Man Arrested in Subway Station With 300 Rounds of Ammunition

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Police arrested a man in a Lower Manhattan subway station early Thursday for allegedly was carrying a firearm and more than 300 rounds of ammunition, according to the NYPD and MTA.

Around 2:45 a.m. Thursday, plainclothes officers saw a man on the platform of the Brooklyn Bridge–City Hall/Chambers Street subway station station with a fanny pack around his shoulder. The man proceeded to unzip the bag, and officers saw what appeared to be a firearm, a magazine, and ammunition. The officers approached the man and arrested him, allegedly finding a loaded gun, 12 magazines and over 300 rounds of ammunition.

The NYPD says there is currently no evidence that the suspect, 27-year-old Karon Agurs of Manhattan’s Bowery neighborhood, was planning an attack. He was charged with criminal possession of a loaded firearm and criminal possession of a weapon.

“This kind of smart and alert patrolling by the NYPD is a key reason why we wanted more officers in the subway system and why crime has dropped dramatically since the spring,” MTA Chief Safety and Security Officer Patrick Warren said in a statement. “This arrest makes our customers and transit workers safer.”

In a tweet, NYPD Transit called this an “alarming seizure,” and said, “Whatever the man’s intentions, it’s an illegal weapon that has no place in our city, much less our subway system.”

Around here, I don't think he'd get arrested.

Do you think his arrest makes sense? Might've saved lives?

Fascists and racist pigs need to be defunded.

Or do you like the police now that Biden is in office?

Police arrested a man in a Lower Manhattan subway station early Thursday for allegedly was carrying a firearm and more than 300 rounds of ammunition, according to the NYPD and MTA.

Around 2:45 a.m. Thursday, plainclothes officers saw a man on the platform of the Brooklyn Bridge–City Hall/Chambers Street subway station station with a fanny pack around his shoulder. The man proceeded to unzip the bag, and officers saw what appeared to be a firearm, a magazine, and ammunition. The officers approached the man and arrested him, allegedly finding a loaded gun, 12 magazines and over 300 rounds of ammunition.

The NYPD says there is currently no evidence that the suspect, 27-year-old Karon Agurs of Manhattan’s Bowery neighborhood, was planning an attack. He was charged with criminal possession of a loaded firearm and criminal possession of a weapon.

“This kind of smart and alert patrolling by the NYPD is a key reason why we wanted more officers in the subway system and why crime has dropped dramatically since the spring,” MTA Chief Safety and Security Officer Patrick Warren said in a statement. “This arrest makes our customers and transit workers safer.”

In a tweet, NYPD Transit called this an “alarming seizure,” and said, “Whatever the man’s intentions, it’s an illegal weapon that has no place in our city, much less our subway system.”

I got about 500 in my car. Going to the range in the morning

This story is a lie - NY, and especially, NYC - have -- all -- the "common sense" gun control laws.
Said laws, we are told, prevent things like this.

The NY state laws regarding the carrying of firearms are in front of the USSC, to be heard next month.
Unless NY changes its laws before then, the requirement that a law-abiding citizen demonstrate a need to carry a firearm in order to get a permit to do so will almost certainly be struck.

Last edited:
Around 2:45 a.m., plainclothes saw a man with a fanny pack around his shoulder.
Kind of an odd time to be up traveling, and fanny packs generally belong on the waist not shoulder.

The man proceeded to unzip the bag, and officers saw what appeared to be a firearm, a magazine, and ammunition.
If true, that is not good. Carrying is one thing, but flashing stuff in plain sight in NYC is not smart.

The officers approached the man and arrested him, allegedly finding a loaded gun, 12 magazines and over 300 rounds of ammunition.
What crime did he commit? Flashing a gun? You CAN carry in NY state, IF you have the permit, but they generally don't want you walking around with a gun without good reason.

So the guy looked cool, so I ask again, what specifically was the criminal violation? No carry permit?

Maybe. Maybe not. Has anyone bothered to ask the guy what his intentions were?

WHAT was illegal about it? And if you have ever been in NY's subway, in my opinion, the only way to go through there is with a gun and 300 rounds. :smoke:

I guess a good question to ask the police is just who did the police think he was going to shoot at 3AM? Nothing is easy in NYC.

It's an unlawful arrest.

Another case of totally hypocritical leftist authoritarian "rules for thee but not for me."

Why aren't the Democrat cops all arresting each other for carrying firearms? Because they're piece of shit hypocrites.

Last edited:
I will admit that in a Manhattan subway that might raise some eyebrows.

Around here we would where's the rest of it?

Interesting that the link offers no background on the firearm or criminal history on the arrestee. Half a dozen plain clothes Cops surrounding a table with 300 rounds doesn't seem as monumental as one would imagine. Sumpthin don't seem right.

The man proceeded to unzip the bag, and officers saw what appeared to be a firearm, a magazine, and ammunition.
Carrying a concealed weapon in New York is illegal.

Laws prohibiting the carrying of concealed weapons are perfectly Constitutional, in no manner violating the Second Amendment:

“…the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment…”

And Mr. Agurs' attorney is at liberty to challenge the search on Fourth Amendment grounds, having nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

Carrying a concealed weapon in New York is illegal.
Ah. You are ignorant of the law.
It is only illegal if you do not have a carry permit.
Laws prohibiting the carrying of concealed weapons are perfectly Constitutional, in no manner violating the Second Amendment:
Whe did the USSC uphold a state prohibition against carrying a concealed weapon?

Forum List

Back