80% packaged US food banned in other countries

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Our meat is banned in many countries but I didn't know this --

555517_600139313371934_198762051_n.jpg

More at these links -

Eighty percent of the packaged foods on our grocers shelves are banned in other countries

According to the new book Rich Food, Poor Food, ingredients commonly found in up to 80 percent of all pre-packaged foods on grocers shelves in the U.S. have been banned in other countries. As alarming as such information is, our food safety outlook becomes even bleaker when we consider other banned and toxic food items.

Learn more: Eighty percent of the packaged foods on our grocers shelves are banned in other countries

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

Thanks to BPA and other chemicals the new age of puberty for girls is 10

Bisphenol A: Officially Declared a Toxic Substance in Canada

Why 160 Countries Say "No" to US Meat

What countries have banned GMO crops? - Mankato Green Culture | Examiner.com

Off The Grid News | Better Ideas For Off The Grid Living

Are the people in these other countries somehow outliving us, or are healthier than we are?

No.

It's like Putin's pig.

It seems like a clever way to discourage imports from the US: look for some 'additive' the US producers use that 'local' ones do not, do some jazzily-promoted 'studies' on it - and claim food with that additive needs to be banned for the public good.

Not insisting the above is what's been happening, but it certainly is possible.

Yanno, there's stuff like formaldehyde in common products like most shampoos.....only thing is, if it weren't in there, your shampoo could be growing all kinds of stuff you don't want to be near.

There was recently a prank played on the public by a radio station that said the DWP was investigating the addition of hydrogen and oxygen to the water supply.

If the Food and Drug administration really kept our food safe, they would ban everything edible or drinkable. It's all dangerous.

Are the people in these other countries somehow outliving us, or are healthier than we are?

Generally speaking, yes, and by quite a bit. According to the CIA. the United States is 51st in life expectancy, just behind Guam and Portugal; and 50th in infant mortality. This is out of 224 nations and the bottom is mostly sub-Saharan Africa and countries with the GDP and health infrastructure of a Nazi extermination camp.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/rankorderguide.html

Last edited:

Generally speaking, yes, and by quite a bit. According to the CIA. the United States is 51st in life expectancy, just behind Guam and Portugal; and 50th in infant mortality. This is out of 224 nations and the bottom is mostly sub-Saharan Africa and countries with the GDP and health infrastructure of a Nazi extermination camp.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/rankorderguide.html

We don't rank 50th in infant mortality. That figure has been thoroughly debunked.

And the reason we rank lower in life expectancy is because Americans have a higher risk of dying in an automobile accident or a violent crime.

1011658_599316343454231_432387418_n.png

And yes - its related.

If people don't have money, they buy shit from McDonalds, chic filet, etc.

We don't rank 50th in infant mortality. That figure has been thoroughly debunked.

And the reason we rank lower in life expectancy is because Americans have a higher risk of dying in an automobile accident or a violent crime.

Looks like that's your opinion. That's fine but can you back it up with links to facts?

No.

It's like Putin's pig.

one would think that conservatives would be against practices that harm the environment & what is produced from it :dunno: After all, the root of the word is "conserve". It prolly all started when Repub-voters started thinking that short-term profit was more important than long-term viability.

Sad state of affairs for the contemporary Repub-voter.

Being an expat, living overseas, I noticed this more and more the longer I stayed away from the states. Living off the local fare, for example, in Stockholm, the smell, taste and texture is definitely noticeable.

In America, the meat industry has done an incredible job making meat look, taste, and smell absolutely delicious, and remove any trace from which it comes. Not sure how they do it, but it definitely raises my eyebrow.

Say My Name - that's interesting. I have not eaten meat for the last 30 years so I can't compare US to other countries. Shopping for food though - I remember that we didn't see near as many packaged "foods".

Real food does not come from boxes with ingredients that can't be pronounced.

The question was first, "Are people in other countries outliving us?" The answer is yes for 50 of them, including almost all of Europe. Nobody asked for specific causes in the original question. If you have any statistics that show that deaths from non-violent, non-accident causes are lower in the United States, I'd be interested in seeing them. I don't think they exist, but since you are the one making a claim, I'll let you do the research.

As for the infant mortality figure, you are blowing through your hat. The figures are reliable enough for the CIA, where is your "thorough debunking"? Of coursed you may not consider well published statistics as reliable and substitute for them whatever you want to make up, but no one else has to share your alternate reality.

Forum List

Back