3.573 TRILLION kWh is needed if 25% of all cars/trucks in USA are EVs. Would any of you EV supporters please refute that FACT?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The below data has links to support the fact that if 25% of all cars/trucks are EVs the USA will need 3.573 TRILLION MORE
kWh that will be consumed by those EVs.
Please would any of you supporters that tout the EVs please refute these facts?
25%EVsKWhneeed102622.png

The below data has links to support the fact that if 25% of all cars/trucks are EVs the USA will need 3.573 TRILLION MORE
View attachment 715852
Get ready for "funny" ratings from our favorite Lefties. They refute facts and data by mocking it.

The next step they're going to suggest is car sharing. They know the math doesn't work on this or on the materials, or the replacement cost on the batteries. This just isn't ready for prime time and they know it, but DGAF.

This car sharing crapola has already been spun out by the WEF. You'll be hearing that next as you're eating your bugs while watching the latest propaganda on the idiot box and they're laughing their asses off while dining on caviar on their private jets...

View attachment 715852
LOL...

1666803208924.png

How soon will it be until you claim that every EV owner will need a plutonium reactor built in their back yard to support the car?

Wow dude...nobody believes you. Give up already.

LOL...

View attachment 715859

How soon will it be until you claim that every EV owner will need a plutonium reactor built in their back yard to support the car?

Wow dude...nobody believes you. Give up already.
How stupid are you! What is your problem in recognizing REALITY? OH I know it's because your are driven by emotion and have no time for facts. The facts are in front of you and YOU will be facing reality when there are blackouts in your area.

Rarely, we’re ever able to predict the future, and yet, one thing we know with certainty is that power outages are going to become more and more frequent over time.​

The power grid is aging and quickly becoming less stable, meaning power outages will become more common and most likely take longer to resolve.

According to energy.gov, “Today’s electric grid is aging and is being pushed to do more than it was originally designed to do.”

Our existing grid was built more than 30 years ago, and upgrades are long overdue. Plus, power outages have already begun to increase. As stated by NPR, “From the 1950s to the ’80s, significant power outages averaged fewer than five per year. But that’s changed. In 2007, there were 76, in 2011, more than 300.”

AND that's before 25% of cars/trucks are EVs!
But of course YOU being such a dummy don't even have enough intelligence to see the potential problem!

It's just too bad that anti-fossil fuel EVangelistas have such a low IQ that they can't comprehend what an kWh is!
Read what EVEN without the trillions of kWh that EVs will add... power shortages are increasing!
Just consider: when I was a kid power outages less than 5 a year... in 2011 more than 300!

Rarely, we’re ever able to predict the future, and yet, one thing we know with certainty is that power outages are going to become more and more frequent over time.​

The power grid is aging and quickly becoming less stable, meaning power outages will become more common and most likely take longer to resolve.

According to energy.gov, “Today’s electric grid is aging and is being pushed to do more than it was originally designed to do.”

Our existing grid was built more than 30 years ago, and upgrades are long overdue. Plus, power outages have already begun to increase. As stated by NPR, “From the 1950s to the ’80s, significant power outages averaged fewer than five per year. But that’s changed. In 2007, there were 76, in 2011, more than 300.”

Note the below chart as how Non weather-related outages has increased by 2021.
BUT note the biased CNN news didn't mention INCREASED demand but blamed climate change!
Why are people so stupid? You idiots thinking that getting rid of fossil fuels will cut down Co2 but all you are doing is
replacing a source with another source that will cause EVEN more problems!
THINK folks! Making cars/trucks EVs means MORE electricity and the current system can't handle what we have NOW!

nonweatherpoweroutages.png

I've posted this several times before but it should be repeated.

1.9% of the vehicles in California are these stupid EVs.

To provide charging for that 1.9% takes 19 Gigawatts of additional power.

That is as much as the dual nuclear reactors at Diablo Canyon produce.

So when are they going to build the power plants to charges these stupid buses?

Nearly 400 school districts spanning all 50 states and Washington, D.C., along with several tribes and U.S. territories, are receiving roughly $1 billion in grants to purchase about 2,500 "clean" school buses under a new federal program.

EPA awarding nearly $1 billion to schools for electric buses

Wonder who owns electric bus stock? Maybe it is a payoff to Potatohead's Chico buddies that produce the batteries? The Chicoms that made his family rich?

I've posted this several times before but it should be repeated.

1.9% of the vehicles in California are these stupid EVs.

To provide charging for that 1.9% takes 19 Gigawatts of additional power.

That is as much as the dual nuclear reactors at Diablo Canyon produce.
Thanks for your information.
It is just too bad that while I am firm believer that EVs are acceptable in many ways, it's just that this massive effort
to convert to EVs before we have the capacity to handle would be the equivalent to the Federal government doing what they've done regarding EVs to the internal combustion engine (ICE) market before there were gas refineries built, gas stations built all WITHOUT any federal involvement. The ICE market grew without any major black outs of our country obviously almost all being before electricity grids BUT now with the grids and generation extremely outdated and generating capacity at the MAX now the government encouraging EVs is going to cause MAJOR outages.

So when are they going to build the power plants to charges these stupid buses?

Nearly 400 school districts spanning all 50 states and Washington, D.C., along with several tribes and U.S. territories, are receiving roughly $1 billion in grants to purchase about 2,500 "clean" school buses under a new federal program.

EPA awarding nearly $1 billion to schools for electric buses

Wonder who owns electric bus stock? Maybe it is a payoff to Potatohead's Chico buddies that produce the batteries? The Chicoms that made his family rich?
So if all the school buses go electric this is the electricity needed to power the buses.
EV_schoolbuseskWh102622.png

Thanks for your information.
It is just too bad that while I am firm believer that EVs are acceptable in many ways, it's just that this massive effort
to convert to EVs before we have the capacity to handle would be the equivalent to the Federal government doing what they've done regarding EVs to the internal combustion engine (ICE) market before there were gas refineries built, gas stations built all WITHOUT any federal involvement. The ICE market grew without any major black outs of our country obviously almost all being before electricity grids BUT now with the grids and generation extremely outdated and generating capacity at the MAX now the government encouraging EVs is going to cause MAJOR outages.
I have no problem with EVs. However L-I batteries for EVs is terrible technology.

I also don't like the filthy Potatohead administration using my money to provide other people charging stations. That is thievery.

The Environmental Wackos think that EVs are going to save the planet or whatever but they refuse to look at the tremendous environmental destruction it takes to produce the batteries nor do they seem to understand that the batteries only transfer energy generation to another location.

I think their Environmental Wacko wet dream is to have all vehicles to be electrical and all the energy generated by solar. That is how dumb they are.

In my example of the 19 gigawatts needed just to recharge the 1.9% of EV vehicles in California it would take a solar farm the size of a West Texas county and then it would only work when the sun was out.

By the way, West Texas counties are big. Very big.

It's a given that there are big numbers in energy production.
It's a given that a lot more electric power production will be needed.
Almost all midsized cars get less than 30 mpg. Almost all electric cars get over 100 mpg. That is a great savings in energy.

If new power plants were built to burn less refined oil, the carbon footprint would be dropped considerably because of the fact that, at most, 1/3 the energy would be required for EVs. Also the fuel cost of burning a cruder hydrocarbon at a central location would be lower.

EVs allow more flexibility on what energy sources are used to create the electricity. The trade off is fewer Texas refineries vs more electric energy generation. EV production and power plant production can happen at the same pace over time.

I guessing that the ability to put hundreds of millions of internal combustion machines on the road to no investments?

...In my example of the 19 gigawatts needed just to recharge the 1.9% of EV vehicles in California it would take a solar farm the size of a West Texas county and then it would only work when the sun was out.

By the way, West Texas counties are big. Very big.

Energy.gov

"..Could you power the US with Solar?

"...Solar's abundance and potential throughout the United States is staggering: PV panels on just 22,000 square miles of the nation's total land area – about the size of Lake Michigan – could supply enough electricity to power the entire United States.".."

.https://www.energy.gov/eere/solar/solar-energy-united-states#:~:text=Solar's abundance and potential throughout,power the entire United States .

Solar Energy in the United States

22,000 sq miles is ie, 110 miles by 200 miles
ie, 5500 sq miles in '4 corner' each state.... 70x80 miles each.
Yup, Not just Four Corners, but a very small portion of it's vast empty spaces.
and probably even a bit less since this article was written.. as it's more efficient every year.

22K miles is .0057% of the USA's 3.8 Million sq miles

And that doesn't include the fact is that WIND is now app Half the renewable generation.
So you can HALVE my number above to app 10,000 sq miles of Solar.
(100 miles x 100 miles) (ie, 50 miles x 50 miles if concentrated down to just 4 states.
Negligible if spread nationally/locally)
`

Last edited:
Energy.gov

"...Solar's abundance and potential throughout the United States is staggering: PV panels on just 22,000 square miles of the nation's total land area – about the size of Lake Michigan – could supply enough electricity to power the entire United States.".."

.https://www.energy.gov/eere/solar/solar-energy-united-states#:~:text=Solar's abundance and potential throughout,power the entire United States .

5500 sq miles in each state.... 70x80 miles each in ie, the 4 Corrher sun states.
and probably even a bit less since this article was written.. as it's more efficient every year.

22K is .0057% of the USA's 3.8 Million sq miles

And that doesn't include the fact is that WIND is now app Half the renewable generation
So you can HALVE my number above tp app 10,000 sq miles of Solar.
(100 miles x 100 miles)
If thats all there is to it what are libs waiting for?

How stupid are you! What is your problem in recognizing REALITY? OH I know it's because your are driven by emotion and have no time for facts. The facts are in front of you and YOU will be facing reality when there are blackouts in your area.

AND that's before 25% of cars/trucks are EVs!
But of course YOU being such a dummy don't even have enough intelligence to see the potential problem!
Yawn...

From today's "we're doomed post"

1666840095085.png

We're going to have to build 1,191 new Nuke plants to meet the demand.
That was from today--if we got to 1/4 of TVs.

So bottom line:

25%=1,191 nuclear power plants. That is today's scare tactic.

Gee, from September--one month ago, your title was this:

1666840237531.png

100%=2,767 nuclear power plants. I guess the power plants get more powerful as you build more of them or something?

I know this will come as a grave shock to everyone but your math doesn't add up.

Again, get lost loser. Nobody is reading your bullshit posts and if they do, you sound more and more retarded.

Energy.gov

ie, 5500 sq miles in '4 corner' each state.... 70x80 miles each.

22K miles is .0057% of the USA's 3.8 Million sq miles

And that doesn't include the fact is that WIND is now app Half the renewable generation.
So you can HALVE my number above to app 10,000 sq miles of Solar.
(100 miles x 100 miles) (ie, 50 miles x 50 miles if concentrated down to just 4 states.
Negligible if spread nationally/locally)
`

Solar is awesome!!!!

How many square miles do we need to power the country at night?

Forum List

Back