70 year old grandmother may lose home,business and life savings...

The article was entirely correct. The error was by the florist who should immediately have stopped making wedding arrangements for the general public as soon as same sex marriage was legalized.

Her answer should have been "I no longer make floral arrangements for weddings. I'll sell you the flowers but the arrangement is up to you. "

A florist loses religious freedom and much more - CNN.com

You let it happen America...the fag brigade backed by the fed gov are now attacking 70 year old grandmothers for not condoning their degeneracy

She is being sued because of her violation of anti-discrimination laws.
She is being harassed,intimidated and forced at the point of a gun to give up her livelihood,home and savings...If I was her I would remove ALL savings from bank and leave the state and or country if I could...it doesn't surprise me the gay brigade supporters are trying to rationalize this and make it seem OK.Its these cases where I wish I owned a business. Let the faggots sue me. My business,I can deny service to anyone if I so choose. And there was no "discrimination" if there was "discrimination" she would have NEVER sold them flowers...for any reason.As usual the faggots are trying to force everyone to accept their lifestyle and in reality all they are doing is making more enemies.

Nobody is forcing her to accept a damn thing. There are anti-discrimination laws. If you disagree with them, then work to get them changed or removed. If you own a business you follow the laws or you pay. It is that simple.

She was not asked to condone or celebrate a gay marriage. She had sold them flowers before, so her moral high ground was already gone. The fact that she is a 70 year old grandmother is not relevant at all.

You let it happen America...the fag brigade backed by the fed gov are now attacking 70 year old grandmothers for not condoning their degeneracy

"Stutzman is the Washington florist who has been sued for living out her Christian beliefs. In 2013, a long-time friend and customer came to her flower shop and asked her to provide flowers for his gay wedding. Stutzman had known this man and had done business with him for about nine years. Nevertheless, she told him that she could not participate in his wedding "because of my relationship with Jesus."

The man's partner subsequently spread the word via social media. As a result, the attorney general of Washington State sued Stutzman for violating the state's anti-discrimination law."

That should be the end of the article right there. "violating the state's anti-discrimination law."

If your "relationship with Jesus" is so strong, move to a state that allows discrimination. If you can find one.

The article was entirely correct. The error was by the florist who should immediately have stopped making wedding arrangements for the general public as soon as same sex marriage was legalized.

Her answer should have been "I no longer make floral arrangements for weddings. I'll sell you the flowers but the arrangement is up to you. "

That works.

She was not asked to just sell them flowers but to bring her artistry to the arrangement.

Sell them the flowers but they can't have the talent.

"Stutzman is the Washington florist who has been sued for living out her Christian beliefs. In 2013, a long-time friend and customer came to her flower shop and asked her to provide flowers for his gay wedding. Stutzman had known this man and had done business with him for about nine years. Nevertheless, she told him that she could not participate in his wedding "because of my relationship with Jesus."

The man's partner subsequently spread the word via social media. As a result, the attorney general of Washington State sued Stutzman for violating the state's anti-discrimination law."

That should be the end of the article right there. "violating the state's anti-discrimination law."

If your "relationship with Jesus" is so strong, move to a state that allows discrimination. If you can find one.
Yes its totally discrimination! Its WEDDING DISCRIMINATION! LMAO idiot. Keep trying to justify your criminal acts libtards of the butt fuck brigade.

Some Christian will have to show me chapter and verse where Jesus, or the whole of a Bible forbids Jews or Christians from patronizing LGBT businesses or associating with them, refusing them service, etc. Actually, you know what comes to mind here?

2. DISCRIMINATORY DECREES AGAINST JEWS

Jews were relegated to an inferior status by the denial of common privileges and freedoms.
They were denied employment by press and radio
Discriminatory Decrees Against the Jews

mj1.jpg

image_11.jpg

Nice to see the USA defeating the Nazis didn't result in becomming like them or anything...

Christian service businesses need to move entirely underground and organize outside of the general public.

Some Christian will have to show me chapter and verse where Jesus, or the whole of a Bible forbids Jews or Christians from patronizing LGBT businesses or associating with them, refusing them service, etc. Actually, you know what comes to mind here?

2. DISCRIMINATORY DECREES AGAINST JEWS

Jews were relegated to an inferior status by the denial of common privileges and freedoms.
They were denied employment by press and radio
Discriminatory Decrees Against the Jews

mj1.jpg

image_11.jpg

Nice to see the USA defeating the Nazis didn't result in becomming like them or anything...
You would be correct if gays could not go to a bakery and get biscuits and cookies. Or, if they were deprived by the florist of that bouquet of daisies. They aren't so you are wrong.

Nobody is forcing her to accept a damn thing. There are anti-discrimination laws. If you disagree with them, then work to get them changed or removed. If you own a business you follow the laws or you pay. It is that simple.

She was not asked to condone or celebrate a gay marriage. She had sold them flowers before, so her moral high ground was already gone. The fact that she is a 70 year old grandmother is not relevant at all.
Nobody is forcing her to do anything but if she doesn't do them she will pay hell for it. How does that makes sense to you? Just because government has passed laws it doesn't make them right. There's no hypocrisy to selling flowers to gays but not for a wedding if you believe marriage is a holy union. Your contributing to the marriage is an endorsement of the event.

Government is too involved with our lives, we need to trim it down back to a manageable level.

Nobody is forcing her to do anything but if she doesn't do them she will pay hell for it. How does that makes sense to you? Just because government has passed laws it doesn't make them right. There's no hypocrisy to selling flowers to gays but not for a wedding if you believe marriage is a holy union. Your contributing to the marriage is an endorsement of the event.

Government is too involved with our lives, we need to trim it down back to a manageable level.

Gay marriage is not against her religion. It is homosexuality that is against her religion. But she didn't have a problem with that before.

Either she follows the laws or she catches hell for breaking them. No, it does not make it right. But it does make it the law of the land.

Gay marriage is not against her religion. It is homosexuality that is against her religion. But she didn't have a problem with that before.

Either she follows the laws or she catches hell for breaking them. No, it does not make it right. But it does make it the law of the land.
If she is a orthodox Christian then she would oppose homosexual marriage, believing God unites the union. There's nothing in the Bible that says shun the sinners. To you it's just a coincidence? Unlike yourself, I prefer to let people define their own beliefs. Jim Crow laws were legal too, this one pushes well beyond the founders intent. Sexual preferences aren't even mentioned in the Constitution. Religion is.

She is being harassed,intimidated and forced at the point of a gun to give up her livelihood,home and savings...If I was her I would remove ALL savings from bank and leave the state and or country if I could...it doesn't surprise me the gay brigade supporters are trying to rationalize this and make it seem OK.Its these cases where I wish I owned a business. Let the faggots sue me. My business,I can deny service to anyone if I so choose. And there was no "discrimination" if there was "discrimination" she would have NEVER sold them flowers...for any reason.As usual the faggots are trying to force everyone to accept their lifestyle and in reality all they are doing is making more enemies.

The laws were written to force people to except abnormal behavior.

The laws were written to force people to except abnormal behavior.

Well, lucky for you.

Wouldn't the Constitutional right to freedom of religion, supercede any state discrimination laws?

Keep in mind that Stutzman does not refuse service to gay people. Indeed she had been selling flowers to this gay couple for nine years. She has also employed gay people in her flower shop. She had a friendship with the man suing her and cared for him personally and wished for her relationship with him to continue. She simply could not defy her conscience and lend her creative talent to help celebrate what her faith says she cannot celebrate. She had no idea that staying true to her faith would end up threatening her entire livelihood and savings.

Why not have the gay people who work in her shop do it then. Talk about hypocritical. I can take your money for flowers but if you get married don't come to me. Now I am anti gay marriage, but where do we draw the line.

I also have a problem with the gay man who sued her I guess, why not just go elsewhere? Why can't gays realize that while straight people still like them, we have an issue with them marrying? Why not go to a gay flower shop instead of making problems for this woman.

Understand, gay men are used to others kneeling before them.

Wink wink, nudge nudge

I disagree, I believe gay marriage is against her religion, as it is against mine. Yet I respect homosexuals as much as I do heterosexuals, for it is not any of my business to what they do in their own homes, yet when they promote homosexual acts, they make it my business. There is a reason why adulterers hide their acts from as many people as possible, you know, and yes, a sin is a sin, and homosexual acts are every bit a sin, as a married person cheating on their spouse, but, being a homosexual is no more a sin, than being a widow is.

As far as discrimination goes, if a business says no guns, are they not discriminating against legal gun owners with concealed carry permits?

I disagree, I believe gay marriage is against her religion, as it is against mine. Yet I respect homosexuals as much as I do heterosexuals, for it is not any of my business to what they do in their own homes, yet when they promote homosexual acts, they make it my business. There is a reason why adulterers hide their acts from as many people as possible, you know, and yes, a sin is a sin, and homosexual acts are every bit a sin, as a married person cheating on their spouse, but, being a homosexual is no more a sin, than being a widow is.

As far as discrimination goes, if a business says no guns, are they not discriminating against legal gun owners with concealed carry permits?

If you respect homosexuals, why wouldn't you respect their rights to be married?

Forum List

Back