83% of Americans are identified as Christians

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
83% of Americans are identified as Christians - More religious statistics in America and around the world

"Eighty-three percent of Americans identify themselves as Christians. Most of the rest, 13 percent, have no religion. That leaves just 4 percent as adherents of all non-Christian religions combined — Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and a smattering of individual mentions."

83% is such a high percentage of the population. Thought it was close to 60-40 or even 50-50 (christian and non-christian)

A person can claim to be whatever he chooses. I read a piece a few years ago that stated that in reality, only about 2% were really Christians in the sense that they were actually saved and true followers of Christ which is the definition of "Christian".

Far more than 83% of americans allow others to identify who and what they are, and then turn right around and do the same to others.

These surveys are very innacurate since in multi-ethnic countries like america people will identify as their religion the same way they would their ethnicity or ancestral background rather than their actual beleifs. While in european countries were there may only be one or two prominent religions, people are much more likely to identify as atheists

83% of Americans are identified as Christians - More religious statistics in America and around the world

"Eighty-three percent of Americans identify themselves as Christians. Most of the rest, 13 percent, have no religion. That leaves just 4 percent as adherents of all non-Christian religions combined — Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and a smattering of individual mentions."

83% is such a high percentage of the population. Thought it was close to 60-40 or even 50-50 (christian and non-christian)
The source doesn't say anything about how the survey was conducted and has major flaws. Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses are not considered to be Christians. Also, the "other" category and "have no religion" category should be combined since some religions hide behind the "have no religion" description while observing their religion's requirements.

• Banned

The source doesn't say anything about how the survey was conducted and has major flaws. Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses are not considered to be Christians. Also, the "other" category and "have no religion" category should be combined since some religions hide behind the "have no religion" description while observing their religion's requirements.
true i think the poll has flaws

Most of them are lying. Becoming a Christian involves something that the vast majority are incapable of doing. Humbling themselves before God, and asking Him to forgive them. It involves a denial of self, and the determination to follow God, no matter what. Just a guess, but I believe the population of true Christians is below 10%. "Narrow is the gate that leads to life, and few find it."

• Banned

Most of them are lying. Becoming a Christian involves something that the vast majority are incapable of doing. Humbling themselves before God, and asking Him to forgive them. It involves a denial of self, and the determination to follow God, no matter what. Just a guess, but I believe the population of true Christians is below 10%. "Narrow is the gate that leads to life, and few find it."
true, very informative thanks

I agree with the conservative view to protect religious freedom. Respecting religion where the worshipers peacefully assemble is a beautiful part of our Constitution. I will vote Republican this year because I believe in God and freedom of religion.

Forum List

Back