200,000 dead Americans are "virtually nobody" according to Trump

Dumbass is one word, Doctor. You should know this and again if you were a better doctor and told your patients to eat better and exercise there would be fewer deaths.
I'm starting to feel sorry for you now. This is honestly the best you can do?
Why? I am telling you the truth. My doctor is on me constantly about my health, weight, etc. due to my genetic history of high cholesterol. He is proactive. He went to Harvard Medical. He is pretty good. Where did you go to school?
State school.
So, do you blame me for listening to him over you. And he was apologetic when I caught COVID-19 as at the time they didn't realize it causes GI symptoms, which is what I had. No cough, no fever. He is highly confident (99.9%) that if I catch it again I will have very mild to likely no symptoms BUT they don't know if I would be a spreader. That is the part we need to still figure out. You should look up Harvard. It is a pretty good school. Cambridge, MA.

Do you understand how you sound? Are you truly willing to destroy the National/World Economy based on a bug that frankly isn't nearly as "deadly" as Progs want to make it sound? If you are then God help you because you can't see past the end of your nose. Go ahead, crash it and then see what happens to people.
No one is willing to destroy the world economy. This is idiotic alarmist hyperbole.

The sad fact is that the shutdown would have been shorter and more effective if more people had been engaged and on board with it, rather than having Trump telling his followers that it was no big deal.

That's why Trump downplaying the virus was such a big deal. Because it made our response to it that much less effective.

Blah, blah, blah. Stuff your Prog crap. The shutdown will destroy the world economy. We've already lost THOUSNDS of businesses, do you want to lose more? It ISN"T a big deal unless you are over 60 with underlying chronic conditions. Secure THEM not the entire nation. You can't really be that obtuse. Of course you can

Wah! Stop saying things I don't want to hear Prog!

Give me a break.

If the Trump supporting idiots would have taken this seriously, we'd be through this by now.

You're an idiot. All "serious" had to mean was lock down the older vulnerable folks. Instead people like you screamed to shut don the economy and then blame Rump when it went south.

I know you think that makes sense but it doesn’t. You can’t lock down older, vulnerable folks because for lots of reason. First, that’s a massive part of the population. Second, they’re highly dependent on others for day to day life. Third, that would extend the need for the shutdown for years.

What should we blame Trump for? His utter lack of leadership. He’s an empty suit, too scared to actually do the job he ran for.
Hold on Doctor.

Say we have a room of 300 people and 150 are elderly or have serious underlying conditions. We lock those 150 down. The other 150 get the virus, overcome it and develop antibodies. We then free up the sick and elderly 150. Everyone wins?

Yes?

The answer to your hypothetical is in the post you responded to.

But let's go even further. For starters, you have to get 100% penetrance through the "healthy" side. There's no telling how long that'll take. Second, you have to guarantee their antibodies are both durable and confer immunity, which we can't. Second, you have to believe that COVID will not mutate to neutralize the efficacy of the antibody response, the chances of which go up the more infections occur.

The higher the prevalence of the infection in the general population, the more difficult it is to "lock down" anyone.

So the lockdown didn't work but you know of nothing else to try so we MUST keep on doing it. You have no idea how silly you sound.
BTW you have ground to stand on in feeling sorry for anyone but yourself

If it sounds silly, it’s because you aren’t really listening.

For starters, I haven’t advocated anything for the “right now” time frame, you’re just assuming things without justification.

The lockdown didn’t work because of weak leadership from someone who practically admitted it.

I honestly have no idea what to do now, but neither does Trump which should really scare you.

Do you understand how you sound? Are you truly willing to destroy the National/World Economy based on a bug that frankly isn't nearly as "deadly" as Progs want to make it sound? If you are then God help you because you can't see past the end of your nose. Go ahead, crash it and then see what happens to people.
No one is willing to destroy the world economy. This is idiotic alarmist hyperbole.

The sad fact is that the shutdown would have been shorter and more effective if more people had been engaged and on board with it, rather than having Trump telling his followers that it was no big deal.

That's why Trump downplaying the virus was such a big deal. Because it made our response to it that much less effective.

Blah, blah, blah. Stuff your Prog crap. The shutdown will destroy the world economy. We've already lost THOUSNDS of businesses, do you want to lose more? It ISN"T a big deal unless you are over 60 with underlying chronic conditions. Secure THEM not the entire nation. You can't really be that obtuse. Of course you can

Give me a break.

If the Trump supporting idiots would have taken this seriously, we'd be through this by now.

You're an idiot. All "serious" had to mean was lock down the older vulnerable folks. Instead people like you screamed to shut don the economy and then blame Rump when it went south.

I know you think that makes sense but it doesn’t. You can’t lock down older, vulnerable folks because for lots of reason. First, that’s a massive part of the population. Second, they’re highly dependent on others for day to day life. Third, that would extend the need for the shutdown for years.

What should we blame Trump for? His utter lack of leadership. He’s an empty suit, too scared to actually do the job he ran for.
Hold on Doctor.

Say we have a room of 300 people and 150 are elderly or have serious underlying conditions. We lock those 150 down. The other 150 get the virus, overcome it and develop antibodies. We then free up the sick and elderly 150. Everyone wins?

Yes?

But let's go even further. For starters, you have to get 100% penetrance through the "healthy" side. There's no telling how long that'll take. Second, you have to guarantee their antibodies are both durable and confer immunity, which we can't. Second, you have to believe that COVID will not mutate to neutralize the efficacy of the antibody response, the chances of which go up the more infections occur.

The higher the prevalence of the infection in the general population, the more difficult it is to "lock down" anyone.

So the lockdown didn't work but you know of nothing else to try so we MUST keep on doing it. You have no idea how silly you sound.

For starters, I haven’t advocated anything for the “right now” time frame, you’re just assuming things without justification.

The lockdown didn’t work because of weak leadership from someone who practically admitted it.

I honestly have no idea what to do now, but neither does Trump which should really scare you.
It worked in every state sans three it seems. Maine and NH never really locked down and they have fewer deaths than MA.

Give me a break.

Hold on Doctor.

Yes?

I'm not scared of a virus with a 98.6 survival rate. The lockdown didn't work because it couldn't. By ;locking everything down all they did was make sure the virus couldn't be controlled. You can't achieve "herd immunity" when you lock the cows in. At any rate I hope you like "playing" Dr. on the internet. You do know that you can't be a "practicing" physician and be on here all day......you DO know that? ;)

Give me a break.

Hold on Doctor.

Yes?

I'm not scared of a virus with a 98.6 survival rate. The lockdown didn't work because it couldn't. By ;locking everything down all they did was make sure the virus couldn't be controlled. You can't achieve "herd immunity" when you lock the cows in. At any rate I hope you like "playing" Dr. on the internet. You do know that you can't be a "practicing" physician and be on here all day......you DO know that? ;)
I am guessing he doesn't have many patients....I run my own business and post frequently as I travel less now but work out of my basement via zoom calls. Busy but gets tiring.

Dumbass is one word, Doctor. You should know this and again if you were a better doctor and told your patients to eat better and exercise there would be fewer deaths.
Why? I am telling you the truth. My doctor is on me constantly about my health, weight, etc. due to my genetic history of high cholesterol. He is proactive. He went to Harvard Medical. He is pretty good. Where did you go to school?
State school.
So, do you blame me for listening to him over you. And he was apologetic when I caught COVID-19 as at the time they didn't realize it causes GI symptoms, which is what I had. No cough, no fever. He is highly confident (99.9%) that if I catch it again I will have very mild to likely no symptoms BUT they don't know if I would be a spreader. That is the part we need to still figure out. You should look up Harvard. It is a pretty good school. Cambridge, MA.
I’m sure you’ll listen to whoever tells you what you want to hear, and that sure ain’t me.

You’ve done little more than spout off right wing internet nonsense about COVID, so either you’re being fed garbage information, or you don’t really listen. My guess is it’s a combination of both, especially given your history of not listening to me.

And I don’t care where he went to medical school (which isn’t as important as residency/fellowship). That doesn’t prevent anyone from being wrong.

Give me a break.

Hold on Doctor.

Yes?

I am guessing he doesn't have many patients....I run my own business and post frequently as I travel less now but work out of my basement via zoom calls. Busy but gets tiring.

Yup, I'm a consultant with a Health Insurance Co working fron home. I get to do this between calls.

State school.
I’m sure you’ll listen to whoever tells you what you want to hear, and that sure ain’t me.

You’ve done little more than spout off right wing internet nonsense about COVID, so either you’re being fed garbage information, or you don’t really listen. My guess is it’s a combination of both, especially given your history of not listening to me.

And I don’t care where he went to medical school (which isn’t as important as residency/fellowship). That doesn’t prevent anyone from being wrong.

You're a living testament for that. Nothing you post makes sense.

State school.

I will repeat, since you're trolling:

#1) I had the virus in late March and was cleared in early April
#2) I am a donor of convalescent plasma. I am donating again on 10/1
#3) I have spoken directly with my MD and those at the donation center.

Why do you keep ignoring this? I am actually watching this firsthand. We are either going to have an honest debate or we are not. You have not had the virus so you're speaking hypothetically. I am speaking from firsthand experience. My wife and kids had it too but wife had mild symptoms of just losing taste and smell and kids had zero symptoms. NONE.

I have a Red Cross app that clearly states I am POSITIVE for the COVID-19 antibodies. The Red Cross begs me to donate platelets every seven days. I swear on my kids lives all of the above is true.

Give me a break.

Hold on Doctor.

Yes?

Yup, I'm a consultant with a Health Insurance Co working fron home. I get to do this between calls.
Boom. I am a management consultant to Mid Market companies. M&A, turnaround, growth, etc.

State school.

Doctor, how do you explain this?

State school.

Doctor, how do you explain this?

I've lost what respect I've had for RCP this last few years. Their editorial staff lacks any semblance of objectivity.

I would not look to RCP for medical information. In fact, I have very little faith in any mass media at adequately conveying scientific information, and that goes for media that I support, such as Washington Post and NY Times, who are far better at covering less esoteric topics.

I find no relevance to 1 and 2. As for 3, this is an appeal to authority which is not an honest debate tactic.

There is no relevance to your having had COVID in this discussion.

I find no relevance to 1 and 2. As for 3, this is an appeal to authority which is not an honest debate tactic.

Really? So rather than speak to someone who had it you want to speak conceptually? Illogical

For people who contract COVID-19, these are the estimated survival rates by age, according to the CDC:

0 to 19: 99.997%

20 to 49: 99.98%

50 to 69: 99.5%

70+: 94.6%

Source: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

CDC COVID-19 death rate by age.PNG

Meanwhile, here are some reasons why I think the lockdown will end up killing more people than it will save:

“The National Cancer Institute estimates that there could be 10,000 additional breast and colorectal deaths over the next decade as a result of missed screenings and delayed diagnoses”

Source: Cancer screenings down nationwide during the COVID-19 pandemic

Cancer surgeries and organ transplants are being put off for coronavirus

Source: Op-Ed: Cancer surgeries and organ transplants are being put off for coronavirus

Higher rates of unemployment correlate very strongly with higher rates of suicide and drug overdoses

Source: How Shutting Down The Economy Could Kill Tens Of Thousands

A report by the United Nations cites the predicted harm that will happen to tens of millions of children in low income countries as a result of the COVID-19 global wide shutdown.

Examples of this harm to children include increases in malnutrition, loss of education, increased rates of teen pregnancy, reduced access to health care, reduced rates of vaccination, increased rates of infectious disease, increased rates of water borne illness, and increased rates of death:

Source: https://unsdg.un.org/sites/default/files/2020-04/160420_Covid_Children_Policy_Brief.pdf

Anxiety from reactions to Covid-19 will destroy at least seven times more years of life than can be saved by lockdowns

Source: https://www.justfacts.com/news_covid-19_anxiety_lockdowns_life_destroyed_saved

Give me a break.

Hold on Doctor.

Yes?

It worked in every state sans three it seems. Maine and NH never really locked down and they have fewer deaths than MA.
Thats simply because cold weather kills/suppresses it. Why didn't it really show hard until March and April ? Real hard in the Southern~ish areas...Ecuador, Brazil. Floridastan Texass-stan,Looseryawner.
UH OH> pResident me has some stuff going on again eh ?......hmmmmmm ?

Really? So rather than speak to someone who had it you want to speak conceptually? Illogical
We can speak about your experience, but an n=1 is no way to have a rational discussion about policy. That’s extremely illogical.

You’re just squirming for a reason to disregard my knowledge. Admit it so we can just find out you’re trolling and not interested in serious discussion.

We can speak about your experience, but an n=1 is no way to have a rational discussion about policy. That’s extremely illogical.

You’re just squirming for a reason to disregard my knowledge. Admit it so we can just find out you’re trolling and not interested in serious discussion.
What the fuck? Squirming? You’re such a coward and because I had it I have spoken to experts on it and you use my trolling language against me? You’re the troll and you’re very stupid. I have Proven you to be inept in every field.

President Donald Trump claimed Monday at an Ohio campaign rally that the coronavirus poses little threat to young people and “affects virtually nobody,” as the number of Americans to have died from Covid-19 climbed toward 200,000 in the United States.

“It affects elderly people. Elderly people with heart problems and other problems. If they have other problems, that’s what it really affects,” Trump told supporters at an airport outside Toledo.

All lies from the Crown Prince of liars.

What kind of sleaze says the death of 200,000 Americans is "nobody". Oh, I forgot if they are elderly they are useless. You really do have to be a heartless bastard to say something like that. Of course this is the same person that called our fallen troops losers and suckers and his own supporters disgusting.

This is who Trump is. A pathetic sad disgusting little loser.
They are nobody, because 200,000 Americans didn't die of COVID........so he's correct, again.......catch up to the facts before posting, please.

What the fuck? Squirming? You’re such a coward and because I had it I have spoken to experts on it and you use my trolling language against me? You’re the troll and you’re very stupid. I have Proven you to be inept in every field.

I’m actually trying to talk about the topic, which you don’t know much about, but it’s impossible with you. It’s not trolling to point out your dishonest debate tactics.

Yes, you’re squirming because you don’t know what you’re talking about and you’re too much of a troll to ever admit it. You don’t even know what a troll is, since you’ve called me a troll after I provide substantive posts that you refuse to acknowledge.

Forum List

Back