20,000 gun laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote for the right person doesn't guarantee the right person wins. Besides, I have other things aside from my 2nd Amendment rights to consider when I vote as well.
I understand that.

But it seems to me that you want expanded background checks and yet you vote for a party that fights for the exact opposite.

There are 20,000+ gun laws on the books in America. Which one would have stopped the school shooter yesterday? None of them. Because they are not being enforced.
So what's the use of passing more laws when you're too lazy to enforce the ones you've already passed?
A law which prevents anyone under 21 from buying a gun.

Simple, amend the NICS law to mandate a psychological evaluation for any applicant, also mandate gun safety training. Make the trainer and psychologist aubmit records to the system verifying the person has done both. Also it should require close friends, relatives, and cohorts to sign affidavits with specific questions related to the individual's mannerisms, demeanor, or other factors that may disqualify them from a gun purchase. If no relatives, friends, or cohorts, then a more rigorous psychological evaluation may be needed.
g5000

My party is interested in expanding background checks, like you suggested.

Your party isn’t.

Because your party isn't interested in a reasonable expansion. Their emotions are so overwhelming that their expansion will exceed constitutional limits. They have already demonstrated that in CA. They aren't interested in being reasonable and the Republicans know that.

I vote for Republicans because they are the best counter to your party's overly emotional approach to national issues and drafting legislation. That does not preclude me from thinking freely.

Got that?

Last edited:
My party is interested in expanding background checks, like you suggested.

Your party isn’t.

As for this claim that my party isn't interested in doing anything:

Slow down immigration. For some period of years. Legal citizens need to assimilate into the American culture. Improve traditional marriage and lessen the Prog extremisms. Mental Health issues will improve, and we need mental health conferences on housing potentially dangerous people with psyche issues.
When the last time an immigrate was involved in a mass shooting?

You are saying that this kid was fucked up because of "Prog extremisms"...

Then we wonder why this keeps happening again and again... The Thoughts and Prayers aren't working... Lets blame the left...

This happens because any sensible gun laws about keeping guns out mentally deranged is blocked by the Right. The Right is responsible for arming the mentally deranged... Doesn't help they then feed them full of bullshit as well like they did in Buffalo...

Also the Right also vetos funding healthcare to deal with mental illness. They implement polices which put mentally ill in jail and not where they get treatment.

Even 22 last comment, was about trying to help people with mental illness, it was about identifying them and getting them away from us..

This why your comment from start to end is utter bullshit..

Gun ownership should be regulated Like driving: mandatory gun safety courses and tests to prove you can hit what you aim at. Include gun safety and responsibility classes in high school. Recertify every few years. It will never fly of course because the gun lobby would absolutely oppose it.
That is why I suggested mandatory insurance, let the insurance companies regulate the business...

Because your party isn't interested in a reasonable expansion. Their emotions are so overwhelming that their expansion will exceed constitutional limits. They have already demonstrated that in CA. They aren't interested in being reasonable and the Republicans know that.

I vote for Republicans because they are the best counter to your party's overly emotional approach to national issues and drafting legislation. That does not preclude me from thinking freely.

Got that?
What’s unreasonable about it?

Democrats wanted universal background checks. Republicans blocked it. Republicans blocked it, calling it “hostile towards lawful gun owners and lawful firearm transactions.”

As for this claim that my party isn't interested in doing anything:

You’re interested in passing 20,000 laws that don’t actually do anything to fix this issue. This would just be another one to add to that.

You described having more extensive background checks and that would actually help fix the issue. I agree. This law Republicans are pushing isn’t that. Democrats are pushing the extended background checks and Republicans refuse, calling it “hostile towards lawful gun owners and lawful firearm transactions.”

You’re interested in passing 20,000 laws that don’t actually do anything to fix this issue. This would just be another one to add to that.
Your assertion was that 'your party is interested in doing nothing", which was an ill advised post.

That response had nothing to do with my interest or disinterest in passing new laws.

And we wonder why nothing gets done about this issue.
Nothing gets done because nobody is interested in getting anything done.

Raise the age limit? It's already 21 for handguns, yet murders continue unabated in this country, what effect would such a superfluous measure have on long guns?

I've already stated what I think needs to be done.

Your assertion was that 'your party is interested in doing nothing", which was an ill advised post.

That response had nothing to do with my interest or disinterest in passing new laws.
Passing ineffective laws is doing nothing to fix the issue.

You said yourself that you want more detailed background checks for anyone who wants to purchase a gun. This is exactly what Democrats have pushed and what the Republicans that YOU vote for have blocked.

This is why nothing gets done. This is why we will see no progress on this issue and why we will keep seeing the same thing happen again and again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back