21 now confirmed dead in Mudslide

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
KHQ Mobile News: Oso Mudslide: Number Of Missing Takes A Dramatic Drop, Death Toll Rises

The link says 18, but they just released it is up to 21. It was good to hear missing went from 90 to 30 after checking for duplicates etc..

They found this flag today.
epe9aqe9.jpg

Everyone is sharing the flag on Facebook to show support.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Geez what a way to go. :(

They figure the mud was going very fast and was a Mile wide. Most of them didn't even have a chance.
I know a few people from the area, but thankfully had moved away.

Saw an interview with a survivor today. Lost his wife of 46 years.

How very sad

Sad.
The 4 year old they found last week alive probably lost his father and siblings but was reunited with his mom.

When you have an area like this that is definately going to slide, as predicted by the geologists in 1999, why did they not put GPS stations on it. Turn them on during a rainy period, and get the people out when the stations show ground movement. So there would be a few false alarms. Far better than what has happened at Oso. We cannot stop the ground from moving, but we can get the peope out of the way.

And it just keeps raining there. The muck looks like it's impossible to get through.

It is North west Washington.
I have never been to that area when it wasn't raining. Lol
The town isn't big, it's pretty much just homes, a suburb if you will of Arlington. Everyone knows everyone.

Sad situation, I was there early last week to help provide transport of equipment and rescue workers and dogs into the area. It was an honor to be able to help. The claims of bible thumpers was unfounded, they were there to help console and work with the rescue teams to encourage them on and to help them deal with the loss of life.

My heart, my thoughts and prayers are with the families, who have lost loved ones, to the workers who worked so hard this last week. In the face of disaster, it is refreshing to see those that give so much to saving and helping restore the lives of those involved in this tragic event.

And it just keeps raining there. The muck looks like it's impossible to get through.

The town isn't big, it's pretty much just homes, a suburb if you will of Arlington. Everyone knows everyone.

When it is sunny, it is the most beautiful place on earth, unfortunately those days can be few and far between.

When you have an area like this that is definately going to slide, as predicted by the geologists in 1999, why did they not put GPS stations on it. Turn them on during a rainy period, and get the people out when the stations show ground movement. So there would be a few false alarms. Far better than what has happened at Oso. We cannot stop the ground from moving, but we can get the peope out of the way.

Or easier than all that. Don't live somewhere you know will be buried in a mudslide.

When it is sunny, it is the most beautiful place on earth, unfortunately those days can be few and far between.

Yep! It's very beautiful.
Last year we went over to Seattle in May, and it was 75-80 and we went Golden Gardens. It was awesome abs beautiful. I love the west side.

I find it interesting that even though people have been warned about the possibility of the mountain sliding off into the town, people continued to build there, even though they knew it could be deadly.

Sorry..................but if I was to be told that the place I was living in could kill me? I'd find someplace else to live, because I'd want to live.

It is a conundrum: why would people build there if they knew the risk? I'm from Seattle. These areas are beautiful and seem peaceful and serene. But the risk ... I don’t understand why people would take the risk.

Living that area if it's not one thing it's another

Forum List

Back