47 Republicans vote in support of same sex marriage

It’s a start (150 Republicans voted against Same Sex Marriage)
The House passed Respect for Marriage Act protecting interracial and same sex marriages.

Senate Republicans seem to be running away from the issue and don’t want to be forced to go on the record.

Can Democrats force a vote?

The next law they need to pass is the protection of some other thing that wasn’t in danger of being not a thing anymore.

Are you sill breathing? Stop polluting my atmosphere.

1658536511187.png

The next law they need to pass is the protection of some other thing that wasn’t in danger of being not a thing anymore.
Nice play by Republicans

Why worry?
Same Sex Marriage is in no danger
Why bother to codify it?

SUCKERS!

It wasn’t. For a myriad of reasons.

Republicans realize Democrats only have a small window to get a Same Sex Marriage bill passed.

As usual, they are trying to downplay the urgency and not have to vote against it in an election year.

Once the Supreme Court gets another shot at it………Same Sex Marriage is doomed

Nice play by Republicans

Why worry?
Same Sex Marriage is in no danger
Why bother to codify it?

SUCKERS!
You think that had the US Congress passed a law “codifying” Roe it would have held up dont you. It would have been struck down for the same reasons the decision was over turned. It’s not in the purview of the Fed Government.

Republicans realize Democrats only have a small window to get a Same Sex Marriage bill passed.

As usual, they are trying to downplay the urgency and not have to vote against it in an election year.

Once the Supreme Court gets another shot at it………Same Sex Marriage is doomed
At worst the SCOTUS would give it back to the states which wouldn’t do away with it. But even if they did so what? You can get married through an online provider and then have your ceremony.

Frankly the Government needs to get out of the marrying business. If you want to get married talk to your priest, pastor, imam, Druid priestess Whatever.

You think that had the US Congress passed a law “codifying” Roe it would have held up dont you. It would have been struck down for the same reasons the decision was over turned. It’s not in the purview of the Fed Government.
Supreme Court said it would have

At worst the SCOTUS would give it back to the states which wouldn’t do away with it. But even if they did so what? You can get married through an online provider and then have your ceremony.

Frankly the Government needs to get out of the marrying business. If you want to get married talk to your priest, pastor, imam, Druid priestess Whatever.

The Government enforces the marriage license and is responsible for any dissolution
They also provide legal and tax incentives to married couples

Someone said...No one fucking cares.

I just usually read this forum and discuss it on other forums. Don't like the moderation. But, here is the deal Bub...

You support homosexual marriage, then you support the transqueer fad and you support grooming kindergarteners. So you support a sick world. They are all connected.

Homosexuals vote dem 85% of the time. Homosexuals vote to destroy America 85% of the time. Even if you throw out the fact that they are sick, mentally ill people...they are still filthy dems.

Someone said...No one fucking cares.

I just usually read this forum and discuss it on other forums. Don't like the moderation. But, here is the deal Bub...

You support homosexual marriage, then you support the transqueer fad and you support grooming kindergarteners. So you support a sick world. They are all connected.

Homosexuals vote dem 85% of the time. Homosexuals vote to destroy America 85% of the time. Even if you throw out the fact that they are sick, mentally ill people...they are still filthy dems.
Thank you for that brilliant, thoughtful and well researched dissertation of homosexuality and marriage. You are clearly well versed on the topic. I am awestruck by the way that you seamlessly weave together your vast knowledge of psychology, sociology, human sexuality and political science. I suspect that you have advanced degrees from the finest institutions of higher learning n all of those fields and more. Please keep sharing your knowledge and wisdom. We have so much to learn from you. I would love to hear more about the connection between homosexual marriage and the grooming of little kids. Fascinating ! Who knew

The Government enforces the marriage license and is responsible for any dissolution
They also provide legal and tax incentives to married couples
It's just a contract between 2 people. The state can do all those things without it being a "marriage". Had the States just stopped "marrying" people this entire debate would have been avoided.

Yep. A growing number of traditionally married people are not caring about gay marriage. If it's this much of an issue ABOLISH ALL marriages. Issue solved

Righteousness has a funny way of emerging. These Republicans have righteousness on their side, and that's all that matters. God didn't change His mind on gay marriage in 2012 like Biden, Hillary, and 0bama did.
By righteousness do you mean that religious institutions and their worshipers have a lot more incidents of child fucking and protecting child fucking? I know it seems counter intuitive but let me remind you that one of their most sacred rituals is kneeling in front of an old man and accepting the body of Christ as the priest gently places it in your mouth. You tell me, is that catholic school or penthouse forum?

Righteousness has a funny way of emerging. These Republicans have righteousness on their side, and that's all that matters. God didn't change His mind on gay marriage in 2012 like Biden, Hillary, and 0bama did.
If a church is marrying gay people you have a point. But we are talking about the state. The state just coopted the marriage term. The State isnt marrying anyone in the eyes of God and so the righteousness of that act is irrelevant. Give to Caesar what is Caesar's.

It's just a contract between 2 people. The state can do all those things without it being a "marriage". Had the States just stopped "marrying" people this entire debate would have been avoided.

What can the church do to enforce the marriage contract?
How does a church handle dissolution of property?

It’s a start (150 Republicans voted against Same Sex Marriage)
The House passed Respect for Marriage Act protecting interracial and same sex marriages.

Senate Republicans seem to be running away from the issue and don’t want to be forced to go on the record.

Can Democrats force a vote?

You know the Republican Party has rinos who would sell their souls to the devil if they think it means a "win" don't you? They're just like EVERY Democrat

New Topics

Forum List

Back