The Libertarian Party is their own downfall. Nominating a retard like this? lol

Memory moment: "I buy it for the articles, not the pictures."

But back to the point.... Starting with the George W Bush administration I began liking those sort of pictures and disassociating them from the contents of the article. They cropped up so much it was obvious they were trying to paint him as a fool but for me it showed his human side that I could easily associate with. A feeling of, I'm laughing with him and not at him. I absolutely hated his presidency starting with the Iraq War. But I always admired his character and I believe those idiotic pictures of him helped in that regard.

What has got my goat over the years have been the headline writers. Concerning the topic here I know that is easy pickings as their intent is to go overboard in arousing emotion to bring you into the article beneath. The most irritating ones are those that end in a question mark. Upon seeing an "?" at the end of a headline my immediate thought is why are you asking me?

Forum List

Back