200,000 dead Americans are "virtually nobody" according to Trump

No one believes that number. It is a joke designed to prey upon only the most credulous and naive in society.
President Donald Trump claimed Monday at an Ohio campaign rally that the coronavirus poses little threat to young people and “affects virtually nobody,” as the number of Americans to have died from Covid-19 climbed toward 200,000 in the United States.

“It affects elderly people. Elderly people with heart problems and other problems. If they have other problems, that’s what it really affects,” Trump told supporters at an airport outside Toledo.

What kind of sleaze says the death of 200,000 Americans is "nobody". You really dio have to be a heartless baastard. Of course sthis is the same person that called our fallen tropps losers and suckers and his own supporters disgusting.

This is who Trump is. A pathetic sad disgusting little loser.

Figures you twist his words. The meaning is that usually people infected don't die, and don't suffer severe symptoms. He isn't calling the dead "nobodies" and you know it.
I don't need your warped opinion to tell me what Trump meant. His words are as clear as day.
200k is tragic but a pittance statistically.
It’s the third leading cause of death. A pittance it’s not.
Compared to a population of 330mil? Pittance.

How does it compare to those who have died in riots this summer?

Because the right wants us to believe that's a far greater threat.
Riots kill businesses as well as people. You’re comparing apples and oranges. And we discussed and disagreed on how many of the deaths are truly from COVID.

Dying from COVID is tragic but not against the law. Rioting, burning buildings and killing people is against the law.
Ah, so it's not about people, it's about money. Gotcha.

Lots more businesses were lost because of COVID than riots anyway.

This isn't apples and oranges. This is explaining clearly how the right uses fear as a means to drive their agenda.

The riot damages were far more preventable.

Once the initial ones were over aggressive policing and prosecutions would have ended them.

Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, COVID was far more preventable. Even a one percent decrease in COVID would have been greater than all the riots combined.
Nope because we are a fat and unhealthy country. COVID sped up those deaths.
That doesn't actually mean anything.
Quite the opposite. Too bad you don’t understand that. I have Tried explaining it to you. But you seem to be obtuse. I believe you’re a troll.
You tried explaining it, but it doesn't make any sense. I've explained why it's incorrect to you but you seem to be obtuse because you're a troll.

Seriously, someone can live with preexisting conditions for decades. COVID doesn't "speed it up" any more than getting into a car crash speeds up a death from hypertension.

How many people do you think have died from the results of the convid restrictions?

Like what?

Well, I hear suicides are spiking, big time. Enforced isolation will do that. Do you care? At all?
Let's see the data.

No one believes that number. It is a joke designed to prey upon only the most credulous and naive in society.
President Donald Trump claimed Monday at an Ohio campaign rally that the coronavirus poses little threat to young people and “affects virtually nobody,” as the number of Americans to have died from Covid-19 climbed toward 200,000 in the United States.

“It affects elderly people. Elderly people with heart problems and other problems. If they have other problems, that’s what it really affects,” Trump told supporters at an airport outside Toledo.

What kind of sleaze says the death of 200,000 Americans is "nobody". You really dio have to be a heartless baastard. Of course sthis is the same person that called our fallen tropps losers and suckers and his own supporters disgusting.

Figures you twist his words. The meaning is that usually people infected don't die, and don't suffer severe symptoms. He isn't calling the dead "nobodies" and you know it.
I don't need your warped opinion to tell me what Trump meant. His words are as clear as day.

Riots kill businesses as well as people. You’re comparing apples and oranges. And we discussed and disagreed on how many of the deaths are truly from COVID.

Dying from COVID is tragic but not against the law. Rioting, burning buildings and killing people is against the law.

This isn't apples and oranges. This is explaining clearly how the right uses fear as a means to drive their agenda.

Once the initial ones were over aggressive policing and prosecutions would have ended them.

Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, COVID was far more preventable. Even a one percent decrease in COVID would have been greater than all the riots combined.
Nope because we are a fat and unhealthy country. COVID sped up those deaths.
That doesn't actually mean anything.
Quite the opposite. Too bad you don’t understand that. I have Tried explaining it to you. But you seem to be obtuse. I believe you’re a troll.
You tried explaining it, but it doesn't make any sense. I've explained why it's incorrect to you but you seem to be obtuse because you're a troll.

Seriously, someone can live with preexisting conditions for decades. COVID doesn't "speed it up" any more than getting into a car crash speeds up a death from hypertension.

How many people do you think have died from the results of the convid restrictions?

Like what?

Well, I hear suicides are spiking, big time. Enforced isolation will do that. Do you care? At all?
Let's see the data.
Here you go “Dr”...

You don't know that. On the other hand we know aggressive policing would have stopped the riots cold.

With regards to damages, COVID, unless the owner died of the disease, leaves the capital and labor of the business intact, even if inactive. Riots lead to physical destruction of capital, and once a business is destroyed instead of just closed, I guarantee the labor will also be lost to other opportunities.

Sure we do. The economic damage from COVID is in the trillions upon trillions. Deaths are in the hundreds of thousands.

Economic damage from riots is in the tens of billions. Deaths are in the hundreds.

This is pretty simple arithmetic. No need to try to bend convoluted rationales into justifying something else.

Again, COVID doesn't destroy the actual physical plant of the businesses. Nor does it destroy a business owners faith in government to protect them from a preventable occurrence.

And it's not COVID destroying economic value, it's the response, a response you evidently want to be much much more stringent, and thus more economically damaging.

The damage from the rioting is due to a LACK of aggressive response.
Irrelevant. If a physical business is destroyed, it can be rebuilt. No difference. It just costs money. Money is money. COVID prevents economic activity, therefore it costs money. The response to COVID was made necessary by the widespread pandemic. We could have avoided it but it would have meant hundreds of thousands more deaths, so either way we were screwed.

Wow, talk about pathetic attempts to justify democratic cities allowing actual physical destruction of property.

It's money and time. Time where you can't make money because the physical plant of your business has been destroyed. COVID restrictions are a construct, once removed the business just has to resupply consumables and get their workers back. The plant is still there.

Money is never just money, it is an extension of worth, value, and ability to interact with society to both provide services/goods and receive services/goods.

I would LOVE for you to tell a person who's property was gutted by riots that "It's only money" you uncaring SJW cum sucker.

He didn't say that at all, dope.

You have the exact quote, you worthless sack of shit?

I have to say I am laughing on how many Trumpists are triggered by Trump's own words.

Hey Trumpist morons, Stop deflecting and defend Trump and his words.
No one is triggered.

We are laughing at your Leftist Dumbassery !!!

Yup. We all laugh at an idiot who believes whatever he's told to believe without questioning any of it.
You missed post 37, John T Ford was mocking JohnLaw.

Yeah. I know. Ford is one of us but it sure feels good to jerk his chain. LOL

President Donald Trump claimed Monday at an Ohio campaign rally that the coronavirus poses little threat to young people

News flash for you cabbagebreath-- -- -- that's TRUE. The young are the least affected by Covid-19.

BTW, 1.3 MILLION die every year just from heart disease and cancer alone. That's only two causes, far more than a more 200K, yet I don't see you worrying about that. Come to think of it, it's not like people are dropping over all around me from those two things left and right, there is no national panic about hearts and cancer. Get over yourself Slaw, go take a pill, put a bag over your head, breathe deeply and chill out.

The 200,000 dead number is a conservative estimate.

NO, its a lie. the vast majority of those people had serious medical conditions and, sadly, would have died anyway. We all know that the covid positives have been lied about by every state in the country. Its about money, not medicine.
Everyone is going to die anyway. I guess we shouldn’t worry about any premature death then?

A man was shot walking down the street. Oh well, he was going to die eventually.

you have no way of knowing if the so-called covid deaths were premature. Only God knows that. My point is that people with serious medical issues are more likely to die than those who are otherwise healthy. Dying WITH covid is not the same as dying FROM covid. Putting up "comorbidity" stats to up the covid numbers is a fear tactic and has no medical or societal basis. Its become a form of propaganda------------dems and their media cohorts believe that a struggling economy helps their chances in November, and sadly thats what this virus is really about, politics.

Do you honestly think it's that hard to tell if someone dies from COVID as opposed to something else?

No its not hard to tell. but those doing the counting have been lying from the start about cause of death. do some research, look at the monthly death rates of americans for the last few years, what you will find is that 2020 shows no increase in the total number of deaths.

covid is a chinese scam, and it worked because of a corrupt media and morons like you.

You don't know that. On the other hand we know aggressive policing would have stopped the riots cold.

With regards to damages, COVID, unless the owner died of the disease, leaves the capital and labor of the business intact, even if inactive. Riots lead to physical destruction of capital, and once a business is destroyed instead of just closed, I guarantee the labor will also be lost to other opportunities.

Sure we do. The economic damage from COVID is in the trillions upon trillions. Deaths are in the hundreds of thousands.

Economic damage from riots is in the tens of billions. Deaths are in the hundreds.

This is pretty simple arithmetic. No need to try to bend convoluted rationales into justifying something else.

Again, COVID doesn't destroy the actual physical plant of the businesses. Nor does it destroy a business owners faith in government to protect them from a preventable occurrence.

And it's not COVID destroying economic value, it's the response, a response you evidently want to be much much more stringent, and thus more economically damaging.

Irrelevant. If a physical business is destroyed, it can be rebuilt. No difference. It just costs money. Money is money. COVID prevents economic activity, therefore it costs money. The response to COVID was made necessary by the widespread pandemic. We could have avoided it but it would have meant hundreds of thousands more deaths, so either way we were screwed.

Wow, talk about pathetic attempts to justify democratic cities allowing actual physical destruction of property.

It's money and time. Time where you can't make money because the physical plant of your business has been destroyed. COVID restrictions are a construct, once removed the business just has to resupply consumables and get their workers back. The plant is still there.

Money is never just money, it is an extension of worth, value, and ability to interact with society to both provide services/goods and receive services/goods.

I would LOVE for you to tell a person who's property was gutted by riots that "It's only money" you uncaring SJW cum sucker.

You're disgusting and irrational.

I would love for you to tell the family of a person who died from COVID that they were probably going to die anyway so no one really cares. What's really far more important is that a tire shop got burned down and that is so much worse than the loss of life.

The 200,000 dead number is a conservative estimate.

NO, its a lie. the vast majority of those people had serious medical conditions and, sadly, would have died anyway. We all know that the covid positives have been lied about by every state in the country. Its about money, not medicine.
Everyone is going to die anyway. I guess we shouldn’t worry about any premature death then?

A man was shot walking down the street. Oh well, he was going to die eventually.

you have no way of knowing if the so-called covid deaths were premature. Only God knows that. My point is that people with serious medical issues are more likely to die than those who are otherwise healthy. Dying WITH covid is not the same as dying FROM covid. Putting up "comorbidity" stats to up the covid numbers is a fear tactic and has no medical or societal basis. Its become a form of propaganda------------dems and their media cohorts believe that a struggling economy helps their chances in November, and sadly thats what this virus is really about, politics.

Do you honestly think it's that hard to tell if someone dies from COVID as opposed to something else?

No its not hard to tell. but those doing the counting have been lying from the start about cause of death. do some research, look at the monthly death rates of americans for the last few years, what you will find is that 2020 shows no increase in the total number of deaths.

covid is a chinese scam, and it worked because of a corrupt media and morons like you.

I've done my research, enough to know that a corrupt right wing media is training idiots like you to downplay COVID because they know it would hurt their political ambitions.

You've hard of John's Hopkins? One of the best medical schools in the world. Go ahead and tell me that you're smarter and have a better source of information than them?

You're probably too stupid to know when you're being manipulated and used.
Instead of listening to braindead internet sources, I'll go with the department of health and the rest of the educated medical community.

Do you understand how you sound? Are you truly willing to destroy the National/World Economy based on a bug that frankly isn't nearly as "deadly" as Progs want to make it sound? If you are then God help you because you can't see past the end of your nose. Go ahead, crash it and then see what happens to people.
No one is willing to destroy the world economy. This is idiotic alarmist hyperbole.

The sad fact is that the shutdown would have been shorter and more effective if more people had been engaged and on board with it, rather than having Trump telling his followers that it was no big deal.

That's why Trump downplaying the virus was such a big deal. Because it made our response to it that much less effective.

Do you understand how you sound? Are you truly willing to destroy the National/World Economy based on a bug that frankly isn't nearly as "deadly" as Progs want to make it sound? If you are then God help you because you can't see past the end of your nose. Go ahead, crash it and then see what happens to people.
No one is willing to destroy the world economy. This is idiotic alarmist hyperbole.

The sad fact is that the shutdown would have been shorter and more effective if more people had been engaged and on board with it, rather than having Trump telling his followers that it was no big deal.

That's why Trump downplaying the virus was such a big deal. Because it made our response to it that much less effective.

Blah, blah, blah. Stuff your Prog crap. The shutdown will destroy the world economy. We've already lost THOUSNDS of businesses, do you want to lose more? It ISN"T a big deal unless you are over 60 with underlying chronic conditions. Secure THEM not the entire nation. You can't really be that obtuse. Of course you can

Blah, blah, blah. Stuff your Prog crap. The shutdown will destroy the world economy. We've already lost THOUSNDS of businesses, do you want to lose more? It ISN"T a big deal unless you are over 60 with underlying chronic conditions. Secure THEM not the entire nation. You can't really be that obtuse. Of course you can

Wah! Stop saying things I don't want to hear Prog!

Give me a break.

If the Trump supporting idiots would have taken this seriously, we'd be through this by now.

I would love for you to tell the family of a person who died from COVID that they were probably going to die anyway so no one really cares. What's really far more important is that a tire shop got burned down and that is so much worse than the loss of life.

The disease is a virus, it doesn't have the ability to know right from wrong, it just replicates. How we respond to it can be up for debate, but once this thing got out of China, it wasn't going to be contained, just slowed. How to slow it is the matter for debate.

Gutting someone's property is a conscious decision by human beings to destroy something. That's what makes it worse, and makes you a worthless sack of human scum for defending it.

And by excusing it, you are defending it you wanna be posuer revolutionary twat, so don't try to deny it.

The disease is a virus, it doesn't have the ability to know right from wrong, it just replicates. How we respond to it can be up for debate, but once this thing got out of China, it wasn't going to be contained, just slowed. How to slow it is the matter for debate.

Gutting someone's property is a conscious decision by human beings to destroy something. That's what makes it worse, and makes you a worthless sack of human scum for defending it.

And by excusing it, you are defending it you wanna be posuer revolutionary twat, so don't try to deny it.
I never excused or defended violence or destruction of property, dumb ass.

Are you going to defend Trump downplaying coronavirus which ultimately resulted in far more death and destruction than any riots?

Wah! Stop saying things I don't want to hear Prog!

Give me a break.

If the Trump supporting idiots would have taken this seriously, we'd be through this by now.

You're an idiot. All "serious" had to mean was lock down the older vulnerable folks. Instead people like you screamed to shut don the economy and then blame Rump when it went south.

I never excused or defended violence or destruction of property, dumb ass.

Are you going to defend Trump downplaying coronavirus which ultimately resulted in far more death and destruction than any riots?

You have no idea that if he responded differently if the numbers would be higher or lower, and you know it.

Also the federal nature of our system puts far more local responsibility for quarantine restrictions on State governments then federal.

You are excusing it by saying "meh, only property", and you know it.

and on the other hand, we know if local governments let police handle the rioters like rioters, and not protesters, they would be waiting trial now, not out there again under non prosecution mandates and catch and release.

Forum List

Back