A better world without American Revolution

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
The world might have been a better place if the American Revolution had never happened, according to Andrew Roberts, author of The Last King of America: The Misunderstood Reign of George III.

In a review of the book in the February 7, 2022, edition of National Review, Roberts is quoted: “a world in which the American Revolution never took place could have been one in which a united British-American global empire would have been far too powerful for Kaiser Wilhelm II to threaten war in 1914, so no Bolshevik Revolution, no Adolf Hitler, no Cold War.” He also suggested, “British and Canadian liberals joining with Northern abolitionists might have voted to abolish slavery in the 1830s or 1840s, sparing the United States its Civil War.”

As a believer in the Multiverse, I suspect Roberts’ alternative timeline exists somewhere.

The world might have been a better place if the American Revolution had never happened, according to Andrew Roberts, author of The Last King of America: The Misunderstood Reign of George III.

In a review of the book in the February 7, 2022, edition of National Review, Roberts is quoted: “a world in which the American Revolution never took place could have been one in which a united British-American global empire would have been far too powerful for Kaiser Wilhelm II to threaten war in 1914, so no Bolshevik Revolution, no Adolf Hitler, no Cold War.” He also suggested, “British and Canadian liberals joining with Northern abolitionists might have voted to abolish slavery in the 1830s or 1840s, sparing the United States its Civil War.”

As a believer in the Multiverse, I suspect Roberts’ alternative timeline exists somewhere.
If America can't accomplish an empire that's too powerful to defeat, then it can't be done with Britain's help.

There has been no time in history where America had the power to accomplish it's goal of world domination, in which other great powers weren't nuclear arms capable.

And besides, America's huge race problem and racism problems are not other country's problems, and hence America would gain no sympathy from Britain and Canada.

America dealt with it slavery issue in the appropriate way, but the south never did accept defeat and then only went on to more resentment and crimes against the black population. The south is only represented by losers who can never rise above their racism. It's going to require several more generations.

Today, there is no escape from the race problem, and much less no resolve to accomplish such.

Without the American Revolution, the system of monarchies on the European continent would have continued. Perhaps the British Empire would have been too thinned out and America would have ended up as a French or Spanish dependency.

Unlikely that we would have had the industrial revolution in this country and all of the innovation. My own people would have probably stayed in central Europe.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is why anything and everything man builds or achieves will not last. The Roman Catholic Church found this out the hard way.

If the colonies remained under the thumb of the mentally impaired king of England Germany wouldn't have become powerful enough in the early 20th century to threaten it's neighbors? What an absurd theory. The fledgling America invented the modern concept of government by the people and even England followed suit along with the rest of the civilized world.

What if Superman had landed in Russia in the 1930's, and not Kansas?

2983183.jpg

Well, the U.S. stole most of it's 'industrial revolution' from the Scots and Brits and French, but the U.S. did give Europe an outlet for its population pressures and provided it with a massive amount of raw materials and cross-fertilized a lot of innovation spurs for sure. It allowed a large middle class to eventually develop and social mobility long gone from Europe, so we didn't suffer the effects of an inbred aristocracy. Of course those advantages have all disappeared since the 1970's and Reagan's war on the working class, which let the financial sector run without any anti-trust enforcement and ended social mobility in the U.S., substituting massive consumer debt for a false 'prosperity' and encouraged a massive increase in global terrorism.

We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals.
You
build
atomic
bombs,
you
wage
wars,
you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.
from hacker manifesto

In a review of the book in the February 7, 2022, edition of National Review, Roberts is quoted: “a world in which the American Revolution never took place could have been one in which a united British-American global empire would have been far too powerful for Kaiser Wilhelm II

who had been also a proud Brit and had been educated from his grandma Queen Victoria (that's why existed his absurde ideas about huns, colonialism and an extremly dimensioned navy). The Brits fought against their own ideas when they fought against the ideas of William II.

to threaten war in 1914, so no Bolshevik Revolution, no Adolf Hitler, no Cold War.” He also suggested, “British and Canadian liberals joining with Northern abolitionists might have voted to abolish slavery in the 1830s or 1840s, sparing the United States its Civil War.”

Not really. The USA is a child of the European enligtenment. And the enlightenment is essential.

Last edited:

Neville Chamberlain would have still appeased his way into it​

The background of this politics had it been to bring Russia and Germany into a war with each other - and to save in this way the rest of the British empire. A little more patience and it had worked. But before Hilter had been able to attack Russia he had to eliminate Poland (what he did do ironically with the help of Russia). And so England declared war on Germany - wan this war - and lost the rest of the British empire.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back