400 million guns

"...Gun control is like a donut: there is no middle. On the one side you have people who love guns, and if you disagree with them, they’ll threaten to shoot you. On the other side you have people who detest guns, mainly out of fear of getting shot. It is an ideological death-match in which the voices of reason and compromise don’t seem to exist. Or if they do, no one can hear them over the sounds of the shouting and posturing
and the bumper-sticker slogans about cold dead hands." --"Matt" (anonymous) from his review of Adam Winkler's 'Gunfight, the Battle Over the Second Amendment in America"

There are some 400 million guns in America, and if guns were making us safer, we'd be the safest place on earth, which America is not.

That is a fact Republicans cannot reconcile.

And to average republican, I guess that for them, they aren't enough.

Guns deaths have taken the lead in children, and this is a fairly recent development. And, please, no crap about 'well, half those deaths are suicide' because,
simply because that stat isn't caused by fewer guns, let's be clear.

So I hope those of you second amendment 'cold dead hands' types are happy.

It sure isn't for the parents of those dead children whose lives have been ruined by your cherished 'second amendment'.

Personally, though America's second amendment was a necessary component of life in the frontiers of the late 18th century when the nation was founded, they could not have foreseen 233 years into the future to know of a modern urban landscape where weapons could kill hundreds of people in a relatively short period of time, that had they known, it is doubtful they would have confined the second amendment's langage to one compound sentence, whose actual meaning continues to be debated to this day.

It's time for a 28th Amendment to update the 2nd, a vertible 2nd Amendment 2.0, as it were, and as to what the new language would be, I'll let you guys duke it out, but it needs to be updated,

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole
Good luck, adding an amendment, I don’t think it would get through the House or Senate, let alone states ratifying it.

Until we stop loving violence in our culture, we won’t see change.

Attachments

• 1682599257453.jpeg
    1682599257453.jpeg
    1.9 KB · Views: 9
you need to look up the definition.

Caliber refers to the diameter of the projectile.

NOT the powder load or length of the projectile.

a .223 diameter projectile is is a 22 caliber.

Yea...it does.

The only thing different is that it has a bigger kick.
No it doesn't.

My rifle doesn't look like an AR 15 and fires a different round and will never be included in any "assault rifle " ban neither will my 7.62 mm rifle

Hey jackass...I never claimed that the AR in AR-15 stood for assault rifle.

AR represents assault rifle for brevity. Would you prefer I use AW?

Tough shit
Any rifle can be an "assault" weapon IF you use it to "assault" a person.

Idiot.

you need to look up the definition.

Caliber refers to the diameter of the projectile.

NOT the powder load or length of the projectile.

a .223 diameter projectile is is a 22 caliber.
So you admit that they are decidedly different animals...the .223 being a much more deadly round...with far greater penetration power and range.

I never mentioned the diameter of the bullet, jackass. I noted ACCURATELY...that the powder charge in a .223(5.56mm) is ten times that of a .22LR

No it doesn't.

My rifle doesn't look like an AR 15 and fires a different round and will never be included in any "assault rifle " ban neither will my 7.62 mm rifle
"Doesn't look like an AR-15".

Who gives a shit. Other than the fact that the recoil is greater it is virtually the same thing

So you admit that they are decidedly different animals...the .223 being a much more deadly round...with far greater penetration power and range.

I never mentioned the diameter of the bullet, jackass. I noted ACCURATELY...that the powder charge in a .223(5.56mm) is ten times that of a .22LR
They are both .22 caliber rounds that is all I ever said and it is a 100% factual statement.

"Doesn't look like an AR-15".

Who gives a shit. Other than the fact that the recoil is greater it is virtually the same thing
Well all those "assault weapons" bans you love are actually only defined by cosmetic doodads on a rifle and not the actual performance of a rifle or the round it fires

No it doesn't.

The '94 ban included 7.62 AKs

Just sain

They are both .22 caliber rounds that is all I ever said and it is a 100% factual statement.
And entirely pointless unless it was dishonestly trying to claim that a .223 is no more powerful than a .22.

But you'd never be dishonest...right?

Well all those "assault weapons" bans you love are actually only defined by cosmetic doodads on a rifle and not thew actual performance of a rifle.
And that flaw in that law was because of gun nutter GOP lawmakers who were trying to scuttle the law

Forum List

Back