57% Non-Whites Say the US is Moving in a Positive Direction. Only 33% of Whites do.

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
57% Non-Whites Say the US is Moving in a Positive Direction. Only 33% of Whites do.

Stark Racial Differences in Views on U.S. Status

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Overall, Americans are as likely to be positive (39%) about the current state of the country as they are to be negative (40%). However, the gap between whites' and nonwhites' views of where the country stands is wider than at any point in recent history, with nonwhites now almost twice as likely as whites to view the nation's situation positively.

cxsg_yz5nkcgbhes27rthg.png

No, actually it's simpler than that. White people generally consider themselves to "own" the country, and assume they are responsible to pay for the Government and what it does. Thus, a Government that is tossing ever more money and "free" bennies to potential voters is a bad, bad thing, getting worse as more and more people see themselves as able to suckle at the government's teats.

Minorities see themselves as beneficiaries of government largess, and for them, the trend is definitely positive.

Of course, these are broad generalizations and don't apply across the board. Keep in mind that Our Beloved President lost the white-male vote, both times, badly.

Keep in Your Beloved president won a close election then beat the shit out of his opponent the second time.

The unhappiness here is that white males make up about 34% of the vote now compared to 51% in 1960.

The last fifty years have seen females and minorities enfranchised, seemingly, at the expense of white males.

Well if you are a minority that formerly was treated like shit, then yes American probably does seem to be moving in a better direction.,

However if you are a White person who did not have to put up with the crap that comes from being a minority then YES the USA does seem to be headed down the shitter.

There is no conflict of reality there.

Both groups are right given THEIR experience.

This is news to you? Of course most non-whites are going to see things in a more positive light. A Black man is office so it gives hope to everyone else. I'm curious to see what the reaction is going to be from the conservatives. The last 2 times gains occurred for others that were not wealthy white males they found a way to disenfranchise Blacks and everyone else not in the white elite all over again.

No, actually it's simpler than that. White people generally consider themselves to "own" the country, and assume they are responsible to pay for the Government and what it does. Thus, a Government that is tossing ever more money and "free" bennies to potential voters is a bad, bad thing, getting worse as more and more people see themselves as able to suckle at the government's teats.

Minorities see themselves as beneficiaries of government largess, and for them, the trend is definitely positive.

Of course, these are broad generalizations and don't apply across the board. Keep in mind that Our Beloved President lost the white-male vote, both times, badly.

Thats what is frightening some of the white males. That political clout and strangle hold on the US is coming to an end. They are up in arms.

No one is up in arms, thankfully.

The younger generations are fine with this, so when we are gone and moldering in our final abodes, the country will move on just fine.

No one is up in arms, thankfully.

The younger generations are fine with this, so when we are gone and moldering in our final abodes, the country will move on just fine.

I am hoping this will be the path. What worries me is that every single time change has come about people forget the history of this country and it repeats itself all over again. Prior to slavery the elite were shocked by events like Bacons Rebellion. Slavery became an institution as a result of racial bribery to poor whites. Everyone got shafted with Black people getting the raw end of the deal. Slavery was dismantled and again racial bribery ended Reconstruction. Blacks were incarcerated in mass numbers and made to work for free. Jim Crow became an institution. Jim Crow finally goes down to Civil Rights and we have Reconstruction part 2. Shortly thereafter comes the war on drugs. Fueled by fanning the fears of whites against Black crime. Again mass incarceration of Blacks and loss of jobs for all. Its a cycle. I hope this time we can break it and not be fooled by racial bribery.

Last edited:
This is news to you? Of course most non-whites are going to see things in a more positive light. A Black man is office so it gives hope to everyone else. I'm curious to see what the reaction is going to be from the conservatives. The last 2 times gains occurred for others that were not wealthy white males they found a way to disenfranchise Blacks and everyone else not in the white elite all over again.

Yes, I've seen this voting skin color over substance before.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...killed-detroit-democrats-or-black-people.html

The fact that Coleman young quickly became the most corrupt mayor in Detroit history was of no consequence for the black voters who hailed him as a hero. Just like the African Americans who re-elected Marion Barry, Charlie Rangel, William Jefferson, and Sharpe James, corruption was ok so as long as a black politician who played to their racial whims was in charge. Here is what Kevin D. Williamson wrote of Coleman Young in his book "What Doomed Detroit."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...killed-detroit-democrats-or-black-people.html

The fact that Coleman young quickly became the most corrupt mayor in Detroit history was of no consequence for the black voters who hailed him as a hero. Just like the African Americans who re-elected Marion Barry, Charlie Rangel, William Jefferson, and Sharpe James, corruption was ok so as long as a black politician who played to their racial whims was in charge. Here is what Kevin D. Williamson wrote of Coleman Young in his book "What Doomed Detroit."

Moving the goal posts on your own OP? That was classic. :lol:

Moving the goal post? Hmmmm .... Perhaps your inferior intellect forbids you the knowledge of how to properly retort and argue utilizing facts and past trends relevant to a claim? Or are you just plying stupid? I guess you did receive an substandard education?

Moving the goal post? Hmmmm .... Perhaps your inferior intellect forbids you the knowledge of how to properly retort and argue utilizing facts and past trends relevant to a claim? Or are you just plying stupid? I guess you did receive an substandard education?

It never fails. Some dumbass wants to talk about education and makes a spelling error. :lol: Your post is not in line with your own OP. It has wandered off the reservation as you frequently do when your OPs dont go the way you want. :lol:

It never fails. Some dumbass wants to talk about education and makes a spelling error. :lol: Your post is not in line with your own OP. It has wandered off the reservation as you frequently do when your OPs dont go the way you want. :lol:

If you can name the fallacy you engaged in I will refrain from posting for the rest of the day. Some of us type faster than our computer registers the letters.

Have you ever thought about getting an exorcism? It will increase your intellect five fold! I'll provide the job application and the book! You're going to need to arrange everything else. See below.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you can name the fallacy you engaged in I will refrain from posting for the rest of the day. Some of us type faster than our computer registers the letters.

Have you ever thought about getting an exorcism? It will increase your intellect five fold! I'll provide the job application and the book! You're going to need to arrange everything else.

I dont care if you post. Why would I want you to stop? Its fun making you look like a deranged dunce. Stay on the topic of your OP. I know you dont like the direction of it but if you were intelligent you would know how to swing it back in the direction you want it to go. Unfortunately you lack that skill as you lack in intelligence .

Have you ever thought about getting an exorcism? It will increase your intellect five fold! I'll provide the job application and the book! You're going to need to arrange everything else.

I dont care if you post. Why would I want you to stop? Its fun making you look like a deranged dunce. Stay on the topic of your OP. I know you dont like the direction of it but if you were intelligent you would know how to swing it back in the direction you want it to go. Unfortunately you lack that skill as you lack in intelligence .

Dunning–Kruger effect

Dunning–Kruger effect

Thats a positive step in the right direction for you. I am glad you figured out your issue. I was going to tell you to go see someone about that.

Stark Racial Differences in Views on U.S. Status

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Overall, Americans are as likely to be positive (39%) about the current state of the country as they are to be negative (40%). However, the gap between whites' and nonwhites' views of where the country stands is wider than at any point in recent history, with nonwhites now almost twice as likely as whites to view the nation's situation positively.

cxsg_yz5nkcgbhes27rthg.png

What's your interpretation of these results?

Well if you are a minority that formerly was treated like shit, then yes American probably does seem to be moving in a better direction.,

However if you are a White person who did not have to put up with the crap that comes from being a minority then YES the USA does seem to be headed down the shitter.

There is no conflict of reality there.

Both groups are right given THEIR experience.

Absolutely.

Forum List

Back