300,000 Rounds of .22 Ammunition Stolen in UK

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Remember how they freaked out back in 2011 when someone found one single round of .22 ammo in a puddle, in Fosgate, York?

Fossgate bullet find mystery

Now a third of a million rounds is believed to have gotten into the hands of organized criminals in the UK.

"Sources say the raiders “hit the jackpot” and believe the .22 calibre rounds will get into the hands of organised gangs across the UK hellbent on “causing mayhem”.

A source said: “It was a proper job. They knew exactly what they were doing and what they were going after.”

“This is very serious.

“There's a lot of worry that serious, violent and organised criminals now have thousands of bullets at their disposal.

“It's a large police investigation. There's a real worry about where this all could end up.”

Organised crooks steal 300k rounds of live ammunition from lorry as driver slept

Hope they put them to good use. Target practice of course.

Probably not. Criminals who purchase stolen ammo in places that have Draconian gun laws, tend to get their target practice on the streets.

Gosh, now all they need are the .22 cal guns to use them, unless criminal armourers start converting 9mm and .38s to .22. Wake me up when there's a rash of .22 shootings in the UK.

The mere availability of more illicit ammunition creates the possibility of more illicit firearms chambered for that caliber. In other words, create a market, and the criminal element will step in and fulfill that market.

BTW: The most common type of firearm seized in the UK are Baikal pistols which have been converted from blank-firing weapons..

How the guns killing Britain's teenagers get into the UK

Gosh, now all they need are the .22 cal guns to use them, unless criminal armourers start converting 9mm and .38s to .22. Wake me up when there's a rash of .22 shootings in the UK.

The mere availability of more illicit ammunition creates the possibility of more illicit firearms chambered for that caliber. In other words, create a market, and the criminal element will step in and fulfill that market.

BTW: The most common type of firearm seized in the UK are Baikal pistols which have been converted from blank-firing weapons..

How the guns killing Britain's teenagers get into the UK

Baikal pistols are normally 9mm. Seems pointless to convert them to .22, just because you have a glut of .22 ammo. In the UK the overwhelming majority of pistols chambered for .22 are single shot. As I said, wake me up when there's a rash of shootings with .22 guns.

Forum List

Back