400 million guns

Rumpole

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2023
"...Gun control is like a donut: there is no middle. On the one side you have people who love guns, and if you disagree with them, they’ll threaten to shoot you. On the other side you have people who detest guns, mainly out of fear of getting shot. It is an ideological death-match in which the voices of reason and compromise don’t seem to exist. Or if they do, no one can hear them over the sounds of the shouting and posturing
and the bumper-sticker slogans about cold dead hands." --"Matt" (anonymous) from his review of Adam Winkler's 'Gunfight, the Battle Over the Second Amendment in America"

There are some 400 million guns in America, and if guns were making us safer, we'd be the safest place on earth, which America is not.

That is a fact Republicans cannot reconcile.

And to average republican, I guess that for them, they aren't enough.

Guns deaths have taken the lead in children, and this is a fairly recent development. And, please, no crap about 'well, half those deaths are suicide' because,
simply because that stat isn't caused by fewer guns, let's be clear.

So I hope those of you second amendment 'cold dead hands' types are happy.

It sure isn't for the parents of those dead children whose lives have been ruined by your cherished 'second amendment'.

Personally, though America's second amendment was a necessary component of life in the frontiers of the late 18th century when the nation was founded, they could not have foreseen 233 years into the future to know of a modern urban landscape where weapons could kill hundreds of people in a relatively short period of time, that had they known, it is doubtful they would have confined the second amendment's langage to one compound sentence, whose actual meaning continues to be debated to this day.

It's time for a 28th Amendment to update the 2nd, a vertible 2nd Amendment 2.0, as it were, and as to what the new language would be, I'll let you guys duke it out, but it needs to be updated,

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole

America will always be a gun culture, but we can reduce the level of violence. The only way to do that, though, is to reduce the number of guns. In today's climate, and with Republican control of the courts and legislatures (through gerrymandering), I don't see any changes anytime soon. So I guess we'll just keep bleeding.

"...Gun control is like a donut: there is no middle. On the one side you have people who love guns, and if you disagree with them, they’ll threaten to shoot you. On the other side you have people who detest guns, mainly out of fear of getting shot. It is an ideological death-match in which the voices of reason and compromise don’t seem to exist. Or if they do, no one can hear them over the sounds of the shouting and posturing
and the bumper-sticker slogans about cold dead hands." --"Matt" (anonymous) from his review of Adam Winkler's 'Gunfight, the Battle Over the Second Amendment in America"

There are some 400 million guns in America, and if guns were making us safer, we'd be the safest place on earth, which America is not.

Guns deaths have taken the lead in children, and this is a fairly recent development. And, please, no crap about 'well, half those deaths are suicide' because,

It sure isn't for the parents of those dead children whose lives have been ruined by your cherished 'second amendment'.

Personally, though America's second amendment was a necessary component of life in the frontiers of the late 18th century when the nation was founded, they could not have foreseen 233 years into the future to know of a modern urban landscape where weapons could kill hundreds of people in a relatively short period of time, that had they known, it is doubtful they would have confined the second amendment's langage to one compound sentence, whose actual meaning continues to be debated to this day.

It's time for a 28th Amendment to update the 2nd, a vertible 2nd Amendment 2.0, as it were, and as to what the new language would be, I'll let you guys duke it out, but it needs to be updated,

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole

It is closer to 600 million gums and our guncrime rate is slightly lower than the 1970s....

so, you have no real argument for what you want

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole
102 car fatalities per day.

Haven’t seen a democrat worry about those lives… I guess some dead people are accepted while others need to be exploited

When you have a lot of guns, or a lot of cars, tragedies will happen. You can acknowledge this like an adult or act shocked/emotional like a Democrat.

Last edited:
America will always be a gun culture, but we can reduce the level of violence. The only way to do that, though, is to reduce the number of guns. In today's climate, and with Republican control of the courts and legislatures (through gerrymandering), I don't see any changes anytime soon. So I guess we'll just keep bleeding.
The way to stop that is putting people in jail. The DAs in the shitholes refuse to do that.

On the one side you have people who love guns, and if you disagree with them, they’ll threaten to shoot you. On the other side you have people who detest guns, mainly out of fear of getting shot.
Everybody knows
That the world is full of stupid people
So meet me at the mission at midnight
We'll divvy up there

Yeah, everybody knows
That the world is full of stupid people
Well I got the pistol so I get the pesos
Yeah that seems fair

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole
GorgeousInferiorEthiopianwolf-max-1mb.gif

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole
99,9% of those firearms are in the hands of law abiding citizens that use them for recreational purposes, hunting and self defense. Not to mention what the Constitution says is necessary for the security of a free state.

The one tenth of one percent that are used for crime are mostly in the hands of Black and Brown street thugs, gang bangers and druggies living in Democrat controlled shitholes and that will continue no matter what.

So what is your point Moon Bat?

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole

Odd…the left is so determined to get rid of guns, yet, where is the mass surrender of guns from the left? I mean, if you are really so adamant about getting rid of guns…why not lead by example and go ahead and surrender all of your weapons to the government, they probably won’t refuse.

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole

/——-/ “That is a fact Republicans cannot reconcile.”
I stopped reading at your first gun grabbing lie.
Florida and their loose gun laws. Consider it reconciled.

Odd…the left is so determined to get rid of guns, yet, where is the mass surrender of guns from the left? I mean, if you are really so adamant about getting rid of guns…why not lead by example and go ahead and surrender all of your weapons to the government, they probably won’t refuse.
Who is asking you to surrender your guns? If you`re paranoid you really shouldn`t be around guns at all, ever. Paranoia is a symptom of mental disease.

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole
Sorry, but when you lie in your OP, your credibility suffers.

"
Cause of Death​
No. of Deaths​
Rate per 100,000 (95% CI)​
Percent of Deaths​
All injury-related causes​
12,336​
15.79 (15.51–16.07)​
60.6​
Motor vehicle crash
5.21 (5.06–5.38)​
Firearm-related injury
4.02 (3.88–4.16)​
Homicide​
1,865​
2.39 (2.28–2.50)​
Suicide​
1,102​
1.41 (1.33–1.50)​
Unintentional​
126​
0.16 (0.13–0.19)​
"

So, do you want to ban motor vehicles?

Who is asking you to surrender your guns? If you`re paranoid you really shouldn`t be around guns at all, ever. Paranoia is a symptom of mental disease.
You just said we don’t need them… it sounds like you think they’re quite expendable. BUT, you “need” your car and don’t mind driving over the 102 corpses per day for your 1st world way of life. But yeah, I’m supposed to believe you care about those gun deaths… ?

Not to mention what the Constitution says is necessary for the security of a free state.
It was the Militias that were necessary for the security of a free state. Co-opting the Colonial Militias of the day where every able bodied white male was required to join. The Militias have been written out of most of the recent SC court decisions in support the rights of the Weapons Industry to sell to the public. Though I suppose that a change in that precedent is just an new opinion away if the liberals ever get a majority on the court.

102 car fatalities per day.

Haven’t seen a democrat worry about those lives… I guess some dead people are accepted while others need to be exploited

When you have a lot of guns, or a lot of cars, tragedies will happen. You can acknowledge this like an adult or act shocked/emotional like a Democrat.

A friend of mine wanted to respond to your comment, so I let him:

Mr. Friscus, Comparing car fatalities to gun deaths is like comparing apples to hand grenades – they're just not the same thing. Cars, you see, they're meant to get us from point A to point B. And yeah, sure, accidents happen, but we've got all sorts of rules and gadgets in place to make 'em safer, you know? Seatbelts, airbags, traffic laws – you name it.

But guns? Guns are a whole different ball game. These babies are designed to make holes in things – sometimes animals, sometimes people. And when it comes to kids, well, we've got a serious problem on our hands. So, comparing car deaths to gun deaths – it's just not a fair fight, my friend.

Now, don't get me wrong. we're not saying that Democrats, Republicans, or any other political animal out there don't care about car-related fatalities. We've all got our causes, and some of us even care about multiple things at once – imagine that!

But the thing is, with guns, there's a lot of room for improvement. We could have better background checks, waiting periods, maybe even mental health screenings – just a thought! So, let's not get all emotional here, and instead, focus on finding some real solutions.

What we're talkin' about isn't exploiting tragedies; it's acknowledging that there's a problem that needs fixin'. And hey, maybe it's time to give that 2nd Amendment a little makeover, huh? Let's work together, find some common ground, and save some lives. Because, let's face it, folks – we can do better. ---Rumpole's friend.

Forum List

Back