57% Non-Whites Say the US is Moving in a Positive Direction. Only 33% of Whites do.

57% Non-Whites Say the US is Moving in a Positive Direction. Only 33% of Whites do.

Stark Racial Differences in Views on U.S. Status

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Overall, Americans are as likely to be positive (39%) about the current state of the country as they are to be negative (40%). However, the gap between whites' and nonwhites' views of where the country stands is wider than at any point in recent history, with nonwhites now almost twice as likely as whites to view the nation's situation positively.

cxsg_yz5nkcgbhes27rthg.png

What's your interpretation of these results?

I believe that whites are more likely to vote and assess candidates and office holders in accordance to their merit as opposed to race. Blacks are much more likely to vote their skin color over merit. But then again this may be misguided. Democrats in general are more likely to not vote out corrupt politicians than Republicans. Any way, I have already posted examples to support this in the thread.

I believe that whites are more likely to vote and assess candidates and office holders in accordance to their merit as opposed to race. Blacks are much more likely to vote their skin color over merit. But then again this may be misguided. Democrats in general are more likely to not vote out corrupt politicians than Republicans. Any way, I have already posted examples to support this in the thread.

I thought it said specifically non-whites? Its not a Black or white thing. Its more like all the other ethnicities in comparison to whites here in the US.

How do you explain those high number in the beginning(end of Clinton's term in office) of the graph and the sharp decline(Bush), then a minor leveling out and rise in the middle (after Obama was elected), and a sharper incline during his presidency? I'm doing this from my memory of the graph, if I see and discrepancy, I'll edit it.

Last edited:

How do you explain those high number in the beginning(end of Clinton's term in office) of the graph and the sharp decline(Bush), then a minor leveling out and rise in the middle (after Obama was elected), and a sharper incline during his presidency? I'm doing this from my memory of the graph, if I see and discrepancy, I'll edit it.

Republicans aren't friendly to welfare and affirmative action.

I thought it said specifically non-whites? Its not a Black or white thing. Its more like all the other ethnicities in comparison to whites here in the US.

I haven't seen enough Hispanic ran municipalities to asses their voting patterns. There are plenty of black ones though. A black mayor can be the most corrupt person in the world, smoke crack, get caught with $90,000 in his freezer, cheat on his taxes, or commit as many felonies as he wants. So as long as a black mayor is eligible to run black people will vote in into office no matter what his character with trivial exception. But there are exceptions! Detroit recently elected a white man for example. Only, however, after black governorship had ruined it. To get into the black psyche on elections I would suggest you watch this documentary of Cory Booker's first campaign. One of the number one attacks on Cory booker was that "he wasn't black." Of course, we both know that he is and he has proved to be an excellent mayor and Senator.

Last edited by a moderator:

I haven't seen enough Hispanic ran municipalities to asses their voting patterns. There are plenty of black ones though. A black mayor can be the most corrupt person in the world, smoke crack, get caught with $90,000 in his freezer, cheat on his taxes, or commit as many felonies as he wants. So as long as a black mayor is eligible to run black people will vote in into office no matter what his character with trivial exception. But there are exceptions! Detroit recently elected a white man for example. Only, however, after black governorship had ruined it.

Maybe you misunderstand what the implications are. The graph reflects all non whites not just Black people. How do you account for this obvious paradox in your theory?

I haven't seen enough Hispanic ran municipalities to asses their voting patterns. There are plenty of black ones though. A black mayor can be the most corrupt person in the world, smoke crack, get caught with $90,000 in his freezer, cheat on his taxes, or commit as many felonies as he wants. So as long as a black mayor is eligible to run black people will vote in into office no matter what his character with trivial exception. But there are exceptions! Detroit recently elected a white man for example. Only, however, after black governorship had ruined it.

Maybe you misunderstand what the implications are. The graph reflects all non whites not just Black people. How do you account for this obvious paradox in your theory?

Immigrations policies of the current President.

Even you have to admit that was pretty weak. What does this do for your OP? How do you resolve this? I mean first you said it was all Blacks voting their color and now that I wont let you move the goalpost you say its immigration? Why are all your OPs so easy to dismantle?

Now here is what I see. All the non-whites vote with intelligence and for opportunity for all people. Whites appear to like the theory in good economic times but taper off when the reality they will not be top dog if the trend continues hits home during bad economic times.

Last edited:

Even you have to admit that was pretty weak. What does this do for your OP? How do you resolve this? I mean first you said it was all Blacks voting their color and now that I wont let you move the goalpost you say its immigration? Why are all your OPs so easy to dismantle?

Now here is what I see. All the non-whites vote with intelligence and for opportunity for all people. Whites appear to like the theory in good economic times but taper off when the reality they will not be top dog if the trend continues hits home during bad economic times.

Weak? the immigration backlog from Mexico is over a 20 year wait and there are currently 12,000,000 illegals in the United States, many of whom have had children. Go to any international market and pick up a Hispanic news paper will ya?

I never understood opportunity as welfare but ok, if you say so.

What exactly is it that they feel so positive about?

There's a black man in office who wants to grant amnesty to 12 million illegals and is refusing to deport non-violent immigration offenders and allow them to attend college with federal pell grants. Not to mention he utilized and executive order so as to give them a pass.

Last edited:
White power is on its way on the outs. White people have been running things for way too long, and now that they dont have the power they used to, some of them are screaming and crying about it. Im loving it that societies around the world are turning more multiracial, multicultural and diverse. I cant wait to live in a world where white people arent running everything anymore.

The reason obama got elected twice, is because people are tired of voting for the same old crackers that just lie to your face. Obama is just keeping things real. He told you all what he was gonna do when he first got elected. "im gonna spread the wealth around" I believe is what he said.

Republicans aren't friendly to welfare and affirmative action.

They arent friendly but Republicans are fucking welfare without a condom so its pretty serious

Weren't you arguing race had nothing to do with multiculturalism? Sheesh.

What exactly is it that they feel so positive about?

There's a black man in office who wants to grant amnesty to 12 million illegals and is refusing to deport non-violent immigration offenders and allow them to attend college with federal pell grants. Not to mention he utilized and executive order so as to give them a pass.

So now its the Mexicans? :lol: OK

Weren't you arguing race had nothing to do with multiculturalism? Sheesh.

He frequently falters when his OP is dismantled. He is all over the place. Soon he will attempt to turn it to the Chinese liking the favorable trade policy before focusing back on the Blacks voting.

Weak? the immigration backlog from Mexico is over a 20 year wait and there are currently 12,000,000 illegals in the United States, many of whom have had children. Go to any international market and pick up a Hispanic news paper will ya?

I never understood opportunity as welfare but ok, if you say so.

Yes weak. What does the immigration reform have to do with Black people?

Forum List

Back