5 Reasons Why Chick Fil-A Is Not What You Think

According to HuffPo (and I assume a few will crucify me for my source, but feel free to provide another) Chick Fil A have donated money to hate groups, who compare gay people to pedophiles, and want them exported out of the country.
They have also been sued more than a dozen times for employment discrimination. One women who is currently suing says she was sacked because the managers wanted her to be a 'stay at home mum'.

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

If this is true, it goes beyond free speech.

The joke is that Dan Cathy contributes millions to organizations like NOM. NOM has been organizing boycotts of businesses that don't discriminate against employees. They organized boycotts against companies like General Mills and Starbucks.

Yet the right wing here believes that Dan Cathy is having HIS first amendment rights violated.

Have a link on the actual boycotts of Starbucks and G. Mills.

Dump General Mills

NOM Launches Starbucks Boycott Over Same-Sex Marriage Stance

Seriously? Did Republicans actually convince people to eat at Chik Fil A in support for opposing gays? Instead of protests this is the only grass roots idea I've seen happen for repubs and it consists of going out and.... stuffing your pie holes?

Didya have some Freedom Fries with it? :lol: Republicans

Wow, that's what you think this is about?

Very telling... good luck with that.

Seriously? Did Republicans actually convince people to eat at Chik Fil A in support for opposing gays? Instead of protests this is the only grass roots idea I've seen happen for repubs and it consists of going out and.... stuffing your pie holes?

I don't know how eating junk food means you are supporting the ban on same sex marriage, but I am sure the Republicans know the secret.
I am sure that when it was explained to you, it sailed right over your threshold of understanding.

I don't know how eating junk food means you are supporting the ban on same sex marriage, but I am sure the Republicans know the secret.

we used to get intelligent posters from oz.

:eusa_eh:

Gay groups will attack Christianity because it is Christians who are leading the charge to discriminate against them.

Then by your very definition, since they are attacking (in your own words) they are also a hate group.. and any financial donations to these hate groups should then be bashed, mocked, and exposed.. and boycotts started to any company that supports them

According to HuffPo (and I assume a few will crucify me for my source, but feel free to provide another) Chick Fil A have donated money to hate groups, who compare gay people to pedophiles, and want them exported out of the country.
They have also been sued more than a dozen times for employment discrimination. One women who is currently suing says she was sacked because the managers wanted her to be a 'stay at home mum'.

One thing Chick Fil A certainly IS: Making piles of money from a massive outpouring of support of their free speech. :clap2:

And your money going to them is used to finance organizations like NOM, who try to silence other legal companies.

I have no issue with individuals boycotting a company if they wish, I do have a real issue with the government not allowing a business to operate because it runs the against their agenda.

And the mocking of free speech continues...

The joke is that Dan Cathy contributes millions to organizations like NOM. NOM has been organizing boycotts of businesses that don't discriminate against employees. They organized boycotts against companies like General Mills and Starbucks.

Yet the right wing here believes that Dan Cathy is having HIS first amendment rights violated.

Dump General Mills

Sorry Dick, I thought you were saying Dan Cathy was spearheading boycotts.

I don't really support organized boycotts. I have companies I boycott for various reasons, not usually political.

We have people out supporting freedom of speech and traditional marriage, Ive even seen some of my hard core left leaning friends out supporting Chick-fil-a here. Surpried me a bit, but it happens.

I think this is amazing. It shows alot of people are paying attention to what's going on and arent going to be bullied into silence by political correctness and government strong arming.

There is a movement in America whether you want to admt it or not and it's going to revolutionize and Restore this Republic.

Lets ask an owner of a business who is uber-Christian in values enough to not even conduct business on Sundays what he thinks of gay marriage, then act shocked and offended when he actually says the obvious answer...

And Christian groups who don't believe in gay marriage (just as they don't believe in things such as *GASP* divorce) are not "hate groups"... well, unless you think of gay groups that bash Christians and Christianity as also "hate groups"

It's not just his words, it's his actions. He contributes millions to homophobic organizations, including National Organization for Marriage. Don't you even see the height of your absurdity, since NOM organizes boycotts against companies that don't discriminate? So while you were wolfing down mediocre chicken today, to support free speech, part of your money actually supports organizing boycotts against companies that don't discriminate.

Last edited:
Same thing about women. If women pay taxes and those taxes are used to build roads and electrical plants and bridges then women should have a say who uses that infrastructure. Even if Chicken Parts pays a lot, they don't pay all. So to force women to subsidize discrimination against women is unfair.
Course, I once knew a political party that engaged in voter suppression and discriminates against gays and blacks, Hispanics, women, teachers, scientists, Muslims, atheists and other groups of people too numerous to mention, but they are really, really sensitive and get really upset if you say they are "unfair". Of course, they feel they can be unfair because that party is 90% white and mostly Christian so they have a right. But I won't mention who they are. It really upsets them.

What I find funny is you war on women comments and then you support homos.....uh.......why do they hate women so much they wont have sex with them?

So you have sex with gays? To prove you don't discriminate? Seems a rather confusing position.

I would assume that the support is coming from those who don't think gay people should be treated like equals, so I wouldn't want to buy anything from them, either.

You probably already do. Despite the fact that this isnt about gay people. No one is treating them unequally. No one is discriminating against them. This was manufactured outrage.

Lets ask an owner of a business who is uber-Christian in values enough to not even conduct business on Sundays what he thinks of gay marriage, then act shocked and offended when he actually says the obvious answer...

And Christian groups who don't believe in gay marriage (just as they don't believe in things such as *GASP* divorce) are not "hate groups"... well, unless you think of gay groups that bash Christians and Christianity as also "hate groups"

It's not just his words, it's his actions. He contributes millions to homophobic organizations, including National Organization for Marriage. Don't you even see the height of your absurdity, since NOM organizes boycotts against companies that don't discriminate?

He/They donate to anti divorce charitable organizations, let's scream about that too since it is against the Christian ideal (and I am speaking as a divorced and re-married Christian)... and if you're donating to many pro-gay charities, you are donating to anti-Christian hate groups (by using your same definition)

Does the company discriminate against customers or employees in ANY WAY??

One thing Chick Fil A certainly IS: Making piles of money from a massive outpouring of support of their free speech. :clap2:

I would assume that the support is coming from those who don't think gay people should be treated like equals, so I wouldn't want to buy anything from them, either.

you make a lot of assumptions.

less than intelligent people tend to do that.

Gay groups will attack Christianity because it is Christians who are leading the charge to discriminate against them.

And how exactly are they going to attack them? Mismatching a color scheme on a home decor job?

Actually, I think you have pretty much overlooked, or failed to see, the real reason why people are in support of the chicken greasy spoon... Regardless of political leanings, city governments have no business saying who, or who cannot, open a business in any particular town based on political leanings. The queer politics have nothing to do with it except for the Democrats trying to make a mountain out of a mold hill.

Same thing about women. If women pay taxes and those taxes are used to build roads and electrical plants and bridges then women should have a say who uses that infrastructure. Even if Chicken Parts pays a lot, they don't pay all. So to force women to subsidize discrimination against women is unfair.
Course, I once knew a political party that engaged in voter suppression and discriminates against gays and blacks, Hispanics, women, teachers, scientists, Muslims, atheists and other groups of people too numerous to mention, but they are really, really sensitive and get really upset if you say they are "unfair". Of course, they feel they can be unfair because that party is 90% white and mostly Christian so they have a right. But I won't mention who they are. It really upsets them.

No one is forcing anyone to subsidize discrimination against women, so your rambling here is pointless.

Dump General Mills

which mayors of what cities told starbucks they can't open a store because they support same sex marriage?

idiot

:confused::confused:

I'm not sure how you came to such an irrational conclusion.

Forum List

Back