20 children hospitalized each day with gun injuries

You don't know what a 1st world country is? Maybe I should rethink your ability to even have this conversation if that simple concept is too much for you.

But you did in fact make a very specific statement -

Where did you get this information from? Where is this list? Don't tell me to Google it. I want to see the exact list you are looking at.

Please, tell us EXACTLY what constitutes "1st world" country, who supports that definition and which countries qualify. Or are we just supposed to go with your "because I say so"?

Secondly, why are you ignoring the links I did provide. The UK not 1st world?

Third, as to the list of countries by murder rate...are you retarded or something? You can't manage a simple internet search? Hell, even Wiki has the list:

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lastly, why have you completely overlooked that outside of the four cities I mentioned earlier, America would have among the LOWEST murder rates in the world...DESPITE ALL THE FIREARMS! It just burns your ass that rational people have no problem with guns and don't need your meddling. If you really care about violence, move to South Chicago and lend a hand. Those folks really do need help.

LOL, just as I thought. Look at the countries with higher murder rates than the U.S. Just like I said, you're comparing apples to oranges. And Great Britain is much lower than the U.S.

England has a lower murder rate but a MUCH higher violent crime rate, which is exactly what I said. I see you have a reading comprehension problem.

Still looking for that definition of "1st world". What's the matter...a little stumped?

Further, tell us why countries that ban civilian firearm ownership COULD POSSIBLY have higher murder and violent crime than the US with all our firearms. Please be specific and use logic and reason. No emotional arguments or "because I say so" retorts please.

You're full of shit. But we both knew that already.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

What is my version of "doing something"?

Please, enlighten us. Show us what new laws, rules and regulations you would put into place that would make any difference whatsoever. Keep in mind we already have THOUSANDS of laws on the book that criminals ignore. What are you proposing that will change that? What are you suggesting we do that will not infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens to defend themselves in an effective and timely manner. Give us the scoop on your idea that will not violate the Constitution.

The floor is yours.

For starters, I would enforce background checks on ALL gun sales, even between private parties.

Oh, and by the way, the state of California has enforced such a law for decades. But hey, Los Angeles enjoys low rates of violence and murder, right?

Are you beginning to see the futility and harm caused by your ever-so-well-intentioned meddling? Or are you suggesting that if we'd just add a few more laws, things would improve? You know the six most dangerous words in the English language?: "IT WILL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME"

I'll ask them nicely, Just like the way we enforce the law against murder.

DEFLECTION! Tell us, do you ever answer a question directly?

Only the ones worthy of answering.

Now THAT'S a deflection.

Seriously, tell us how you expect criminals will comply with your new rule of expanded background checks and how that will lead to an improvement in the murder and/or violent crime rate.

Not worthy of answering? Then what's the point of suggesting the new law?

Please, enlighten us. Show us what new laws, rules and regulations you would put into place that would make any difference whatsoever. Keep in mind we already have THOUSANDS of laws on the book that criminals ignore. What are you proposing that will change that? What are you suggesting we do that will not infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens to defend themselves in an effective and timely manner. Give us the scoop on your idea that will not violate the Constitution.

The floor is yours.

For starters, I would enforce background checks on ALL gun sales, even between private parties.

Oh, and by the way, the state of California has enforced such a law for decades. But hey, Los Angeles enjoys low rates of violence and murder, right?

Are you beginning to see the futility and harm caused by your ever-so-well-intentioned meddling? Or are you suggesting that if we'd just add a few more laws, things would improve? You know the six most dangerous words in the English language?: "IT WILL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME"

Again, looking at individual states is pointless. It's too easily defeated by going to another neighboring state to get around the law. This needs to be done country wide to have a chance to be effective.

DEFLECTION! Tell us, do you ever answer a question directly?

Now THAT'S a deflection.

Seriously, tell us how you expect criminals will comply with your new rule of expanded background checks and how that will lead to an improvement in the murder and/or violent crime rate.

Because the law would have to be followed by the seller, not the buyer. The responsibility is on the seller to ensure that if they sell a gun that they are ensuring the buyer is screened.
Let's say that someone sells a gun to a mentally unfit person and skips the background check. That person then murders a bunch of people and the weapon is recovered. They can see who owned it before and check to see if it had a legal transaction on file. If not, the seller would be the one in trouble.

Again, looking at individual states is pointless. It's too easily defeated by going to another neighboring state to get around the law. This needs to be done country wide to have a chance to be effective.

And you have some evidence that criminals in south central are venturing out of state to legally obtain firearms legally and then bringing them back to LA? Are you disputing the BATF statistics I cited earlier?

Didn't think so.

Logic is failing you.

Still waiting for answer to several questions:

1) Tell us how you expect criminals will comply with your new rule of expanded background checks and how that will lead to an improvement in the murder and/or violent crime rate.

2) Tell us why countries that ban civilian firearm ownership COULD POSSIBLY have higher murder and violent crime than the US with all our firearms.

3) What do you have to say about England having a higher violent crime rate than the US despite their ban on firearms?

4) Why would America have among the LOWEST murder rates in the world outside the four cities I mentioned earlier...DESPITE ALL THE FIREARMS! Stated differently, if firearms are the problem, why aren't people outside those cities killing each other?

and lastly, we're still looking for that definition of "1st world"

Now THAT'S a deflection.

Because the law would have to be followed by the seller, not the buyer. The responsibility is on the seller to ensure that if they sell a gun that they are ensuring the buyer is screened.

Today, we have plenty of people that sell firearms to criminals. They are criminals themselves for doing so. It's called the Black Market. But you think if we say they're supposed to do a background check, they will?

My God, you are high.

Let's say that someone sells a gun to a mentally unfit person and skips the background check.

Already illegal. Next.

That person then murders a bunch of people and the weapon is recovered. They can see who owned it before and check to see if it had a legal transaction on file. If not, the seller would be the one in trouble.

The seller would already be in trouble under existing law.

So I ask again, what makes you think expanding background checks will make any difference to the thugs and criminals that don't follow the current laws...and sorry, but sellers of those firearms are already among those criminals.

20 children hospitalized each day. Those guns make us so safe.
Twenty U.S. Kids Hospitalized Each Day for Gun Injuries: Study ? WebMD

I read this study the other day, it kills me that they call 20 year olds "kids" and 'children".

Seems they pushed the age up to give an impression of horror.

While I know there are idiot parents who do not lock up guns and accidents happen, I would like to know how many of the 'kids" in the article were truly adults 18-20 and using illegal handguns and or weapons.

I'll ask them nicely, Just like the way we enforce the law against murder.

I knew you were full of shit. Thanks for clarifying it.

And it went right over your head. Not shocking though since you're probably hunched over.

I actually think you believe everything you stated.

Now that you realize how utterly stupid it was, you want to act as if I missed something.

Trust me, your idiocy is hard to miss.

Then you're being intentionally obtuse...or you're just downright stupid.

You said "easy access to firearms" results in firearms that "end up doing more harm than good". If that were true, how do you square the incredibly low number of murders in areas with the easiest access to firearms compared to the much higher number of murders in cities with the strictest gun control laws.

Hmmm???

And "because I say so" is not a reasonable retort. Just sayin'

You seem to be implying that the violence rates in some of the urban areas you've cited is somehow BECAUSE of their "strict" gun laws.

You'd be wrong about that. Never said that, never implied it.

But that would be true.

Criminals are more violent when they think no potential target is plausibly armed.

Last edited:
So you support making the laws more sound and ensuring that loopholes are closed and criminals/mentally unstable are truly weeded out?

I support nothing until Cuomo and the NY State legislature gives me my rights back. until then any form of gun control should be rejected.

Even now, you can't not be a hack. It's just goes against every fiber of who you are to even try to have a rational discussion. "I SUPPORT NOTHING......blah blah, blah"

Why don't you go back to telling me what I think about the topic and then arguing against that. You seem to enjoy that.

My position is clear. no trusting the gun grabbing pols with any new regs until I get my rights back.

its very simple actually.

Defensive Use of Guns

Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence, although the exact number remains disputed (Cook and Ludwig, 1996; Kleck, 2001a). Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million (Kleck, 2001a), in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008 (BJS, 2010). On the other hand, some scholars point to a radically lower estimate of only 108,000 annual defensive uses based on the National Crime Victimization Survey (Cook et al., 1997). The variation in these numbers remains a controversy in the field. The estimate of 3 million defensive uses per year is based on an extrapolation from a small number of responses taken from more than 19 national surveys. The former estimate of 108,000 is difficult to interpret because respondents were not asked specifically about defensive gun use.

A different issue is whether defensive uses of guns, however numerous or rare they may be, are effective in preventing injury to the gun-wielding crime victim. Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was “used” by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies

Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence

Even if you use the low estimate of 108000 defensive uses of guns annually it still outnumbers gun murders

IMO suicide should be excluded from violent crime stats because it is not a violent crime nor is suicide illegal

Last edited:
You realize when people live in alternate universes and innocent children/adults getting shot and killed is just collateral damage to protect a perceived right and fuzzy logic somehow dictates that if I own a gun and don't have a conscience I am somehow safer, you are dealing with a mouth breather. The macho theory that when the shit hits the fan, it will all unfold like it has in my delusional mind for years. I will shoot better and faster and be completely aware of impending doom. And yes I will reign victorious because I have old blue by my side for protection. Long live the mouth breathers!!!

BTW to address my second amendment needs I want an Apache AH-64 and the K2 Black Panther....

You realize when people live in alternate universes and innocent children/adults getting shot and killed is just ...... Long live the mouth breathers!!!

Anyone that thinks a 20 year old 220 pound man with multiple felonies is a child is a fucking fool or a gun grabbing fascist lying for rhetorical points.

BTW to address my second amendment needs I want an Apache AH-64 and the K2 Black Panther....

The Second Amendment does not grant anyone the rights to siege weapons but only personal firearms, dumbass.

You realize when people live in alternate universes and innocent children/adults getting shot and killed is just ...... Long live the mouth breathers!!!

Anyone that thinks a 20 year old 220 pound man with multiple felonies is a child is a fucking fool or a gun grabbing fascist lying for rhetorical points.

I said children/adults...Learn to read Dumbass...

The Second Amendment does not grant anyone the rights to siege weapons but only personal firearms, dumbass.

Show me where the 2nd amendment defines what type of weapon is allowed, Dumbass......

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Forum List

Back