Texas teen banned by high school from attending graduation after refusing to cut dreadlocks

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Black Texas teen barred from high school after not cutting dreadlocks

Deandre, Kaden, I am so sorry you're experiencing this. No one should be harassed, punished, or fired for hairstyles that are true to themselves and their cultural heritage

"Stories like these are exactly why I sponsored the CROWN Act, which would ban discrimination based on hair textures and hairstyles that are commonly associated with a particular race or national origin." - Crazy Cory Booker

guy-with-super-long-dreads.jpg

No botty move...no botty get urt!

You need to have dress codes in school.They shouldn't be able to look like the Statue of Liberty either.
12079644_10207775339012245_7853770560555407456_n.jpg

Why do dreads smell?
When this happens, the inside of each dread will stay damp - thereby causing a kind of rot to form over time. This may then cause the hair to have a noticeable odour. In this case, people with locks will probably realise that their hair smells - this sometimes causes them to cut their hair.

https://www.quora.com/Do-people-with-dreads-realize-how-badly-their-hair-smells
Yes Veronica...******* are gross.

That's uncalled for. Some are, some aren't. I've seen some very well dressed black men who smell and look great. I'm watching Live PD right now, and there are two ghetto trash people getting arrested, one black and one white.

Why do dreads smell?
When this happens, the inside of each dread will stay damp - thereby causing a kind of rot to form over time. This may then cause the hair to have a noticeable odour. In this case, people with locks will probably realise that their hair smells - this sometimes causes them to cut their hair.

That's uncalled for. Some are, some aren't. I've seen some very well dressed black men who smell and look great.
What? You know...my granny (rest her soul) used to have this little poodle. She would get that things nails painted blue...buy it sweaters...get its hair cut...sharp lookin little dog.

Why do dreads smell?

That's uncalled for. Some are, some aren't. I've seen some very well dressed black men who smell and look great.
What? You know...my granny (rest her soul) used to have this little poodle. She would get that things nails painted blue...buy it sweaters...get its hair cut...sharp lookin little dog.

They are humans of another color. So what? I will agree that there are a lot of problems in the black community, but I will not agree that all black people are gross. Like all people, some are and some aren't. I've seen plenty of white scumbag losers too.

Why do dreads smell?

They are humans of another color. So what? I will agree that there are a lot of problems in the black community, but I will not agree that all black people are gross. Like all people, some are and some aren't. I've seen plenty of white scumbag losers too.
Well...we all have our opinion on the matter. I respect yours.

Forum List

Back